Granthi Criticizing 1984 And Talvinder Singh Parmar!

sahib singh

if some one is criticising 1984 or whatever the it is your "kartavya" to counter it. Saying "lets slap him up, " may work inthe short term, but wont in the long term. If you feel strongly about it then confront him, or address the sangat yourself about how you feel.

Remember this isnt bhoot mata where you can be locked up or killed for expressing your opinion, by fanatic hindustanis!! In Canada Everyone is entitled to their own opinion without fear of any threats. So you have every right to say what you want.

Once I was in a room of adults at a party, about 16 of us, and i was 18 years old at the time, and the only non-drinker there, and some of them started talking about how Bhindranwale was responsible for all the Panjab trouble, and how they hated him. I countered every argument they threw, and they couldnt handle it, and then they were gonna get violent on my <admin-profanity filter activated>, ( and i have to admit i was a little scared with me being by myself and there's about 15 odd of them all adults ie over 30.) In the end one of them threatened to glass me, but luckily the host of the gathering moved him away from me. the party ended after that. So if a goat like me can argue with drunken fools, why should you be scared to stand up to a sober granthi?

chatanga

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior

And the moral of the story is children shouldn’t be at grown ups parties. I hope you were all paying attention to cha-cha chatanga jis story. :nihungsmile:

I love that saying “keep up the positive seva” I didn’t know there was a negative one! :nihungsmile: it must be what i do!! i know the people love me!!

Really my Brother, I would have thought that someone as Learned and Knowledgeable as yourself :WW: would have known that their are certain individuals who have been tasked with disrupting the Panth! The type of people who continually post derogative comments on this forum about other Gursikhs as well those who distort Sikhi for their own agenda – Hence Negative Seva.

Guest Dancing Warrior
I love that saying “keep up the positive seva” I didn’t know there was a negative one! :nihungsmile: it must be what i do!! i know the people love me!!

Really my Brother, I would have thought that someone as Learned and Knowledgeable as yourself :WW: would have known that their are certain individuals who have been tasked with disrupting the Panth! The type of people who continually post derogative comments on this forum about other Gursikhs as well those who distort Sikhi for their own agenda – Hence Negative Seva.

Shucks, do you really think I’m Learned and Knowledgeable, that’s the nicest thing anybody has said to me here, I’m all embarrassed now!

just hope it dont get to my head!! ego and all that!!

Guest Dancing Warrior
And the moral of the story is children shouldn’t be at grown ups parties. I hope you were all paying attention to cha-cha chatanga jis story. :nihungsmile:

from goat to child. thank you dw. dhan dhan gursikhs who elevate the goats to humans.

ohmy.gif

Chatanga it was Apes...then man, Apes not goats…. Your beginning to worry me!.. Read Darwin!

Giani Harkirat Singh is with the Khalsa Diwan Society and Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara in Surrey. He's called a "moderate" because he is sided with people who have been excommunicated by the Akal Takht (he is also excommunicated), that is why Vedenti didn't meet with him and his collegues.

What older Sikhs tell me is that he was a Khalistan supporter in the 1980s and early 1990s, openly showing his support in Gurdwaras but he flipped when this "moderates & fundalmentalist" thing started in Surrey. He was on the radio (RED FM 93.1) some while back (May or June) where he made comments against Sant Jarnail Singh (blaming the Sant for Blue Star) which started an on air debate because someone from Damesh Darbar or Sukh Sagar called in over the phone to counter Giani Harkirat's comments. The program got really heated, the host Harjinder Thind (I think) said that all the phone lines were jammed with people trying to get their words in. The debate shifted over to Khalistan where the host asked Giani Harkirat if he supports Khalistan, the Giani said "No", then the host asked have you ever supported Khalistan, the Giani said "No, Never". Then the host mentioned that he had heard statements by the Giani supporting Khalistan in the past. The Giani didn't reply. The progam ended, the host added "the lines are still jammed."

Giani Harkirat Singh, he is entitled to his opinion, nobody will touch him b/c nobody needs to do anything, this guy is just trying to get noticed, trying to get his name out there, I know people who don't support Khalistan, aren't really religous, go to the Gurdwaras were there are tables and chairs but even they didn't agree with this guy about Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh and Bhai Bhai Beant Singh and other issues.

The Sikh community here in Surrey is trying to get along, but there are people on both sides that are keeping this divide open, organizing events on the same day, condeming statements made by the other side, a constant agrument of "they're wrong, we're right." The Sikh community in Surrey as a whole is united but its our leaders who are divided. Like at the Nagar Kirtan in Surrey and Vancouver, alot of the community went to both, there was plenty of Sangat at both, you didn't see Sikhs condemning the picture of Shaheeds at the Surrey Nagar Kirtan but it was the Organizers of the Vancouver Nagar Kirtan who decided to invite people from the Indian Embassy to "openly condemn the display."

We need reform at our Gurdwaras, all of these old leaders have to go, there is politcal game play on both sides, nobody has achieved anything in the last 15 years.

2desi summed it up pretty well.

"Gyani" Harkirat Singh is always trying to make headlines. This man needs to be exposed fully so his little outburts now and then can rightly be counted as meaningless. He does not do prachar of Sikhi or any other duty that you would expect a man with such a title. He makes his living off of being the token "Singh" on the moderate side who can whip up controversy and incite hate against Khalistanis.

btw, he's a tankhayia