What are we doing?

Gupt_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I wrote the following in a different thread, and i just wanted to have a peaceful discussion with the Sangat about what is going on with us these days. We have no unity, we just spend our time fighting...why can't we realize the effects this is happening on our Sikhi?

Whats wrong with the Panth?....according to my beliefs...we have too much ego (including me). We think we are right and all others are lost. Do you think that people who have different views than you on certain matters, are purposely trying to go to against Sikhi? No..they really believe with their hearts and souls that they what they are doing is right. Personally...i think we should follow the Rehat the Panj Piaray told us, and and when we meet someone who has different views, we should remember one thing... These Gursikhs gave their heads to Guru Ji, just like you did, they are following the Rehat given to them by the Panj Piaray, just like you do...We must learn form our mistakes: when we argue with each other about Rehat, nothing gets resolved, we just put our Sikhi on hold, and fill ourselves with ego and anger. We could spend that time and energy towards something so much more useful such as Naam Simran, reading Gurbani, having Gurbani Vichars etc...things we actually came on earth to do.

So it is my request that we stop arguing over everything, because not only are we effecting our Sikhi, but we are also effecting the Sikhi of many others. Remember, we all have the same goal, and that is: to become one with God. We have all given our heads to Guru Ji, and he is our Father...a Father never likes to see his children fight

with each other, so why do we do it?

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

*sigh*

We need to start learning from our elders mistakes. In vancouver how many different gurudwaray are there?? how many gurudwaray have broken apart...and new gurudwaray built. i know of one gurudwara that has broken into three...started off with one gurudwarah...and now because of disagreements there are there seperate gurudwaray.

this is the problem with today's sikhi. We are ready to fight...but we can't all sit together and do sangath...why? because this person doesn't belive in this..and that person doesn't belive in that.

i know exactly how u feel bha jee... ;) if we could all just respect one another's views...(unless they are against gurmath)...and be a panth.

say we were to be called out to battle...i bet before we even got to battle we'd end up killing eachother first because of disagreements...because our views are different..because one perosn wants to do it this way and another that way...

at the UBC conference there was one thing that was repeated over and over...before anything become a saint. work your way towards spirituality...before u do anything...why? for one thing...u'll be able to see clearly...and all these problems we have today...will for once, decrease and not increase by the second.

we already have so many oppositions against sikhi...from outside of sikhi...we need to start fighting those oppositions first...and forget about fighting eachother.

bhul chuck maaf kaar

naa jee

sandeep kaur

ps.i myself have argued against another sikhs views...and for that...i ask for Guru Sahib Jee's forgiveness...

Guest Akaal108

As i mentioned in other topic:

That as long you would you have groups claiming accurate khalsa orthodoxy , claim best representation of khalsa and belittle other groups its not possible to bring unity. As long as we are failed to bring "tolerance" and "acceptance" within each other there wont be any unity

Its simple as that.

I went last week to interview jatehdar of nanaksar brampton. I asked him why there is soo much hate towards nanaksar outside.

He told me if someone slander us or spread propaganda, we are told by our (sants mahapursh) not to retialate back in any form because that creates more differences between gursikhs. He said that our sant mahapursh taught us to have shanti within in the panth. He also said thats the only reason that you will see very less number of gursikhs on the net or any other political events from nanaksar thrat(bhakti da gargh).

I m sharing with the sangat because i truly beleive by doing that you can bring much more calmness in the panth.

i havent seen any huge arguments here. its hardly like singhs fight at the gurdwara every day, or this message board is filled with hatred for different views.

if i didnt listen to people "argue about the rehat" in real life and on message boards, i certainly wouldnt have learnt about all theses different rehatnamas, puratan bhatt accounts, dasam granth and its authenticity, etc. once i read a book called "how vachitar is vachitar natak" - if i didnt have the random lil facts that i know which ive learnt from other people, that book would have really worried me and cast doubts on my belief in gurbani. same goes for the w h mcleod books - its pretty easy to refute his caca arguments if u known random facts. and random facts are picked up from reading random books, and listening in on what you might call "arguments" and reading about "controversial evil untouchable subjects".

arguments within the panth certainly existed pre 84 but babbar khalsas and bhindranwales cru, despite being EXTREMELY p**sed off with each other still faught together when it came down to it.

sukhdev singh babbar really really really didnt like bhindranwale........and it probably was receprocated.........that wasnt over lil petty rehat issues, that was over approach of militancy issues......but did that hinder the seva that both these gursikhs gave to the panth in the end?

its not arguments within the panth on petty issues (which lets be honest is between people who care about sikhi) that is *really* smashing up sikhi, its the people who dont care about sikhi and make the youth monneh, or the greedy people chilling in the SGPC. i havent seen people die, or lose their faith in sikhi, or bec

ome poor, or get angry over, a few controversial discussions.

Guest balwinderkaur

good replies everyone.... lets not beseech each other to unite now....enough begging and baynteean has been done by sooooo many members... lets unite and be ONE SOLID STRONG PANTH....if we dont start now, we'll never do it.

P.S.; that doesnt mean put an end to your intellectual debates... debate but dont FIGHT. ;)

oh we had endless arguements regarding the controversial topics bhenjee and i dun think we need any of it anymore.. there's just so much things to learn in sikhi why should we get only stuck with topics that creates controversy??? how many of us knows the whole meaning of sggs?? i sure dont.. then why not use our energy in that rather then dissing each other??? where will it bring us.. no where.. it will make us less united thats for sure and it will make us more vulnerable to attacks from outsiders.. if we are united i bet no paki will dare to lie their eyes on any of our sisters.. if we are united i bet no india government fella will dare to be funny with us.. if we are united we would have our own country by now.. but just because we arent we get bulllied by outsiders... so set aside our differences and we should start being united... thats a humble request.. bhul chuk maaf karni