Guru's On Hindu God's

G.I JATT

The word Ram was used for Lord or Almighty even before Dashrath putra ram chandra was born.

His name actually meant Moon of the lord as chandra means moon in sanskrit.

The word har/hari also implies god, I know its also one of the names of vishnu but the har/hari gurus and bhagats refer to in SGGS is the former.

Guru Sahib is unequivocal in rejecting worshipping of all gods & godesses :

Devi deva poojiye kya maango kya deh

Worshipping gods and godesses is futile - what can you ask and what can they give ?

Idol worship is condemned by bhagat namdev as follows

Ek pathar dharie pao duje pathar keeje bhao

Je Eh dev to Oh bhi Deve Kaho Namdev ham har ki sewa

You step on one stone and worship another. If one is god so is another - says Namdev is immersed in serving one lord.

Yh the idols they worship were once living things, like hunuman, and the elephant god and the women with 8 arms. are we suppose to beleive in them as prophets or not belive in them at all. are they ever mentioned in sri guru granth sahib. and did the exist. or was it just a fairytale.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The names relating to Bhagats, Devteh, demi gods you have mentioned are used by the Guru as reference or to explain to the reader.

If i always knew God as Ram, you would not say "do you believe in God" as i would not understand it, you would say "do you believe in Ram" and i would say yes. The language of Gurbani is universal once this is understood things like this will become alot clear.

Gurfateh Ji

"i have no name"

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat Ji Guru Ji states many many times what to believe

mY n gnysih ipRQm mnwaUN ] iksn ibsn kbhUM nh iDAwaUN ]

Mai 'N' ganays(i) pritham manaaoo(n)| kisan bisan kabhoo(n) neh dhiaaoo(n)

I do not praise or hail Ganesh before I start any task. (In old times, often Ganesh

would be hailed before starting any task). Nor do I let the thought of Vishnu or any

incarnations of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind. (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji

never regarded Vishnu or any avatars as the supreme Lord; Akaal purakh, as he

states next.)

kwn suny pihcwn n iqn so ] ilv lwgI morI pg ien so ]2]

Kaan sunay pahichaan 'N' thin so| liv laagee more pag in so

I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them. May my prayers and

thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the Lord (the one and only).

Guru clearly states yes they were created by the great lord but i will never worship them

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

I just wanted to know what Guru Nanak and the following gurus taught us about hindu gods. as it says not to belive in ram, rahim and quaran, i just came across a topic as a panji quoted on some quotes on hindu GOD's from the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj.

beacause i never believed in any of them, i thaught they dident even exist.

The name of the Hindu god Shri Ram, is recited 2,400 times, (the gods name whose constant repetition leads to salvation).

Hari (Vishnu) over 8,300 times, 630 times by Guru Nanak alone,

Parabrahman, 550 times, Omkara, (the primeval sound of OM) 400 times.

Please note the names of countless other Hindu gods are also mentioned and are one and the same.

In contrast the name Mohammed is never mentioned and the name allah is used but a couple of times, merely as an example. It is interesting to note that the Granth itself contains banis from seven of the sikh gurus, two muslim Sufis, but EIGHTEEN Hindu saints and pandits.

DID GURU NANAK REALLY RACITE HIS NAME?

First of all I don't understand why our people spend so much time, trying to find things that are "wrong" with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee??!! Why do you even feel you have the right to level yourself up with Maharaaj and feel you need ALL the "answers", point is no one can ever understand Vaheguru or what it says in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Why don't you spend time looking into all the things that our Guru's have written and relate them to how you feel plays in Kaljug and with your life? (same goes for me)

Second I found this on the net:

Punjabi literature as such came into existence only from the end of the 16th century when Punjabi was already in its Middle Period.

Gurmukhi script, created from the Nagari script, is claimed by Sikhs as the only proper script for Punjabi. Punjabi was evolving and Guru Nanak, the founder of the Sikh religion, gave a new lease of life to the language although it was still not in its pure form.

The fifth Guru, Arjun Dev compiled the Sikh scripture, the Adi Grantha or Grantha Sahib, but this again was not strictly in Punjabi. Guru Govind Singh (1666-1708), the tenth and last Guru, wrote a number of religious works mainly in Old Hindi with the exception of Candi-di-// which is in Punjabi.

Guru Nanak Dev Jee was born in 1469 and took Jothee Jo'hth in 1539. If the words that we understand to be Gurmukhee wearnt put into play untill 1600's what do you expect? You talk about how Guru Nanak Dev Jee didn't mention Mohammed or Allah, why would they be mentioned, at the time that Guru Nanak Dev Jee came to this world, Muhgal's were killing etc they were doing the opposite of what Vaheguru says, why would Guru Nanak Dev Jee mention their name when they themselves are caught up in ruins? Hindu's at the time were the only faith that still practised their faith before Guru Nanak Dev Jee came and brought Sikhism to this world. There was only Hindu's and Muslims / Muhgal's as the majority of main running faiths, even then Muhgal's were giving the Hindu's a bad time. To my knowledge this is why there are so many Hindu Guru-pyar'eh that have written in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee. You got understand that Guru Nanak Dev Jee was seen as a mere man to oppressors, they didn't believe that Guru Nanak Dev Jee was the Roop of Akhal Purkh, so when everyone decides to get all doubtful about what Guru Nanak Dev Jee was preaching, it has to be known and remembered that GuruJee did MAJOR missions, he didn't go about saying "oh yeah all other faiths are wrong, only Sikhism should live" (thats something idiots like me say); we all find it hard to accept Guru Nanak Dev Jee's teaching because our GuruJee was the ONLY one that said

BYrau mhlw 5 ]

Bhairao, Fifth Mehla:

vrq n rhau n mh rmdwnw ]

I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan.

iqsu syvI jo rKY indwnw ]1]

I serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. ||1||

eyku gusweI Alhu myrw ]

The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

ihMdU qurk duhW nybyrw ]1] rhwau ]

He adminsters justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause||

hj kwbY jwau n qIrQ pUjw ]

I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines.

eyko syvI Avru n dUjw ]2]

I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2||

pUjw krau n invwj gujwrau ]

I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers.

eyk inrMkwr ly irdY nmskwrau ]3]

I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. ||3||

nw hm ihMdU n muslmwn ]

I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

Alh rwm ky ipMfu prwn ]4]

My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||

khu kbIr iehu kIAw vKwnw ]

Says Kabeer, this is what I say:

gur pIr imil Kuid Ksmu pCwnw ]5]3]

meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master. ||5||3||

- Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Bhairao on Ang 1136

(p.s. I don't kno if this speech / preach was relavent but it's been said now.... :wub: )