y took arms

:T: i was just wondering....that if all the first 5 gurus were symbol of peace.especially guru arjan dev ji ^_^ ............ who after repeated pressure to destroy enemies by using powers still declined.....he never used force...he said to accept.........then y did guru hargobind ji ^_^ took arms..........

isnt it contradicting.......

please clarify me.....i didnt get any good explanation in any site

:ww::

bhul chook maaf!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Well i have read that, Guru Arjan Dev Ji had said to Guru Hargobind ji to build up an army, and the quote that Guru Gobind Singh Ji said "When all means have failed, it is rightoues to raise the sword"..... If they had taken the peaceful way, we would have been still oppressed today...we had to take arms.

forgive me if i said something wrong

hope this helps

Its sometimes a misconception to believe that the first 5 Guru's were any different to the next 5. Firstly we all need to accept that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Guru Arjan Dev Ji and in turn Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji also, just in different physical forms.

We also need to remember that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was just as much a man of action as Guru Gobind Singh Ji was. Only difference being the type of weapon used. Most of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Battles took place using Shabads. It was Guru Nanak Dev Ji who gave us the shabad Je toh prem kelan a chao... which was later put in its literal meaning by a disciple (Baba Deep Singh Ji) of the Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

It was also Guru Nanak Dev Ji who told Babbar to his face what he thought of him and his role as ruler.

If Pyareh Guru Ji hadnt sat on that thavi then what would we have learnt? When the saints of vaheguru are attacked, then the saints are forced to raise weapons to defend themselves and protect humanity.

Just as Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji could have within the smallest nanosecond destroyed the mughals and saved the hindu janeoh without giving his life he didnt. its to show the world that truth will stand shining no matter what the consequences. We are silly foolish creatures, and its only when our Guru Suffers that we truely appreciate what he does for us. When Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji gave saheedi, there were many sikhs in the crowd yet how many acted or spoke to defend the guru? It is for us that the guru has to keep sacrificing himself, eg in 1984 Guru Granth Sahib Ji had to give shaheedi over and over again just to snap us out of our slumber.. and again and again today also.

If war is declared on saints then how can

the beloved warriors of God sit and do nothing to protect the saints?

To kill a tyrant is to bring peace for the population who suffers at his hands. There are many ways of brining peace, Sukhmani sahib is just one of these. There would be no peace anywhere if the rightous never stood up with weapons in their hands to enter death and destruction with the aims of peace.

Ulitimately, Guru Ji does as his marji! Many sikhs at the time of Guru Ji also questioned his wearing of 2 kirpaana, but if Guru Ji was before us today would we ever question him? our eyes wouldnt come beyond his feet!

grin.gif thats if we were fortunate to have eyes that could look upon his feet!

i was told sumthing around 5 years back, and am gonna recall it n say it here.

Without a great sacrifice, raising arms is pointless. The 6th Guru took up arms after the 5th Guru sacrificed His life, and the 10th Guru raised the sword after the 9th Guru attained martyrdom. Nothing makes sense without having given a big sacrifice.

Sat Sri Akal:

First concept of resistance is the ideal. The fundamental thoughts and philosophy must be laid down. Then, arms can be picked up if necessary. Guru Sahiban spent 5 reigns teaching this ideal to the Sikhs. When they finally deemed the Sikhs ready to take arms, the order was given.

Not to say that resistance against oppression was never on the minds of the first five Gurus. Guru Nanak Sahib specifically went and debated/chastized oppressive leaders. From Malik Bhago, who made money off of others blood, to Baabar himself, who killed innocent people with no reason, Guru Nanak Sahib spared none he met who were unjust. So that concept was not new to Sikhs.

Also Guru Gobind Singh knew that ppl like aurangzeb are gonna keep coming back to earth, and so He blessed the Khalsa forever with the warrior spirit.

WAH WAH GOBIND SINGH AAPPE GUR CHELA ^_^