What Does Hindu Images Portray

ocelot

Sat Sri Akal,

Just one question i want to say that people say that Ram etc are not used for Lord ram and means GoD that do not comes to earth. then using such images at Sikhsangat is not good by a sikh itself. Either he should accept he is Hindu then its all right. But sikhs doing this only gives a doubt in all non sikhs coming to this site.

This just shows Hindu mentality of person. Do you need such sikhs in sikh sangat or above all in sikh community. we areteaching we are not hindus and they are just ruining it.

Sorry to offend if you are Hindu. But i offend you if you are sikh.

Guru Nanak dev jee forbids idol worship it includes Your Ram, Sita and Hanuman.

image.bmp

you're so anti-hindu that you don't even see the flaw in your own argument.

as sikhs, you're saying there's no idol worship.. EVERYONE agrees with you

as sikhs, a portrait of guru nanak is nothing more than paint on paper, and is not to be worshipped and revered. Everyone agrees with you

YET, you make it soundl ike we're worshipping these pictures of kali mata and ram and all that... hahaha in fact, if anything, YOU'RE giving those paintings andp ortraits morepower than they deserve

look at how much attention you're giving them.. if we're not gonna worship paintings of our own Pavitr Mitr Guru Sahibaan, what convinces you that we're starting to worship these paintings of hindu deities?... you've essentially said

"the power of a portrait of a hindu god/goddess is SO powerful that you'll start worshipping it JUST LIKE THAT, without having any choice. you'll start faithfully believing in hindu mythology, hindu mat...just by looking at this picture"....that's what i've gotten from you..

personally, when i look at impressionist or renaissance art, i'm not worshipping the artists, or the subjects in the painting... just Lookin...thats it..

... that's just me

Ignorantly we Sikhs can be accused of being "idol" worshippers too, because the majority of us pay great deal of homage to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, i.e. perform meaningless rituals, pay empty respect, keep Guru Ji’ saroop wrapped and covered in the best of silk rumallas and all. To the uninformed this looks like Sri Guru Granth Ji Maharaj is being treated like an IDOL by Sikhs, but if that’s all we (Sikhs) are willing to do than we as Sikhs are treating Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj's Saroop as nothing more than an idol, just like an idol of Raama or Krishna.

Forget what Hindu images portray and look what our own relationship with our Guru Ji portrays. Are we just bowing to an idol or are we giving up our lifestyle, our Jevaans to our Guru? Are we implementing Shabad into our lifes?

See other point, A christian comes to sikh sangat wants to learn about sikhi, what impression do they have after seeing this. Will he not confuse sikhi amd hinduism.

The point is if a sikh uses painting of hanuman then it is ok and if anyone puts nude women it will be wrong but both are same just an image.

It is much more then image, it portrays your character, in sikhi there is shabad guru not paintings or idols, if you are using it you are only confusing people that sikhs are hindus.

Answer this, if someone takes screenshot and put on any website that this is ideal sikh then what will be the impression of all sikhs to people. This image portrays the mentality of person and this website are viewed by many.

The imaginary Gods of Hindus never existed and has no place in sikhi. Just see your fundamentals.

Without questioning the reason for my avator, you have started to make assumptions. I thought Sikhs based their lives on truth and not heresay.

What has this to do with hanuman?

Do hindus use image of prophet Mohammad or Muslims use hanuman?

The truth is a sikh should not use such image. Is hanuman present in dasam Granth? Just for curiosity.

See other point, A christian comes to sikh sangat wants to learn about sikhi, what impression do they have after seeing this. Will he not confuse sikhi amd hinduism.

The point is if a sikh uses painting of hanuman then it is ok and if anyone puts nude women it will be wrong but both are same just an image.

It is much more then image, it portrays your character, in sikhi there is shabad guru not paintings or idols, if you are using it you are only confusing people that sikhs are hindus.

Answer this, if someone takes screenshot and put on any website that this is ideal sikh then what will be the impression of all sikhs to people. This image portrays the mentality of person and this website are viewed by many.

The imaginary Gods of Hindus never existed and has no place in sikhi. Just see your fundamentals.

again your bias is being shown, comparing a picture of Hanuman to a picture of a nude woman. In sikhi, even pictures of guru sahib are looked down upon. How come you didn't compare a portrait of Guru Nanak Dev Ji to a portrait of a nude woman? How come there's a double standard?

In reality, it should confuse the christian if they saw a picture of Guru Nanak Dev Ji too, because they shouldn't have the feeling that we worship pictures of Guru Nanak. Yet no one thinks twice when a picture of any one of our Guru Sahibs is put up, yet we cry and debate and go blue in the face... when a picture of a Hindu deity is put up.

PICTURES MEAN NOTHING! YES consideration should be made for those who are outside of Sikhi who may come across this site, but our whole lives should not depend on what other people may think... this is how we have already succeeded in injuring and killing our community "Loki Ki Kehngay?".. that oneline has destroyed families and communities, everyone worried about what the next person will think

Ultimately, if you feel insecure about even looking at a picture of a Hindu goddess/god/deity, then don't look at it.. if you really feel it's damaging your kamayee just by looking at one, then by all means ignore it.

i just think you're way off if you're assuming that by simply having a picture up, it means we believe and follow that god/goddess/deity.

So you mean to say that it is ok to use hanuman but not to use nude women?

Just read Hinduism you will get giyan.

There is no place of any portraits even of Guru nanak as sikhs only have Shabad Guru. I hate people preying to portraits of Guru nanak dev jee, You are simply direspecting them by going on path that he tried to save you.

sab sikhan ko hukam hai Guru maneyo Granth.

Just have some shame atleast not use hanuman, then there will be thread "how To convert from sikhism to Hinduis"