Castrate Dogs Right Or Wrong?

Guest right or wrong?

do any of you guys keep dogs? and if so is it ok to have them castrated? please help I'm really confused!

How would you like having your knackers chopped off?

Guest _sherlsurj_

hey there i have a dog too. a black german shepherd. hes only 10 months but the time to ponder over this is coming up soon. i really dont know myself. if you do it it does seem horrible and unnatural. but on the other hand he would go mental with his hormones and i dont think i want to breed him (one naughty dog is enough).

its a really hard decision. my vets adviced me not do get it done as its unnatural but we shall see.

if the vet had said its not a good idea, then dont go ahead with it.

i think its best to ask your vet for advice, ask how it will affect your dog, will the dog be in alot of pain etc, then make ur decision from there.

Castration is a good thing for a dog as it helps prevent certain types of cancer in dogs, it alters there mood so that the hormones don't take over and it also stops them from marking (which can be very messy). But you are supposed to do it when your dog is very young (i think less then 6 months) if you want it to have the benifit from the surgery.

I have a small dog and he was castrated around 5 months old and although he was really down the day it was done (he looks so sad and could barely move) the next day he was fine and back to his old ways. My dog has a great deal of energy and his hormones do effect him so I can only imagine how much more crazy he would have been if we had not done the surgery.

Spaying your neutring is your responsiblity when you decide to get a pet.

There is an excess of animals out there, and many need to be put down, because pet owners do not take the responsiblity to have spaying or neutrying their pet.

I got my girl fixed at age 3months, and now she's 13 and happy as a daisy.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I'd beg to say that there are an excess of HUMANS out here... currently we have reached a point where we cannot sustainably maintain our population. Not saying whether this applies to dogs or not, but if we don't apply it to ourselves, why limit their reproductive ability?

Food for thought :lol:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Veerji that arguement is weak.

Humans can think, animals can't. Humans know the consiquence and animals don't (of sex that is ).

Animals are our duty, humans are to each his own.

What i'm trying to say is, a dog does not know what will happen if it mounts a <admin-profanity filter activated>, the <admin-profanity filter activated> does'nt know what will happen if its mounted. But this is not true for humans. It is the responsibility of pet owners to make sure their animal is spayed or neutared so that there is less death of the voiceless.