Bbc 2 ,9pm 2nite - Partion Victims Tell All

gurbhagat

we all know that hindus can egg us on in a heartbeat. i'm sure anti-muslim propaganda was in full swing in east punjab. and as we all know, the first to fall to propaganda is the strong yet childishly gullible sikh quam.

LoL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know that hindus can egg us on in a heartbeat. i'm sure anti-muslim propaganda was in full swing in east punjab. and as we all know, the first to fall to propaganda is the strong yet childishly gullible sikh quam.

LoL

I'm sure some of the propaganda was based on reality too.

what makes us think that maybe sikhs did not get bounties for killing muslims during partition?

Because no SIkh would waste his money on that, even today. Also this has never been suggested by anyone.

Why don't we all admit it, the old budha who was bragging about slaying muslims is an absolute legend and was hilarious!

I now my post will be branded as a "hippy" post.

Doesn’t Gurbani teaches that a certain set of acts, beliefs, or some affirmations, alone, without inner sincerity, are futile and are the acts of a Manmukh?

I felt somewhat uncomfortable about the old ‘jathedar’s’ comments in the documentary. A million human deaths were experienced during the partition, the cause of which can really only be put down to ignorance. We can guise the intentional slaughtering of humans as ‘t;t for tat’. Actions out of ignorance result in the 'sins' that generate pain, here, as well as hereafter. Maharaj clearly tells us there are consequences of our actions. I don’t think massacres are always a result of "God's wrath". Sri Akal Purakh is loving, forgiving, and Nirvair (free of hostility or revenge). Sri Akal Purakh does not desire to see anyone in pain or in separation. Gurbani says that whenever we seek Sri Akal Pirakh’s kindness, He saves us from experiencing hell.

God resides in everyone. Every action creates an equal and opposite reaction. Some consequences are immediate but not visible and the person may seem to be content at the moment. Other consequences may not be experienced in the present lifetime or in this world at all. They are certain to occur nonetheless.

The old baba was right with what he did, had he not fought back his whole village would have been swept away. It wasn't as if he couldve called the police to come and protect them, the British weren't bothered at all, they just wanted to pull out as fast they could so for his survival he had to take matters into his own hands.

On a lighter note after listening to the Baba's story my dad was like "Ehja Baba Al-qaeda de pischay shudna chaheeda", "This sort of Baba should be put after the Al-qaeda"

I dont think anyone can judge that old man, who knows what horrific ordeals he went through at the hands fo teh muslims?

At the end of the day he was one of the brave men who fought back and probably saved many sikh lives, it is totally worng to call him a retard, i dont recall which one of you did!!

He is a brave man, who defended his family

The BBC, dint even bother showing what sent the sikhs/hindus over the edge!!

THE BBC DIDNT DIDNT BOTHER TO SHOW THE TRAIN FULL OF DEAD BODIES THAT CAME FORM PAKISTAN INTO AMRITSAR WITH THE SLOGAN : "Here is a present from Pakistan"

That was what made Sikhs/hindsu fight back so savagely, as they werent prepared to tkae it any longer

watched it to i thought the "jathedars" comments were very funny, but u cant get away frm the huge atrocities if he didnt do what he did he would have just waited for death, i couldnt believe the story about that singh who killed all the women in his village, very sad!

I think I understand what you're saying. Do you think similar stuff happened in say Banda Singh Bahdhur's time or during the misl period?

i heard from muslims there 'was' and i believe it was used as propaganda by the Muslims reminded them about violences of sikhs in past against them during misil periods

Guest Dancing Warrior

Mr Dhillion Ji, summed it up for me when he said that politicians were to blame and they were the ones who incited the violence, he hit the nail on the head when he said

“what better way to invokes the people by telling them their faith and religions were under attack”

Personally I think nothing much has changed in regards to that statement, you even see the same claptrap going on in here, “Sikhi is under threat” “Sikhi is under threat” funny when upnai lived in jungles and even when Guru Ji himself was machiwala jungle, you didn’t see them stating “Sikhi is under threat” “ Rss is taking over”

BLA BLA BLA Bakwas Bakwas Bakwas rolleyes.gif

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

Sikhs were caught up in the middle of this! They made the most sacrifices for freedom against goray and never wanted this situation. It was forced on them.

Shame on the British for leaving such a mess...but then this is what they are famous for.

Found this on that hardcore baba:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030323/main7.htm

ind6.jpg

SUNDAY ANCHOR

Kalam keen to meet Jallianwala survivor

Varinder Walia and Ashok Sethi

The 107-year-old Bapu Shingara Singh

The 107-year-old Bapu Shingara Singh ©, the sole survivor of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, recalls the gory incident in Amritsar on Saturday. President APJ Abul Kalam will honour Bapu Shingara Singh during his visit to the holy city on Sunday. — Photo Rajiv sharma

Amritsar, March 22

Time has not healed his wounds. The memories about the holocaust of Jallianwala Bagh are still fresh in the mind of the 107-year-old Bapu Shingara Singh, the sole survivor of the massacre. The President, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, wants to meet the old man to have a first-hand information about the massacre of hundreds of innocent Indians at the hands of General Dyer on Baisakhi of 1919 during his first proposed visit here tomorrow.

The old man who had sustained bullet injury on his right arm during the massacre has decided to take up the neglect of the national memorial with the visiting President tomorrow. Talking to TNS, Bapu Shingara Singh said the Jallianwala Bagh had played as catalyst in the freedom struggle. He also had a chance to meet the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.

The NDA government has failed to give any attention to the memorial as Ms Sonia Gandhi, Congress President, was the Chairman of the Jallianwala Bagh National Trust Memorial. Now the Union Cabinet has decided to amend the Jallianwala Bagh Memorial Trust Act to replace Ms Gandhi there by to enable the Prime Minister, the Home Minister, the Cultural Minister and the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha to become permanent members of the trust.

However, Mr R.L. Bhatia, veteran Congress MP and Chairman of the local management committee opposed the move to remove Ms Sonia Gandhi as Chairperson of the trust. Pandit Nehru, the first Prime Minister, had set up the trust under the Parliament Act and its first Chairman was the President of the Indian National Congress along with the Chief Minister and the Governor of Punjab as members. Mr Bhatia said there was no need to change the basic structure of the trust which was formed by Mr Nehru.

Bapu Shingara Singh who visited the Jallianwala Bagh after a long time was shocked to see that the memorial had not come up as per aspirations of the freedom fighters. He said the central and the state governments should give top priority to the memorial so that the coming generations know about the supreme sacrifices made by the freedom fighters.

Struck with a paralytic attack, Bapu Shingara Singh vividly recalled the pre-Partition days. He narrated many incidents of his youth when he killed many rioters. Giving details of the massacre, Bapu said he along with four friends had gone to Jallianwala Bagh to listen to the speeches of freedom fighters on the fateful Baisakhi day. While his three friends died in the indiscriminate firing, he managed to sneak out. He was also a witness to people jumping into the well to save themselves from the firing.

The All-India Anti-Terrorist Front Chief, Mr Maninderjit Singh Bitta, said it was a matter of concern that the Rs 2.50 crore grant released by the then Prime Minister, Mr Narasimha Rao, for the face-lift of the memorial was still unused. He said Mr Rao had given a green signal for making provisions for permanent light-and-sound programme at Jallianwala Bagh. Instead of implementing the decisions taken by the Rao government he (Bitta) was unceremoniously removed as member of the trust by his own party.

The indifferent attitude of officials of the Department of Cultural Affairs of the Central Government notwithstanding, Mr R.L. Bhatia, local Member of Parliament, had allocated some funds from his discretionary funds to set up public conveniences in the Jallianwala complex.