Antivirus Software

ISingh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Ok, my antivirus renewal is coming up, so I just wanted to get all your opinions. I've been using Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus for the past 2-3 years without any problems. However, I think it is a bit slow and does hog the system when in use.

Reading reviews on the net (which all vary), BitDefender 10 is supposed to excellent. Anyone have any experience with it? I also have F-Secure installed on the laptop, which has been solid and also doesn't seem to use a lot of system resources. I haven’t had much success with Norton in the past, so that’s out of the window.

Any thoughts?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Just install an ineffective rootkit. it saves you from all future rootkits and trozans.

There is a feature when new trozans are written they use fixed memory location(offset), or fixed things in Os and produce offsets accordingly.

if a rootkit or trozan is already installed then new rootkits attacking cannot find required offset to install. So there attack in not effective.

Best method to save from trozans/spyware is to install a dummy rootkit. :D

• 4 weeks later...