Im Annoyed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I hate. Personally i think the hair should be the last thing to do after learning all the necessary info. Otherwise you have all the trim SInghs and others who look Sikh but don't know jack about it.

What is dangerous is that often because of the difference in look - others will ask them questions etc. and when they are incapable of giving a decent answer it just makes Sikhs look dumb. This happens so often.

why is there so much emphasis on the guys...what abt the girls?

You need to sort that out between yourselves. I don't think it is good for guys to do it as many girls rebel and run off or something! LOL

boys run 2.

Really?

Have you heard of any cases?

But on a serious note - I think its all comes down to Sangath for whether its boys or girls; everyone can see if you spend more time with MAJOR Chadhee Kala Singhs or Singhnee'ya you tend to want to do exactly what they do - keep your Kes, learn Gurbanee, Gatka etc. Same goes for people that spend time with "friends" that go clubbing etc you spend time amongst people with less knowledge about Sikhism etc then you do WHATEVER you can to fit in with them - everyone can see the difference between Gursikh Sangath and non- Gursikh Sangath - REAL Gursikh Sangath will never say 'you wearin that now are you?' or 'You wore that gear last week' u know the usual - Non-Gursikh Sangath do just that - and becuase they use so much crap to make u change - and becuase what they say sounds so real - you change to the way they want.

I've learnt from my own experience that it SEEMS harder to change to be on Guru's path becuase you still got that thing in the back sayin - what will people say or whatever - but at the end of it all - it falls on 'do you care what people say?' - we say it so easy depends if we REALLY don't

mind the preach excl.gif

^^^Yep a few guys do run off sadly.

Also we need to teach the youngers about Sikhi so this doesnt happen in the next generation.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Another thing we have to accept is that no matter what we do, some people just will not be interested in religion to any depth.

You need to sort that out between yourselves. I don't think it is good for guys to do it as many girls rebel and run off or something! LOL

boys run 2.

Really?

Acctually I have; couple years back - u wanna know the story?

p.s. a Santh I know said the following:

guys dont run is cause they are the "prize" of the family and usually can get away with what a girl can't

boys run 2.

Really?

guys dont run is cause they are the "prize" of the family and usually can get away with what a girl can't

I understand, its just that girls at a young age will usually run off for something that is stupid.

boys run 2.

Really?

I understand, its just that girls at a young age will usually run off for something that is stupid.

I agree with you but you gotta admit boys are treated better when it comes to some stuff.

p.s. whether they boys or girls that run away i think its stoopid and i don't see what realistic reason they could have - attention seekers lol

boys run 2.

Really?

I agree with you but you gotta admit boys are treated better when it comes to some stuff.

p.s. whether they boys or girls that run away i think its stoopid and i don't see what realistic reason they could have - attention seekers lol

I can understand that many teenagers go through this thing where they feel they are not being treated with respect or their views are completely ignored and hence want to run away. I think because women can be more emotional than guys sometimes they can take such things much more intensely than guys and react more dramatically, whereas a guy will get peed off but shrug it off. Sometimes girls get too excited and get some seriously dumb advice from other female friends who console and amplify negative feelings leading to serious feeling of resentment. Next thing you know they have run of with Abdul from college.

Inflexible parents and family have a lot to learn and are responsible for a large part in this.