Windsor Castle

singhni

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Goodness. This is so bummish. What happened? Did you try to explain to them the usual I'm a Sikh/the law lets us wear a kirpan etc? It's always a good idea to carry that piece of legislation with you.

Contact everyone you can - Sikh Fed etc and as someone said in response to your Wimbledon incident:

One should also make a claim through the Ombudsman, which is a non-government body that tackles disputes against big companies for individuals. It is also FREE. But they are likely to advise you first to follow this ‘letter’ process first to seek their reply/response to the situation, if it can be solved at an early stage.

We need to make a stand.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

i wasnt allowed into Windsor Castle becuase of my kirpan

:shock:

In this climate, this is not surprising. You are not allowed into an aeroplane with a Kirpan. Where there is a security risk, they do and should, take no chances. If they were lenient, hwo long before an Islamic extremist disgusied themself as a Sikh and did their worst? I mean, to most (ignorant) folk, a Sikh is still seen as akin to Osam Bin Laden!!

Guest baba amarjeet singh
i did manage to get into wimbledon in the end.

hanji maybe home is the best place for me bag.gif

oh yeah, i meant u seem to get a lot of hassle with these situations

yeah like my drunken dad always used to say in a strong punjabi accent

"east or vest home is the best"

lol thanks i'll keep that in mind.

yes i do wear my kirpan on the inside. its only during searches that it is found. at windsor castle they were about to search me and i thought id prewarn them, and thats when they said i couldnt go any further. They said that we have a special place to put them.i said no thanks.

Would someone be able to maybe draft a letter or something, my english isnt that great when it comes to formal letters, and the like. I'm sure that other amrithdaris may want to visit windsor castle in the future.

I wasnt sure whether the laws-criminal justice act means that i should be allowed anywhere?? Anyone know?