y took arms

Nice posts :@

Whats a barcha :T: :)

Also ..from What I know..Guru Nanak dev JI used HUMILIT Y and SHABAD as his weapon..

as Rochak BHaji Said..

Guru ARjan dev ji used HUMILITY..It didn't work on the 'JALAM'-.....right?..

then GUru Tegh Bahadhur SAhib used Humility..didn't work

'THATS WHY GURU GOBIND SINGH Ji Picked up the Kirpan!

If Humility or nothign else works..then the Kirpan si the last step

When all other means fail, it is righteos to unsheath the Sword'

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

good responses.

All the guru's are the same light just different physical forms. Guru Nanak dev ji had a human body but guru granth sahib ji does not but the jot is there.

IN any case Guru Nanak devji first had to build up the morale of the people. Indian people were so opressed and were trapped in a cage of their own minds and worst still they couldn't recognize the bars holding them in so guru Nanak sahib raised their morale.

While doing so his physical body got old so in form of Guru Angad dev ji guru Nanak dev ji continued his work and as people began to want spiritual freedom they also understood the need for temporal freedom and thus guru's showed them how. Through sacrifice and righteous battles.

We are lucky we have the guru granth sahib jee to always guide us...eternally.

Guru ARjan dev ji used HUMILITY..It didn't work on the 'JALAM'-.....right?..

then GUru Tegh Bahadhur SAhib used Humility..didn't work

'THATS WHY GURU GOBIND SINGH Ji Picked up the Kirpan!

If Humility or nothign else works..then the Kirpan si the last step

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I'd like to perhaps clarify something that I feel may have been mis-spoken. Guru Sahib's methods and actions did not in any sense "not work." The idea behind Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi was that he was willing to accept the Guru's Hukam. Guru Sahib did not try a to persuade the emperor into not killing him by using Humility. Same goes for Guru Tegh Bahadhur. Guru Tegh Bahadhur himself was an extremely talented swordsman. And as mentioned before, Guru Nanak even had shastars. The idea is that the Guru Sahibs accepted what was the Hukam. They're actions were not results of failure to stay alive. They were actions to give Sikhs Josh, Beer Ras, Pyaar, and ultimately to remind themselves to help those who are oppressed, in whichever way possible.

The question as to why Sikhs took arms, I think, has already been answered by this Sangath. Sikhi could not prevail if Sikhs all Sikhs were killed. If we didn't take on arms, how would we do Simran and recite Gurbani? If Guru Sahib didn't ble

ss us with our soldier quality, how would have our Sikhi been existent today? I don't think Hinduism would have remained if it wasn't for Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. I think the point is that, there are oppressors who will only be stopped by death. The reason for Sikhs to take arms was to defend the peace of Sikhs, and the rest of the world, "Sarbath dha Bhala." You can't be a Sikh without being both a Saint, and a Soldier. Neither comes before the other. A soldier that is a saint wouldn't kill for the wrong reason, only to defend another. A saint without being a soldier couldn't defend another person, so how could they be called a Sikh? I hope I didn't offend anyone. Bhul Chuk maaf karna.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh