Rehras Sahib Delayed

Guest Guest

i was alwayz told to do it around/before sunset'sh time... sometimes there's situations where u can't (i.e. at work or school) ... tha's okay.. God knows ur not delayin it purposely... some days i work until 8:30pm, so i jus do it on the way home or when i get home..

jus... make sure u do it when u can.. try to do rehras at a decent time if u can.. if u can't, then jus do it when u are able to..

• 9 months later...
Guest Guest
yh if u can try learn off by heart.... or better still record rehraas sahib ji on ur mp3 and listen to it like when ur travelling home etc. :)
Hanji I used to do that when I was working earlier. I would listen to 5 Banis in the morning in my mp3 player while in the bus, and in the evening to Rehraas while returning home. It was pretty much ok, but I couldn't really concentrate as I wasn't saying the words myself. But I'd say this is a better option than doing it while sitting/walking around college.

Thanks a million ji :)

how long does it take you to memorize all of it?

im jus strting and i dont know how long itll take me

:gg:

ermm..if dats da case..listen to it on ur ipod or summat and jus go thru it in ur mind !!

cos i rember wen i had to stay afta skul for netball and use to get home relli late soo i started listening to it on ma ipod !!

hope dat helpss and u'll memorise it too !!

waheguru ji ka khalsa..waheguru ji ki fateh !!

wjkk wjkf

any time is good time to remember waheguru ji...!

japji sahib ji doesnt only have to be done in amritwale, rehraas shaib ji doesnt only have to be done in the evening.... you can do them with your time availability.... remember, sikhi is a practical religion, and we must accept it in practical way, do your daily nitname while doing your daily things and living your daily sikhi jeevan.

whats more important than these issues, is piyaar, love, respect...... and follow guru ji's bani, surely guru ji will help.

wjkk wjkf

• 11 months later...
Guest vanu

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am a bit confused with the timings of the 3 prayers that I need before I can say my day is complete.

I read the entire post and it confused me a little more. Please do correct me if I am wrong:

So here is what I think is correct times for the 3 main prayers:

Japji Sahib (morning prayer) - 5 AM

Rehras Sahib (evening prayer) - 5PM

Kirtan Sohela (night prayer) - 10 PM

I really would encourage all Gurudawaras and Sikh Student associations to make such trivial information to have on their web sites so people like me are not confused. I know some say that we can do them anytime to give us that flexibility but I honestly think that the flexibility is misused by not following the proper way. I believe there needs to be a structure to a religion, and especially for a great religion like ours.

Waheguru Mehar

Vanu

• 2 years later...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Around sunset is the perfect time for Rehras Sahib. Whether little delayed or not, whenever you sit down, just make sure your mind is all attuned with the words coming out of your mouth. Listen and focus on the words. Just saying Bani for sake of doing it is no good. Bani and our mind should be one when we do Nitnem. So doing it while driving won't do much good. You can either focus on the words or on the road, pick one. Concentration is 100% necessary to reap fruit from your Nitnem routine. Otherwise its mere chat going nowhere. If you are just getting started with Nitnem, it's ok; but if you are doing for long time, its time to listen to bani coming out of you with all attention. If you cannot, just develop it slowly and you will get there.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!