[desktop Screenshot(s)]

SATORi

haha try it, any food my way doesnt last
hmm... so my plan on disguising as a vegetable won't work -- too bad. I will stick with Sunny's DHL :)

singh im trying to install a theme i downloaded of this website ..

http://www.litestep.net/index.php?section=...ils&id=1295

the folder doesnt hav a setup file in it so how do i install

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First extract the file of the theme. You get a folder with all the theme's content inside it; take note of a file with the .lsz file extention. Paste the folder into:

C:\LiteStep\themes

If you have NetLoadModule, it will install it by default upon double-clicking it. Make sure you are in the LiteStep shell and not the Windows shell.

If you do not have NetLoadModule, right-click on the desktop and goto the LiteStep sub folder. You can click on install theme and locate the .lsz file. Everything should work well after that.

Note some themes may require dependencies, they will notify you if you require them and then download them. If they are modules, paste them into the:

C:\LiteStep\modules

That should do it if you get some trouble, else it should run smooth!

Sorry, I should have downloaded the file before replying tongue.gif

Well the theme file which you want to Install is directly a .zip file. It does not contain the .lsz file. No worries. You would install the theme the same way as before, but this time instead of selecting the .lsz file, you would directly select the .zip file in which all the theme's options/settings/etc are there.

Give that a try.

Edit: I Installed the theme as described as above. It was somewhat successful but then my desktop stopped responding. I restarted the computer via Task Manager. After rebooting and logging into the machine again, NetLoadModule(NLM) automatically asked me if I wanted to install the dependencies with the theme, which it did automatically and resulted in a working theme.

However, I am having a few problems with the skins active and inactive bars as well as closing windows etc. But I think that's on my side. I have been playing too much with LiteStep due to me making a guide for this setup.