Keshi Ishnaan

From what I know, and what I've seen, Singhs usually do keshi ishnaan daily, and then use a keski as a "chunni" to cover their wet kesh, and with a kamarkasa on their waist they do their Nitnem. After Nitnem, the kesh have dried and then they do kangha and tie a keski. Lately I heard another Singh tell me not to "handle" Gurbani, or recite from Gutka if your kesh were open. So that kinda confused me.

Inputs please

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i know, when your hair is drying you leave it loose, with keski tied around your waist then you do your naam simran. during that time your hair dries, then you tie your hair up and tie ur keski, then u recite ur nitnem using ur gutka. if u dont need a gutka and can receite it kant then u dont need to tie ur keski yet.

im not amritdhari yet but for when i am what ive always wondered is is that i thought one of the reasons for having your joora on your dasam duaar is so that your simran is enhanced, but hows that possiible if your hairs open and drying?

I believe there is a rehitnama which mentions that your keski should never be used as a kamarkasa.

yeah but then how wud u keep ur keski while washing ur hair lol.

From what i know, when your hair is drying you leave it loose, with keski tied around your waist then you do your naam simran. during that time your hair dries, then you tie your hair up and tie ur keski, then u recite ur nitnem using ur gutka. if u dont need a gutka and can receite it kant then u dont need to tie ur keski yet.
I am sorry I didn't mention the scenario where one has time only for Nitnem, so then would they do Nitnem with kesh open and drying and just a keski wrapped on their head?
I believe there is a rehitnama which mentions that your keski should never be used as a kamarkasa.
Which is why is best to use a separate keski thats used only as kamarkasa.

Guest Dancing Warrior

im not amritdhari yet but for when i am what ive always wondered is is that i thought one of the reasons for having your joora on your dasam duaar is so that your simran is enhanced, but hows that possiible if your hairs open and drying?

Fascinating please do explain :nihungsmile:

<<<<<<<<<<<<I am sorry I didn't mention the scenario where one has time only for Nitnem, so then would they do Nitnem with kesh open and drying and just a keski wrapped on their head>>>>>>>>>>

yes that is fine, however if you use a gutka, i think ur keski shud be tied properly. and you may have to dry ur hair using a hair dryer.

Guest Dancing Warrior
<<<<<<<<<<<<I am sorry I didn't mention the scenario where one has time only for Nitnem, so then would they do Nitnem with kesh open and drying and just a keski wrapped on their head>>>>>>>>>>

yes that is fine, however if you use a gutka, i think ur keski shud be tied properly. and you may have to dry ur hair using a hair dryer.

Are you allowed to use hairdryers?