Marriage

Guest wondering!

Guest wondering!

the title says it all.

i beleive in that we have some will, but surely major events like this are already decided?

what do u think, do we choose who we end up with or is it god???

E.g. my uncle when he was young, got told by a pandit, that he was gona get married twice. n that happened!

so surely it was destined who he ended up with, and itd b some1 whod die young enuf, for him 2 be remarried.

(please no off topic discussions on pandits!)

i promise 2 god thats a tru story.

so obv gods in charge, but do we have some say, or it is 100% gods will on this matter??

THANKU SADH SANGAT!

Guest Akirtghan

jYqsrI mhlw 5 Gru 3

jaithasaree mehalaa 5 ghar 3

Jaitsree, Fifth Mehla, Third House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

koeI jwnY kvnu eIhw jig mIqu ]

koee jaanai kavan eehaa jag meeth ||

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world?

ijsu hoie ik®pwlu soeI ibiD bUJY qw kI inrml rIiq ]1] rhwau ]

jis hoe kirapaal soee bidhh boojhai thaa kee niramal reeth ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. ||1||Pause||

mwq ipqw binqw suq bMDp iest mIq Aru BweI ] pUrb jnm ky imly sMjogI AMqih ko n shweI ]1]

maath pithaa banithaa suth ba(n)dhhap eisatt meeth ar bhaaee || poorab janam kae milae sa(n)jogee a(n)thehi ko n sehaaee ||1||

Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. ||1||

mukiq mwl kink lwl hIrw mn rMjn kI mwieAw ]

mukath maal kanik laal heeraa man ra(n)jan kee maaeiaa ||

Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya.

hw hw krq ibhwnI AvDih qw mih sMqoKu n pwieAw ]2]

haa haa karath bihaanee avadhhehi thaa mehi sa(n)thokh n paaeiaa ||2||

Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. ||2||

hsiq rQ AsÍ pvn qyj DxI BUmn cqurWgw ]

hasath rathh asv pavan thaej dhhanee bhooman chathuraa(n)gaa ||

Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds

sMig n cwilE ien mih kCUAY aUiT isDwieE nWgw ]3]

sa(n)g n chaaliou ein mehi kashhooai oot(h) sidhhaaeiou naa(n)gaa ||3||

- none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. ||3||

hir ky sMq ipRA pRIqm pRB ky qw kY hir hir gweIAY ]

har kae sa(n)th pria preetham prabh kae thaa kai har har gaaeeai ||

The Lord's Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them.

nwnk eIhw suKu AwgY muK aUjl sMig sMqn kY pweIAY ]4]1]

naanak eehaa sukh aagai mukh oojal sa(n)g sa(n)than kai paaeeai ||4||1||

O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. ||4||1||

the title says it all.

i beleive in that we have some will, but surely major events like this are already decided?

E.g. my uncle when he was young, got told by a pandit, that he was gona get married twice. n that happened!

so surely it was destined who he ended up with, and itd b some1 whod die young enuf, for him 2 be remarried.

so obv gods in charge, but do we have some say, or it is 100% gods will on this matter??

THANKU SADH SANGAT!

nothing special about that bro...i know the reason why...but dont know how to word it on paper/computer (i suk at puting my thoughts on paper/computer)

i do believe everything is pre-destined (i hope i wrote that right)

WRT marriage, I believe Maharaj himself has already determined what will happen to you. If He wills that you will get married for one year and then divorced and never get married again, then that's what'll happen. Unless Maharaj then wills that maybe you'll get married again and then you will.

The problem is you can never truly predict the future (or your own life events) because, in the end, it's up to Maharaj what happens to you.

For some, Maharaj has decided will stay single, others will be married, yet others will be divorced. You don't know which one you are.

This is why everyone says "don't worry about it" - because you can either waste your time worrying and then realise all too late that there was no need to worry, or you can spend all that time Naam-japping.

the title says it all.

THANKU SADH SANGAT!

i dont know about about God , but i didnt choose who i was gonna marry!!

the title says it all.

THANKU SADH SANGAT!

nothing special about that bro...i know the reason why...but dont know how to word it on paper/computer (i suk at puting my thoughts on paper/computer)

i do believe everything is pre-destined (i hope i wrote that right)

nvm