Amrit

Guest Jus wondering :S

just read the posts above, any person entering sikhi will get really confused/discouraged and would probably drop the idea of getting amrit shak.

instead of giving them pyaar(love) and encouraging them, we put forth our own "Jatha" views and confuse the person rather than helping them

thats all we are good for now, causing controversies, we never even try to help and show love to another :ysad:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

It is NOT mandatory, because according to the panthic rehat maryadha approved by Akal Thakt, it is NOT required. That said, you may want to, and your panj pyarai may or may not mention it (so you should talk to them first to see what they say).

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

it IS mandatory

the panthic marayda has unfortunately changed from what it used to be

akaal takhat also say that 3 baniaa can be done for nitnem, but all 5 baniaa are compulsory

wearing of dastaar/keski is compulsory for all amritdhari sikhs

Dudeeee calm down with the stubbornness :lol: when was it ever a kakar before Akhand Keertani Jatha came up with it..?

Anywho it doesn't matter - Keski is good for respecting your Kesh.. So it's recommended.

You should cover your head when Japping Naam..

and Since you should be japping Naam 24/7..

..then covering your head 24/7 makes sense!

http://www.panthic.org/news/132/ARTICLE/1854/2005-10-09.html

Dudeeee calm down with the stubbornness when was it ever a kakar before Akhand Keertani Jatha came up with it..?

it's been a kakaar since 1699 :nihungsmile:

lol...sorry had to make an immature comment

but umm your comment is pretty ignorant, sorry

I don't really wanna get into if it's a kakaar or not, but the fact is that you'll be hardpressed to find a puratan document which states Kes to be a Kakaar, most if not all puratan documents state Keski to be Kakaar. Don't wanna turn this into a Kes/Keski issue just wanted to point out that Keski as a Kakaar has been around LONG beofre the Akhnd Keertanee JAthaa....

there's no doubt bout it that a Kaur looks best and most 'royal' in a Dastaar/Keski... its most practical for us sikhs... (as sikhs, everything we do is and must be practical)...

our Guru Gobind Singh Jee eliminated the caste and class system... back in those days only raja's (kings) wore dastaars, as a symbol of status.. Guru Sahib abolished that... and declared all are sons and daughters of Satguru Jee... we say our Guru Sahib is "Shahe Shahan Shah" - the king of kings... we are his sons and daughters.. princes and princesses... we are royalty... as the old saying goes "no crown, no king; no turban, no singh"

dastaar/keski is a sign of our identity... its practical as it keeps the kesh neat and tidy while tied up (limiting the amount of dust and other nonsense that gets into it)... it protects ur kesh from any harm (for example sumone coming up and cutting your hair - and nobody can say that doesn't happen because its happened to a family member of mine)..

and also.. dastaar is good for our body.. i.e. the skull... the dastaar/keski works as a cranial adjustor which is good for our skull..

there's a reason why our Guru Sahibs did everything, and we should also follow suit..

overall.. dastaar is practical and looks amazing..! ask any bhen, the day they put on a dastaar it was the most amazing feeling...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

khalistan_zindabad - just a correction - previous to the DDT website claiming it to be so, the quote in your signature has always been ascribed to Bhai Nand Lal and never to Sri Dasam Granth. Even this is peculiar, considering that it does not appear in any of Bhai Nand Lal's Persian works, or even Tanakhah-nama or similar manuscripts.