Are Punjabi's Mostly....?

Guest Guest

Guest guest

Actually if one looks at Punjab's demographics before partition, the religious breakdown in descending order in terms of adherents went Muslim, Hindu, and Sikh. There are more Punjabi Muslims than Sikhs. Post partition Indian Punjab was actually majority Hindu (~60%), with only certain districts such as Amritsar with a Sikh majority. So while India did subsequently redefine Punjab's boundaries making it smaller, it also led to Punjab having it's current Sikh majority.

I'd rather have a smaller state with Sikh majority, so Sikh interests can be served than a larger one where we are the minority.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Punjabi_Link wannabe_
What if we include Haryana and Himachal Pradesh with Indian Punjab? Remember Punjab got divided again in 1966.

Also over 60% of Pakistanis live in Punjab Province.

My answer to your question:

If Haryada, New Delhi/Delhi (even though not everybody living in New Delhi is Punjabi) and several northern districts of HP was still part of East Punjab, it still wouldn't have more people than West Punjab (Pak Punjab).

Actually if one looks at Punjab's demographics before partition, the religious breakdown in descending order in terms of adherents went Muslim, Hindu, and Sikh. There are more Punjabi Muslims than Sikhs. Post partition Indian Punjab was actually majority Hindu (~60%), with only certain districts such as Amritsar with a Sikh majority. So while India did subsequently redefine Punjab's boundaries making it smaller, it also led to Punjab having it's current Sikh majority.

I'd rather have a smaller state with Sikh majority, so Sikh interests can be served than a larger one where we are the minority.

Good point.

But the problem is that a lot of Sikhs are leaving Punjab and moving to the west. Soon, Sikhs will become a minority in Punjab.

Guest Guest
If Haryada, New Delhi/Delhi (even though not everybody living in New Delhi is Punjabi) and several northern districts of HP was still part of East Punjab, it still wouldn't have more people than West Punjab (Pak Punjab).

May be it's because Pakistan Punjab have a higher birth rate. Also back in 1947 the population was much lower.

Also i know of Sikhs/Hindus left back in Pakistan Punjab were forced to convert to Islam or told to leave.

Guest Guest

I read that topic where Punjabi Link is saying Jatts are aggresive and violent people. What is that Manmat? Whats that got to do with Gurus Mat.

Alot of Jatts are also alcoholics which leads to that aggression. Naam is the cure. Also did you know Jatts come 3rd place in original Hindu Caste System.

And why did the moderators allow this racist discussion in the first place. KEEP ON THE THEME OF

GURBANI!

Guest Guest
Sikhs make up 60%-65% of India Punjab, but that number is decreasing though.

Yup lot's of Biharis and Kashmiris are coming to Punjab. Many Jatts have employed Bihar immigrants to help work on the farms.

But in 1966 Sikhs were around 50% of Indian Punjab. I guess it's because of Parchaar by various Mahapurakhs that our number went to around 64%.

In between 1950-1963 about 765000 people took HOLY AMRIT OF KHANDE BATTE in the guidance of Baba Isher Singh Ji. On average near about 161 people took HOLY AMRIT per day. IMAGINE AT THAT TIME {1950-1963} THE POPULATION OF SIKHS WAS VERY LESS, EVEN THEN BABA JI SET THIS RECORD. http://www.babaishersinghjinanaksar.com/record.htm

May be it's because Pakistan Punjab have a higher birth rate. Also back in 1947 the population was much lower.

Also i know of Sikhs/Hindus left back in Pakistan Punjab were forced to convert to Islam or told to leave.

Your point maybe true about high birth rate. So I wouldn't argue with you on that.

As for your partition comment, well a lot of Muslims left India Punjab and the ones who didn't leave end up converting. So this cancel outs your point.

Guest Guest
I read that topic where Punjabi Link is saying Jatts are aggresive and violent people. What is that Manmat? Whats that got to do with Gurus Mat.

Alot of Jatts are also alcoholics which leads to that aggression. Naam is the cure. Also did you know Jatts come 3rd place in original Hindu Caste System.

And why did the moderators allow this racist discussion in the first place. KEEP ON THE THEME OF

GURBANI!

bro/sis,

Let's stay on topic here. If you want to discuss my comments about Jatts, then please post your comments in other thread (dal singh - Sikh rebels; you can find it under general section).