People Who Kill Cow Killers Are Martyrs.

Memorial for Namdhari martyrs

Vimal Sumbly

Tribune News Service

Bhaini Sahib (Ludhiana), September 15

Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today announced that the Punjab government would raise memorials in the memory of five Namdhari martyrs of Amritstar in their native villages on the pattern of Kuka martyrs of Malerkotla.

Badal was addressing a shaheedi conference organised to commemorate the martyrdom anniversary of five Namdhari martyrs, Sant Hakam Singh Patwari, Sant Fateh Singh, Sant Lehna Singh, Sant Jhanda Singh and Sant Beehla Singh, who sacrificed their lives to protect the sanctity of Sri Harmander Sahib by launching an aggressive movement against cow slaughter in 1871, here today.

While paying tributes to the martyrs in the presence Satguru Jagjit Singh, Badal said these martyrs sacrificed their lives by presenting themselves before the court admitting that they had killed those who had slaughtered the cows.

He elaborated that year-long programmes had also been chalked out for the centenary celebrations at various places in the state.

Rajinder Bhandari president, BJP, Punjab, was also present on the occasion.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070916/punjab1.htm#10

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this about namdharis www.cowliberation.blogspot.com and a video http://youtube.com/watch?v=nLxqOla-y2M

As for the memorials ,when Khalistan is created I will be the 1st with a sledge hammer smashing them down,along with any other memorials to anti Panthic forces.

The other videos posted by that user are disgraceful to the sacrifice of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji. Whoever posted those videos is a part of the reason why Sikhs and Khalistanis are always misrepresented as Hindu Haters. Admins on this forum need to start do some serious moderation and create boundaries of what is and isn't considered hate speech. The volume of anti-Hindu and anti-Muslim posts are steadily increasing and becoming more vicious.

This post in particular isn't bad its informing given that it demonstrates Badals activities, however I just feel that there should be some sort of clear cut stance on where the boundaries are.

The videos are very informative ,although controversial,the one regrading the Vedas & Hindu gods is true,so its not about hate,is mere facts.Sikhsangat mods can only act if someone says something 'racist', or something like that otherwise they can't according to the rules.Besides they are not responsible for the content on other sites.How is it an insult to Guru Tegh Bahadhur?

The mods have said like a million times now that don't quote the posts jus above your post. It gets annoying when one has to scroll for ages just to read a single line. You guys keep quoting your own posts too. There is no need to quote when you are replying to the post above you. Also, you can start with the member's name/id to whom you intend to reply.

Hope you guys understand.

I found this about namdharis www.cowliberation.blogspot.com and a video http://youtube.com/watch?v=nLxqOla-y2M

As for the memorials ,when Khalistan is created I will be the 1st with a sledge hammer smashing them down,along with any other memorials to anti Panthic forces.

The other videos posted by that user are disgraceful to the sacrifice of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji. Whoever posted those videos is a part of the reason why Sikhs and Khalistanis are always misrepresented as Hindu Haters. Admins on this forum need to start do some serious moderation and create boundaries of what is and isn't considered hate speech. The volume of anti-Hindu and anti-Muslim posts are steadily increasing and becoming more vicious.

This post in particular isn't bad its informing given that it demonstrates Badals activities, however I just feel that there should be some sort of clear cut stance on where the boundaries are.

The videos are very informative ,although controversial,the one regrading the Vedas & Hindu gods is true,so its not about hate,is mere facts.Sikhsangat mods can only act if someone says something 'racist', or something like that otherwise they can't according to the rules.Besides they are not responsible for the content on other sites.How is it an insult to Guru Tegh Bahadhur?

Like I stated in my post this thread is okay because it is informative. The videos posted by that user slander Hindu beliefs and their Gods, which I find disgusting. Sikhs should be more respectful of other faiths, although we may not share their beliefs they have the right to freedom of religion and we should abstain from mocking or degrading any of their practices. The notion and concept of freedom of religion was something Guru Tegh Bahadur gave his life for. However, when we cross the boundaries of respect for other faiths by mocking their beliefs and Gods, that is insulting to what the Guru gave his physical being for.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if that user was an agent trying to cause tension between Hindus and Sikhs, considering that most of the vids on there will do nothing more than breed hatred.

This is exactly what I said to Mister Sarpanch here and he did not like the truth slapped in his face. This guy and his so called friends are a danger to Khalistan. He pretends he doesn't know about that site but he very well knows about that site as he and his friend (Rammu) are the ones that run it and upload those videos on youtube. What I find even more interesting is his paranoia regarding anyone who questions him and his soft spot he has for anything Islamic, as he has quite close connections to Muslims who he works with.

People here can say what they want but these are not true Sikhs it all. These new generation of Sikhs are are blatantly getting worse and worse and there needs to be something done about it. These types of people embarass me. They spend all day making videos and slandering other peoples beliefs.

Sikhism isn't about and never was about putting down any religion. Many of the Gurus companions were Hindu and Muslim. They would be disgusted to see this.

This clever little cat is using words to manipulate people. You're saying those videos are not hate or meant to slander anyone? They may be true to you but not to someone else and plus anyone can make a religion out to be bad. I have seen poeple try and make Sikhi out to be bad to convert. If someone ridiculed Sikhism and said it's only mere facts and not racist it would be ok? I find it funny how you are actually trying to say those videos are just facts but not racist or hate. Clever kid.

woah21 please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee read what i wrote :lol:

The mods have said like a million times now that don't quote the posts jus above your post. It gets annoying when one has to scroll for ages just to read a single line. You guys keep quoting your own posts too. There is no need to quote when you are replying to the post above you. Also, you can start with the member's name/id to whom you intend to reply.

woah21 please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee read what i wrote :lol:

I know i'm sorry. I had already posted by the time I read your post. Won't do it next time.