Keshi Ishnaan

u shud not have your kesh uncovered for no reason, unless they are soaking wet...

you shud still try and cover them with a patka or a dupatta..

you should not cosume anything wile your kesh are down.

u shudnt do nitnem during ishnaan beacuse, it jus doeast seem rite,

ur washing yourself (your sareer) chaning ur kachera etc, whilst doing your daily must...nd ur mind is not in the paath..to wash your mat you need the colour of naam/gurbanee to clense it (japjee sahib- bhreeay mat papa kai sang(i) oo dopai navai ke rang(i))

i no sum1 gna say but whats the point of doin jaap during ishnaan..

personally the point of doin a simple gurmantar jaap is to get you going for your abhyaas after ishnaan, if u start siree japjee sahib in the ishnaan you may miss a pauree/panktee/tuk without realising, or you mispronunce guroo sahibs pavitar banee..

personally.. dass has stopped washing his kesh everyday, as he is loosing lots of kesh, but he still puts his kesh dwn to give them fresh air during nitnem...obv kesh covered with a a dupatta thing,

giving kesh air is important, i remember i was looking thore pira singh padam? rehatnameh and it said there that you must give your kesh Dup (i.e sunlight..i,e fresh air)

i fink reading Shromanee Panth Akalee Buddha Dal's Rehatnama it mentions not put your kesh on ur back??sumfink like that, so i spilt my kesh in two and put infront of me.. (if youn get what i mean?)

bhul chak maaf jeeeeeeo!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should not be tying a keski/bunga around wet or damp hair as the cloth fibres stick to the kesh.......you will find that when you comb your hair with kanga that alot of fibres are coming out of your kesh ... you should use two or three towels to eliminate water by thoroughly towel drying and then use a hair dryer/sunshine......

thats definately right.....each to their own!! both Gurmantar and Mool Mantar should be "pumping" through our body at all times.......even in the shower? i remember staying at Soho Road over the Winter Smagam just gone and in the morning people would sing shabads wen they are having ishnaan!! i know wen u have a cold shower the first word u usually utter is Vaheguru loll........so would that be classed as wrong?

"Menu Ke Patha" made a good point, discussing how it isn't right to do nitnem wen in the shower, because u may not be in full focus on what ur saying and make some mistakes.