Patka & Dastaar

Akaali

WJKK WJKFateh!

Here in toronto, I'm beginning to see this new "trend", I saw this guy, had a gole dastaar, then had a long patka tied around it, is it ok to do that? Cuz, I'm seeing this on a couple of people with dastaars.

Just wanted to know why they do it (if anyone knows), and if you think its ok to do it.

WJKK WJKFateh!

WJKK WJKFateh!

Here in toronto, I'm beginning to see this new "trend", I saw this guy, had a gole dastaar, then had a long patka tied around it, is it ok to do that? Cuz, I'm seeing this on a couple of people with dastaars.

Just wanted to know why they do it (if anyone knows), and if you think its ok to do it.

WJKK WJKFateh!

Here in Uk , in my town i am seeing similar trend. Two of my pugh wearing friends now sorta do the jura like a pony tail and tie patka.

sorta like this guy

gubi-big.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fatehh!

HAHA, i seen that a lot but actually i do it myself too! BUT... im wearing a distaar and i wear a patka type size cloth to cover the turban ONLY for work rolleyes.gif

PPL look at me and ask why i do dis ... but simply i got a good reason cuz i dont want my dastaar to get dusty, dirtry, etc...

But i think also this does give out a wrong impression, but dis is simply my reason why i do it. When i go anywhere else i wear my lovely turban B)

Good post khalsa bro blush.gif

bul chuk maph jio

WJKK WJKFateh!

WJKK WJKFateh!

Here in Uk , in my town i am seeing similar trend. Two of my pugh wearing friends now sorta do the jura like a pony tail and tie patka.

sorta like this guy

gubi-big.gif

HAHA i can't see the person head.. it's like nothing up there lol.. Black patka/bandana with black background.. certainly not a good choice ...

No offense

LOL same here, can't see what's on his head :)

But I noticed that if you tie your goll dastaar and tie a patka, you can make it tighter this way. At gatka, singhs usually do that, cuz we do hand to hand combat, and the pugg comes off very easily, but with a patka, it stays on for a while. My two cents!

I think its wrong to go out like that in public tho! (n)

Guest balwinderkaur
WJKK WJKFateh!

WJKK WJKFateh!

sorta like this guy

gubi-big.gif

HAHA i can't see the person head.. it's like nothing up there lol.. Black patka/bandana with black background.. certainly not a good choice ...

No offense

looks funny to me...sorry tongue.gif no offense intended. :)

btw have yall seen singhs who are old enough to be tying a dastaar but they still wear a patka???? i dont wanna be mean here but it does look weird and funny....when i see such a singh on the street,even i feel like bursting out laughing looking at something round popping outta his head.....no wonder why non sikhs like to make fun of such grown up singhs then. hmmmm juz my two cents...no offense folks.!!! sorry if i ruffled any feathers around here. :@

WJKK WJKFateh!

WJKK WJKFateh!

sorta like this guy

gubi-big.gif

No offense

looks funny to me...sorry tongue.gif no offense intended. :@

btw have yall seen singhs who are old enough to be tying a dastaar but they still wear a patka???? i dont wanna be mean here but it does look weird and funny....when i see such a singh on the street,even i feel like bursting out laughing looking at something round popping outta his head.....no wonder why non sikhs like to make fun of such grown up singhs then. hmmmm juz my two cents...no offense folks.!!! sorry if i ruffled any feathers around here. :D

Waheguru jio!

LOL ... u will c plenty of those singhs in india... tongue.gif

Again no offence.... :)

bul chuk maph!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fatehh!

HAHA, i seen that a lot but actually i do it myself too! BUT... im wearing a distaar and i wear a patka type size cloth to cover the turban ONLY for work rolleyes.gif

PPL look at me and ask why i do dis ... but simply i got a good reason cuz i dont want my dastaar to get dusty, dirtry, etc...

But i think also this does give out a wrong impression, but dis is simply my reason why i do it. When i go anywhere else i wear my lovely turban B)

Good post khalsa bro blush.gif

bul chuk maph jio

Singh Jee wat kind of work do u do that ur dastar gets so dirty? I mean doesn't ur body sweat? I m assuming u have to wash ur dastar one way or another...right?

yeah i agree grown up singhs wearing patkas are just not right looking, a dastar should be worn after a certain age. i do not want to bring caste into this but a common saying and stereotype among "jatt" sikhs is that "bhapas" or city sikhs in india or from india always wear patkas even at age 30 and above. Just something that is out there, i do not want people to go psycho on me about it.