Creation

missraagni

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

sorry i didn't read any of the replies

but the big bang theory isn't correct

only Vaheguru Ji knows how everything was created because Vaheguru Ji created it

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Bro, maybe you should read the posts... might get you to understand that science and religion are two sides to the same coin. Cause otherwise you'd be saying the SGGS is wrong! Sikhi tells us what happened... science tells us HOW.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Bro, maybe you should read the posts... might get you to understand that science and religion are two sides to the same coin. Cause otherwise you'd be saying the SGGS is wrong! Sikhi tells us what happened... science tells us HOW.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

This is actually partly incorrect (IMHO). Science tells us everything (how and when and what) eventually, but religion (or faith, in the absence of proof or rationale) tells us why. Science can never tell us why the fundamental laws exist and why there is an imputous towards life and living and procreation. For that, we either have to accept it is so, as in Taoism ("things just are"), or we have to look at religion, i.e. as mentioned in the posts above about the Lord meditating and creating the universe because it was simply his will.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee kee Fateh!

Hey :lol:

As far as i know the creation story for sikhi is that Maharaj was meditating before the beginning of time and then in an instant he created the world - in the form of the big bang. He added maya to the world and allowed evolution of humankind over the years and we are where we are today. I also do not believe in the story of genesis however, God gave christians that story to believe in and we have ours :T:

Hope this helps,

Khalsa 123 :)

This sounds a little far-fetched and abstract. It's simply putting "God" in the place where we "lack knowledge." Just because we do not know an answer, does not mean God created it.

And if God created evolution and millions of years later humans were born, we have no need to meditiate/think/pray/connect with God.

I feel like Sikhi really doesn't try to answer this question. GGS is a book of life, not a history book.

What a coincidence that I was just watching Sant Gyani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen's Katha a minuite ago, anyways, the point was that Dhan Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj say's all form comes from that of no form, all knowlege comes from that where there is no knowledge or infinatly beyond knowledge. No matter how much knowledge and science we research into and try to back what we see around us with...there will never be an end to it...simply because what every form or knowledge comes from itself is way beyond form and knowlege...

What I find intriguing is that of all the major religions, Sikhism doesn't attempt to combat science. Maybe it is beyond science, or maybe our founders realised that science evolves (pardon the pun) and they did not want to conflict with future findings. So either our founders were very forward-thinking, or our religion is beyond science. Or both. Either way, it's good and satisfying.

Exactly, Not trying to insult any religions but the world was created in seven days doessn't make any sense. i think on the third day God made vegetation, then on the fourth day God made the Sun. This is scientifically wrong because plants can't photosynthesise without light. Unless it was some kind of heavenly light or something. Sikhi doesn't contradict science and science doesn't contradict Sikhi.

Also if you believe in the cosmological argument i.e. nothing can happen without a cause, then the Big Bang can be applied to Sikhi. Something made it go Bang, that 'something' could have been God'

Please correct me if I am wrong!