Attachment

we all know how people can get emotionally attached to other people this is not what i am posting. what i want to know what if you get attached to something else i.e. a particular thought and you obsess about that thought constantly........letting that thought ruin you in some way.....im not talking about myself personally..............i was just wondering people arent the only things we can get mentally attached to is it.........so how can we overcome this............what are the rest of your views.

we all know how people can get emotionally attached to other people this is not what i am posting. what i want to know what if you get attached to something else i.e. a particular thought and you obsess about that thought constantly........letting that thought ruin you in some way.....im not talking about myself personally..............i was just wondering people arent the only things we can get mentally attached to is it.........so how can we overcome this............what are the rest of your views.

fateh jio

whatever yout attachments are, always remember:

"jo maago soee soee paavo apanae khasam bharosaa ||

Whatever I ask for, I receive; I have total faith in my Master."

All we need is sacha faith, If i have faith in my guru ji then i wudnt even ask for anything. and if i have faith in my guru ji then i wudnt ask anything apart from the dust of his feet, simran, kirtan di daat, sikhi, sewa, pyaar, saadh sangat and list goes on..... now lets do ardass that waheguru ji does kirpa on all of us and all of us have attachment to above written things....!!!

sarey bolo: Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru....!!!

Bhul Chuk maaf karni... :WW:

Gujj ke balaawo:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest Akirtghan

while we are talking about attachment to materialistic things ...

mÚ 5 ]

ma 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

ivxu quDu horu ij mMgxw isir duKw kY duK ]

vin thudhh hor j ma(n)ganaa sir dhukhaa kai dhukh ||

To ask for any other than You, Lord, is the most miserable of miseries.

dyih nwmu sMqoKIAw auqrY mn kI BuK ]

dhaehi naam sa(n)thokheeaa outharai man kee bhukh ||

Please bless me with Your Name, and make me content; may the hunger of my mind be satisfied.

guir vxu iqxu hirAw kIiqAw nwnk ikAw mnuK ]2]

gur van thin hariaa keethiaa naanak kiaa manukh ||2||

The Guru has made the woods and meadows green again. O Nanak, is it any wonder that He blesses human beings as well? ||2||

=========================================================

bhai gurdaas ji also says,

dwqw Ehu n mMgIAY iPir mMgix jweIAY]

dhaathaa ouhu n ma(n)geeai fir ma(n)gan jaaeeai||

dont ask for those things, that you have to come ask for more again. ie. materialistic things, things that perish. as for the everlasting naam, bhagti ....