Another One Starts

sikh_youth_uk

On sky digitial another islamic channel is due to start Noor T.V ch 822.

The channel will have recition explantion questions and answers, and talks which will educate muslim children.

This thread is not to ag go at them but i am bringing to attention Sikh media or the lack of it.

What on earth have we got consitant balle balle and santa banta.

all of the uk gurdwaras should work together to make a sikhi channel. It would benefit the panth and youth so much. and also help make other faiths aware of our religion.

muslims are getting involved in everything, and are doing a good job in spreading there religion and religious rights/practises. i think muslim workers at sainsburys no longer have to serve alcohol. all places are serving halal nowadays. there seems to be an ever increasing amount of islam programmes and documentaries on tv.

What do you expect. How many Muslims are there in the world.

Sikhs need to grow in numbers considerably and get better educated to get taken seriously in this world. Besides we all have a habit of burning our energy arguing amongst ourselves.

all of the uk gurdwaras should work together to make a sikhi channel. It would benefit the panth and youth so much. and also help make other faiths aware of our religion.

muslims are getting involved in everything, and are doing a good job in spreading there religion and religious rights/practises. i think muslim workers at sainsburys no longer have to serve alcohol. all places are serving halal nowadays. there seems to be an ever increasing amount of islam programmes and documentaries on tv.

Thats islamisation of Britian, thats another thread.

Back to media they have 5 channels very well run and funded from what i can see, and let it beknown all these are free.

I have sceen Sukhmani Sahib from Darbar Sahib, but noones learning anything. We need something.

well Joginder Singh Vedenthee has already been requested to do something along the lines of Media - so we'll see how and IF he'll deal with it!

I bet it will be so crusty and distant from your average Punjabi youth it will make hardly any difference. We need creativity and innovation not crusty old narrow minded corrupt <admin-cut> making token gestures.

Mod note: dont use that sort of language on a forum used by children to learn about sikhi. act your age, mind your language or don't bother posting in future. you've been warned.

On sky digitial another islamic channel is due to start Noor T.V ch 822.

The channel will have recition explantion questions and answers, and talks which will educate muslim children.

This thread is not to ag go at them but i am bringing to attention Sikh media or the lack of it.

What on earth have we got consitant balle balle and santa banta.

I think their initiative can be counter productive. I know a few people who watch their channels in order to have a lgood augh. They ask questions such as 'what prayer should I recite before I enter the toilet?' 'Is it permissible to urinate standing up or crounching down?' hardly ground breaking Islamic dawa.

Although it would be good to see a Sikhi channel but I doubt the Gurdwaras will be any help, if anything it will be people like the ones who started the Gurbani Radio stations who will make a breakthrough into satellite channels or the youth themselves.