Are Sikhs Weak On Emotional Intelligence?

Guest Guest

What people think.

Are we Sikhs weak on emotional intelligence.

Fighting on small non issues

Not seeing a bigger picture.

Try to be reactive rather than proactive

See our leaders, none of them are lawyers. History shows where the battle is tough

It is the lawyers that become leaders in movement to lead and go for win.

Nehru Gandhi both were lawyers. Lawyers know what to speak and when to speak

Why in our Sikhs good lawyer do not come to become leaders

Take case of Mann Sahib::. He is former IPS officer. Talks straight. A very knowledge based intelligent person. His articles are informative. But when things come in terms of emotional front. He have no idea where to control & where to start.

Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu:: I find he is good on emotional intelligence . But very weak on knowledge based intelligence.

He needs to speak more dynamic when try convincing people in political rallies. He need to show what economic models.

Social models of development he think best of Punjab when convince people to support his party. Just saying all the time

“Try get close to Guru Granth Sabib “ will not make people feel they can give their future to him as leader. He can try create a think thank committee Or at least online web based message boards ,where people can give ideas about how to proceed further with Sikhs related economic ,political & social issues

Such ideas can strength him and make him more informative

Had these two( Mann Sahib & Bhai Bittu) remain together? A combination of Knowledge based & emotional intelligence, This would have been deadly combination for opponents in future

Take our Mr Badal. That Chap is mediocre in emotional intelligence. That’s does makes him politician to some success, but not good enough to lead the Aspirations of Sikhs. A normal opportunistic person. I wish God have given him more strength and intelligence to make common platform with Tamils, Assam, and other regional aspirant powers( telgnana in AP) , for getting more powers for states. Speaking lonely will not help. He is after all a chief minister. Can do some political tight rope.

Outside PUNJAB , no real person become good political Sikh figure. Though many are trying best.

Now people do not say, you try do something -). I am just a person who can become critics of those how are in fore front

Seriously though. How many of our "leaders" could hold a discussion/debate with leaders of other countries without looking seriously pendufied? Most other leaders are well educated and well read. They know how to present a case.

The most intelligent Sikh speaker I personally have heard was Jaswant Khalra. The person who started this thread hit the nail on the head as to the source of much of the woes the Sikh community face.

Sometimes I wonder why we didn't have an English speaking representative during the havoc 1984 onwards. That was a time when we needed to represent outside. If we have people who can't speak to a global audience in a way that relates t them we just end up giving the other side a victory when they try and portray Sikhs as backwards. Just my two cents...no offence anyone.

Maybe we should rename the thread to "Are Sikhs weak on intelligence"

Pick up a dictionary folks! Or search the net! Don't remain ignorant.