Everybody Goes To "heaven"?

2desi

I've been to some funerals in my life time, it usually always been the funeral of an elder family member or relative but in the past couple of years I've been to some for that were for young people.

The thing that was consistent at all the funerals was that someone would give a speech, in the case of an Amritdharee family the person would say that there is no need to cry because the person that passed away is now in a better place, that person's purpose have been complete. This happened at the funerals of my elder family members and relatives.

Until a couple of years ago, I had never been to a funeral of a non-Amritdharee/Mona person. The funeral I went to was for a guy that I used to be neighbors with for like 5 years in the 1990s, he went to high school with my older brother, I still remember us playing hockey and doing stupid stuff. After high school this guy went to college, finished his 2 year diploma, got a job but didn't like the amount of money he was making (I guess). So sometime later he decided to turn to drug dealing, he becomes a prominent dealer and after he got killed (apparently a revenge killing). I went to the funeral with my brothers (his mom is still friends with my mom, they used to work together, both parents are Amritdharee), I saw hundreds of youth there, holding flowers and cards. Then the speeches came (a lot of speeches) and in all of the speeches the people said "your gone to a better place, we'll see you in heaven."

Then the Father (Amritdharee) to the stage, he was mad, he starting giving his own speech, trying to knock some sense into people in attendance. He said "my son did nothing good with his life, we provided him with every opportunity, we tried to guide him the right way, we paid for his school, we allowed him to make his own choices but he fell victim to this lure of fast cash, he wanted to drive BMWs and Mercedes, live a life of luxury, FOR WHAT! So people will think you’re important? What was he trying to prove? You were his friends, what are you trying to prove? He wasted his life, he did nothing good, now you treat him as a hero, ‘we will see you in heaven’ you say, but there is no heaven where he is going (hell)! If you want meet him, just continue on this wrong path!

Then he was taken off the stage by some family members. People (the friends) got mad at the Father but was what he said really wrong? I don’t think so.

I thought to myself, this guy was drug dealer, he sold drugs, he did drugs, he apparently got somebody's brother killed, and why wouldn't this guy go the Narak? Why does everybody here think he is going to "heaven"?

It was true what he was saying and he obviously felt passionate about what had happened, to me he said the right thing instead of trying to cover the truth.

A lot of people live in a fantasy world like they can do what they want and everything is going to be fine and dandy when they die, its sad really. If Guru Ji wants them on the team then he will show them the truth if not then theyll be lost all their lives. Its just how it is i suppose, its all Waheguru's drama as they say.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Poor father... but amazing Gursikh and so worthy of a jakaaraa... reading above what the father said made me want to shout "BOLE SO NIHAAL" at the top of my voice. He is a Guru of the Sikh - not a Guru of a soul who brought about misery, destruction through drugs and crime. He had the guts to speak the truth and say it how it was. If i ever met this father, i would definitely say Fateh and shake his hand. Good going.

Poor father... but amazing Gursikh and so worthy of a jakaaraa... reading above what the father said made me want to shout "BOLE SO NIHAAL" at the top of my voice. He is a Guru of the Sikh - not a Guru of a soul who brought about misery, destruction through drugs and crime. He had the guts to speak the truth and say it how it was. If i ever met this father, i would definitely say Fateh and shake his hand. Good going.

couldnt agree more

ps who was the person who got shot, thats like 12 in surrey this year

has anyone here read Speaker for the Dead by orson scott card? That, and its prequel Ender's Game, are some of the best sci fic works ever...speaker for the dead deals with this subject, as a matter of fact. The idea was telling the person's life not as a story, but as it really was...hard to explain, but if u read a synopsis, u'll see...Great books, though...