Purity Of Soul

JustME

Can one be pure if he/she has an inpure mind and what is the difference between a impure thought and an impure action?

personally i do not see a difference................as the intent is the same.................i feel to truly walk on a pure path we need to grasp the understanding and definitions of wot constitutes to being "pure"

isnt the mind more dangerous than the body and therefore hpw can we truly distiguish between the level of "wrongness" between thought and action?

I knw each person will repond according to thier one definition of what one concieves as "pure" but when we refer to bani...............one of the biggest battles a manmukh has to fight is the battle of the mind................."Mann Jitheh Jag Jeet"

Senario 1.......i get up one morning to do nitnem............but my mind keeps thinking impure thoughts..............but i argue............. .hey its not like im acting on it so its okay...............so im thinking and thinking and before i knw it Japji Sahib is over and i havent taken a single word in.......

Senario 2...........im dating someone and instead of getting up to do nitnem i decide to stay in bed my my boyfriend/girlfriend and miss AV altogther

The outcome of both actions is the same so why do we continue to differenciate between actions of the mind and actions of the body?

so all in all i guess im abit confused......... :)

Can one be pure if he/she has an inpure mind and what is the difference between a impure thought and an impure action?

personally i do not see a difference................as the intent is the same.................i feel to truly walk on a pure path we need to grasp the understanding and definitions of wot constitutes to being "pure"

isnt the mind more dangerous than the body and therefore hpw can we truly distiguish between the level of "wrongness" between thought and action?

I knw each person will repond according to thier one definition of what one concieves as "pure" but when we refer to bani...............one of the biggest battles a manmukh has to fight is the battle of the mind................."Mann Jitheh Jag Jeet"

Senario 1.......i get up one morning to do nitnem............but my mind keeps thinking impure thoughts..............but i argue............. .hey its not like im acting on it so its okay...............so im thinking and thinking and before i knw it Japji Sahib is over and i havent taken a single word in.......

Senario 2...........im dating someone and instead of getting up to do nitnem i decide to stay in bed my my boyfriend/girlfriend and miss AV altogther

The outcome of both actions is the same so why do we continue to differenciate between actions of the mind and actions of the body?

so all in all i guess im abit confused......... :)

i reckon both scenarios are distinctly different.

Even attempting to get up and perform Japji Sahib whether you are taking anything in is a far far more superior action than staying in bed with your lover! At the end of the day an adverse action is still an adverse action. It's far more dangerous to do the bad deed than think about the bad deed. Otherwise what's the difference between 90% of the male population and rapists. Would you categorise the majority if men as being rapists just because they conciously or sub consciously think about lustful acts from time to time. Guru Ji tells us clearly about our real inner enemies and how we could spend many lifetimes battling those inner enemies. You cannot fastrack to purity, there is a battle one must fight first and Gurbani is our only weapon. Therefore get up and attempt to recite gurbani in whatever way you can rather than stay in bed with ur g/f or b/f or spouse...Scenario 2 is a no no!

The great strive for purity is a useless one it only becomes a moral dilemma within ones life. Purity isn’t salvation it just adds to the subconscious ritual one becomes enslaved by.

Purity and morality are great partners and work well together however they differ from spirituality and consciousness which are totally different and another path, and in my opinion a better one.

Even attempting to get up and perform Japji Sahib whether you are taking anything in is a far far more superior action than staying in bed with your lover! At the end of the day an adverse action is still an adverse action. It's far more dangerous to do the bad deed than think about the bad deed. Otherwise what's the difference between 90% of the male population and rapists. Would you categorise the majority if men as being rapists just because they conciously or sub consciously think about lustful acts from time to time. Guru Ji tells us clearly about our real inner enemies and how we could spend many lifetimes battling those inner enemies. You cannot fastrack to purity, there is a battle one must fight first and Gurbani is our only weapon. Therefore get up and attempt to recite gurbani in whatever way you can rather than stay in bed with ur g/f or b/f or spouse...Scenario 2 is a no no!

u see this is where i get confused............would u catogorise a bramgiani a bramgiani if he has impure thoughts??

(the above commment bears no relelvent to any of the great bramgianee our our sikh history, it is simply to be understood in the contect of the question asked)

my opinion of this is the bigger battle is of the mind..............the pure thoughts are like a catalyst to impure actions are they not? supressed desire?

the 2nd senario i agree is a big big big NO NO NO but is an unfortunate reality in kaljug.............and so is this battle that rages inside in the mind................countless rapist, murderers have acted on the impulse of the thoughts and emotions that got through their mind

by controling the mind..............we are preventing the body from carrying out the actions of the mind?

again please forgive any of my mistakes..............

The great strive for purity is a useless one it only becomes a moral dilemma within ones life. Purity isn’t salvation it just adds to the subconscious ritual one becomes enslaved by.

Purity and morality are great partners and work well together however they differ from spirituality and consciousness which are totally different and another path, and in my opinion a better one.

Complex yet straightforward!! interesting posting grin.gif

a very interesting statement.....................but can we walk the path of spiruality and conciousnees with having first understond the basic consepts of purity and morality without become enslved by it.................. :)

u see this is where i get confused............would u catogorise a bramgiani a bramgiani if he has impure thoughts??

(the above commment bears no relelvent to any of the great bramgianee our our sikh history, it is simply to be understood in the contect of the question asked)

my opinion of this is the bigger battle is of the mind..............the pure thoughts are like a catalyst to impure actions are they not? supressed desire?

the 2nd senario i agree is a big big big NO NO NO but is an unfortunate reality in kaljug.............and so is this battle that rages inside in the mind................countless rapist, murderers have acted on the impulse of the thoughts and emotions that got through their mind

by controling the mind..............we are preventing the body from carrying out the actions of the mind?

again please forgive any of my mistakes..............

brahmgianis dont come over night. it takes lifetimes to reach that. many of the us are still in the infancy of our spirtiual career and we will make mistakes and stumble over many times, we are lucky to be given opportunities again and again to learn from our mistakes whether we are aware of that or not. at the end of the day we need to knuckle down and get on with what gurbani tells us. we dont need to ask for mukti or raj or purity because we need to realise that we are in gratitude to have realised that there is a vehicle of Gurbani that will support us through our various lifetimes.

To react instantly out of powerful emotion is one type of karma, not to react and think about what you should have done and the desire to still do it is another type of karma the worst of the two. “Bramgyanis” and types don’t carry baggage of karma even the desire to remove karma adds karma there is no good or bad karma this is only a morality issue. Karma is karma full stop. Enlightenment comes by removing All karma full stop. What may be seen as positive karma still bounds you to the endless cycle of life and death, only my realising the true Guru can you off load all karma, you don’t need to know how the Guru works and exactly how its done just faith in knowing it will be done for you, in the best possible way with your interest in mind. :nihungsmile:

To react instantly out of powerful emotion is one type of karma, not to react and think about what you should have done and the desire to still do it is another type of karma the worst of the two. “Bramgyanis” and types don’t carry baggage of karma even the desire to remove karma adds karma there is no good or bad karma this is only a morality issue. Karma is karma full stop. Enlightenment comes by removing All karma full stop. What may be seen as positive karma still bounds you to the endless cycle of life and death, only my realising the true Guru can you off load all karma, you don’t need to know how the Guru works and exactly how its done just faith in knowing it will be done for you, in the best possible way with your interest in mind. :nihungsmile:

yeah man..i like it!! wisely said my friend..

i tink as we purify the mind, we purify the soul... bani says 'bhareai mat papa kai sang, oh dhopai navai kay rang' ... everybody's mind wanders in all directions.. durin nitnem, durin simran, durin almost every second of every day... buh the way to 'cleanse' our mind, therefore cleansing our soul, is to do abhiyaas of naam and contemplation of bani.. and yes as said above, it can take lifetimes.. wha we strive for in sikhi is not to become liberated or nethin like that.. only to be in love, in tune with Akaal Purakh... the only thing we want in this lifetime is to have TRU ISHQ of Akaal Purakh... that comes through contemplation of bani, meditation of naam, and service to the Lord.. as we continue to do this through our daily lives, or make the effort continuously, we cleanse our mind, therefore cleans our soul...

tha's the way i see it.. :)