Do We Really Exist?

Wicked Warrior

Sometimes, when I can't sleep, my mind starts wondering. Eventually it'll start thinking about death. Been thinking about it and about Gurbani and how it calls everything else but God false, and about how God is the puppeteer and we're just puppets.

Do we really exist? Or is everthing God? Is my arm God? Is my hand God? Is my brain God? Is this cup God? Is the water God too?

Is God everything, and everything God? Thus do we really exist, or are we all God?

my way of thinking and from wat ive learnt is that we are all god but with a wall in middle stopping us from realising it, the wall is made up of maya attachment and hankar, and untill that wall isnt broken we are going to be reborn again and again untill we get a puran bramgiani to show us the path and show us the rastaa to break the wall through gurbani and bhagti, if u look at every bramgiani in the past they have all done seva or stayed with a puran bramgiani to give them the key

lets not turn this into sum bashing topic, it was just my opinion and wat i think if u dont agree then dont, everyone has ther own way of thinking

Guest Akirtghan

rwgu soriT bwxI Bgq rivdws jI kI

raag sorat(h) baanee bhagath ravidhaas jee kee

Raag Sorat'h, The Word Of Devotee Ravi Daas Jee:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

jb hm hoqy qb qU nwhI Ab qUhI mY nwhI ]

jab ham hothae thab thoo naahee ab thoohee mai naahee ||

When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me.

Anl Agm jYsy lhir mie EdiD jl kyvl jl mWhI ]1]

anal agam jaisae lehar mae oudhadhh jal kaeval jal maa(n)hee ||1||

The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. ||1||

mwDvy ikAw khIAY BRmu AYsw ]

maadhhavae kiaa keheeai bhram aisaa ||

O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion?

jYsw mwnIAY hoie n qYsw ]1] rhwau ]

jaisaa maaneeai hoe n thaisaa ||1|| rehaao ||

Things are not as they seem. ||1||Pause||

nrpiq eyku isMGwsin soieAw supny BieAw iBKwrI ]

narapath eaek si(n)ghaasan soeiaa supanae bhaeiaa bhikhaaree ||

It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar.

ACq rwj ibCurq duKu pwieAw so giq BeI hmwrI ]2]

ashhath raaj bishhurath dhukh paaeiaa so gath bhee hamaaree ||2||

His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. ||2||

rwj BuieAMg pRsMg jYsy hih Ab kCu mrmu jnwieAw ]

raaj bhueia(n)g prasa(n)g jaisae hehi ab kashh maram janaaeiaa ||

Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me.

Aink ktk jYsy BUil pry Ab khqy khnu n AwieAw ]3]

anik kattak jaisae bhool parae ab kehathae kehan n aaeiaa ||3||

Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. ||3||

srby eyku AnykY suAwmI sB Gt BuogvY soeI ]

sarabae eaek anaekai suaamee sabh ghatt bhuogavai soee ||

The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts.

kih rivdws hwQ pY nyrY shjy hoie su hoeI ]4]1]

kehi ravidhaas haathh pai naerai sehajae hoe s hoee ||4||1||

Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. ||4||1||

===================================================

rwjw rwm qUM AYsw inrBau qrn qwrn rwm rwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

raajaa raam thoo(n) aisaa nirabho tharan thaaran raam raaeiaa ||1|| rehaao ||

O my Sovereign Lord King, You are Fearless; You are the Carrier to carry us across, O my Lord King. ||1||Pause||

jb hm hoqy qb qum nwhI Ab qum hhu hm nwhI ]

jab ham hothae thab thum naahee ab thum hahu ham naahee ||

When I was, then You were not; now that You are, I am not.

Ab hm qum eyk Bey hih eykY dyKq mnu pqIAwhI ]1]

ab ham thum eaek bheae hehi eaekai dhaekhath man patheeaahee ||1||

Now, You and I have become one; seeing this, my mind is content. ||1||

jb buiD hoqI qb blu kYsw Ab buiD blu n KtweI ]

jab budhh hothee thab bal kaisaa ab budhh bal n khattaaee ||

When there was wisdom, how could there be strength? Now that there is wisdom, strength cannot prevail.

kih kbIr buiD hir leI myrI buiD bdlI isiD pweI ]2]21]72]

kehi kabeer budhh har lee maeree budhh badhalee sidhh paaee ||2||21||72||

Says Kabeer, the Lord has taken away my wisdom, and I have attained spiritual perfection.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LatteSingh
Sometimes, when I can't sleep, my mind starts wondering. Eventually it'll start thinking about death. Been thinking about it and about Gurbani and how it calls everything else but God false, and about how God is the puppeteer and we're just puppets.

Do we really exist? Or is everthing God? Is my arm God? Is my hand God? Is my brain God? Is this cup God? Is the water God too?

Is God everything, and everything God? Thus do we really exist, or are we all God?

This is my personal view. We do exist, we are all one. In this reality, we all have 1 life...even if you believe in reincarnation. All things have 1 life now, because we don't remember our pasts if we are reincarnated.

Life does not belong to us, rather...we belong to life. All those thoughts running through your head isn't you. As you can can evil thoughts, but is that you? No...it is just a thought, the mind likes to have thoughts. Humans have needed those busy thoughts, in order to evolve. To create things and survive.

However, we are getting to the next point in evolution. We can disidentify from external form, and feel that beautiful peace we have above our thoughts. We can live without the need to fight to defend our identity. Because the truth is our identity is all the same, we are the consciousness...or spirit, that is aware that we are thinking!

I think if Guru Nanak was around today, the knowledge we have of consciousness and the brain would have astounded him. Every human being has consciousness. When you look at a new born baby, the baby is free from all thought and it resonates such amazing energy. This is because, it knows nothing of time, like us humans...who get stressed the older we get, because we think the past is getting bigger and the future is getting smaller!

Try this...close your eyes and ask your hand, if there is life in there. Your mind will immediately have thoughts of "why do i want to waste my time or i want to think about something more interesting"....do that with each part of your body. I have done this, and feel a tingling sensation all over my body. Like all the cells in my body are fully alert and awake.

Guest Akirtghan
I think if Guru Nanak was around today, the knowledge we have of consciousness and the brain would have astounded him
i seriously doubt that my friend, guru nanak is you, you are guru nanak, because guru nanak is aap narayan....
Try this...close your eyes and ask your hand, if there is life in there. Your mind will immediately have thoughts of "why do i want to waste my time or i want to think about something more interesting"....do that with each part of your body. I have done this, and feel a tingling sensation all over my body. Like all the cells in my body are fully alert and awake.
bani paro with pyaar, if guru sahib does kirpa, you will get such a tingling that you would want to just die in it

Guest Guest

Ever heard of Nirgun and Sargun :wub: