Doing Paath

Guest _gupt_

i was on my way back from school today doing rehraas sahib paath

this elderly lady sed fateh to me, but as i was doing paath, i couldnt reply, so i politely bowed my head, and hoped she didnt think i was blanking her

then a bit later on, this girl asked if i had the time, i shook my head, indicating that i hadnt, but actually i had got the time, i just didnt want to have to tell it her, because i didnt want to interrupt my paath

now i felt bad at blanking the lady and lying to the girl

anything i could have done differently?

i did once stop my nitnem paath, which i was doing in a park, because a policeman wanted to talk to me, and i resumed where i stopped, but i shudnt really make exceptions for policemen either shud i?

this elderly lady sed fateh to me, but as i was doing paath, i couldnt reply, so i politely bowed my head, and hoped she didnt think i was blanking her

then a bit later on, this girl asked if i had the time, i shook my head, indicating that i hadnt, but actually i had got the time, i just didnt want to have to tell it her, because i didnt want to interrupt my paath

i did once stop my nitnem paath, which i was doing in a park, because a policeman wanted to talk to me, and i resumed where i stopped, but i shudnt really make exceptions for policemen either shud i?

Hmm a bit of a dilemma.

Well if the eldery lady said fateh to you, u should have smiled and said ur paat a little louder so she could here it, which would tell her ur doing rehraas sahib, hence why u can reply :lol:

For the 2nd one abt the time, u can say waheguru 5 times followed by WJKK WJKF (its te appropriote way of pausing the paat for reasons like that) u should be able to say it quick in ur mind (3-5 secs)

Once the purpose is done, say the same thing above and resume paat. :@ Been told this by a very spiritual person (sant - not sure if many belive in them here )

why cant u do ur pray.gif at home ?

another thing, are u doing ur paat from memory, mp3 player, or gutka ? :@

VaheGuru G Ka Khalsa VaheGuru G Ki Fateh

Look the thing that is the important is its very very difficult to UnderStand the real concept of Gurbani

But as i had heard it from Sant Mahapursh Maskeen G according to Guru' G Directions i would try to share

few words related to your query with you ..

Simran in the real sense is that we are thinking about someone while doing any thing either on work or while

doing even on path..1stly we have to Love our God a person who has a true love with anyone please dont stop me

in saying that he is doing the simran only to whom he Love so its an inner state of mind . According to me doing a

Paath should be as such .... that i had heard from Sant Maharaj Waryam Singh ji Please arrange one separate Room

for doing Simran / Paath and it should be neat and Clean.. Having Good environment ..No disturbance of sound and

any body should not disturb you while doing paath. About our Mind it should be free from any any kind of useless thoughts

that are related to this Death World Only thing should be there is ur Inner Love with full of ur concentration and ur

true attraction towards Waheguru G.....

Only than we can attain a Blessings of Guru G as its a matter of paath so its purely purely related to Rules and regulations

that VaheGuru G like not us so Give regards and 1st preference to Gurmatt not our Matt........

I feel sorry for anything that i had wrote wrong but from Guru G s point of view its really really very very hard to accept the

Guru G s Likings and to attain True Blessings of Guru G

Daas

Guest topic started

i was doing paath from memory

the firl who ask for the time wasnt a sikh

you can do paath anywhere, doesnt matter if youre in a clean room or not, naam abyaas and gurbani abyaas should be done as much as possilbe.

thats the point of grihstee jeevan to do paath and simran whilst working and living in the world

wat you could do is, maybe close your eyes when your doing paath. or if your like on the bus n that, wen some one approaches you , close your eyes before they get to you and look down, that way the person will know not to disturb you or less chance of distubing you. Guru ji is with you, he understands if you had to stop to help someone, or answer a question etc, he aint oblivious to it , its not very often its gonna happen.... if it does, do the vaheguru five times as someone mentioned, or in the ardas ask for forgivness for stopping, but dont feel too bad about it, everything happens within hukam, and hukam is perfect, so everything is perfect.

when we do paath, its like we haveing a conversation with guru ji himself. many many mahanpurkhs say that when we do paath, guru ji is sitting next to us listening.

so its important not to inturrept this time with guru ji, as anything else will never be as important.

its good that you didnt stop your paath to other distractions.

all these things that distract us from doing paath and others stuff is guru maharaj testing us. He wants to see that even when we all this world around us, do we remember him or not?

Find a place in college where you know no one will come at that time. Sit there and do your paath. Recite it aloud, but not loud enough to bring people there to find out who is there doing what LOL. What can be a greater fun than "hiding" from the world and reciting Bani? I have never sneaked out to meet kurriya (coz I am not a Bollywood actor LOL.gif ) so I don't know how/what it feels like, but the feeling you get by "hiding" or "sneaking out" to do paath (which is meeting Gurujee) is a million times more thrilling and fun :nihungsmile:

well, if you think of that one sakhi where Guru ji asked if someone out of the sangat can do japji sahib properly, he would get whatever he wishes. And this guy volunteered but then near the end he started thinking about what he would ask Guru ji in reward. And his mind went to Lahore where there were some good breed horses that he wanted to get.

Anyway, sorry I don't have full details of that sakhi, but thats the general idea. My point is that you think you haven't interrupted your paath, but your mind is already interrupted even if your lips are moving. Your mind is already thinking that someone is asking you a question or saying hello to you or whatever. So when you're thinking about that you're not thinking about the bani you are reciting or reading.

I'm not a pro or nothing, I don't think its a huge big deal if you get interrupted. Just make sure you finish the bani you were reading. It would be better to do it uninterrupted in a quiet place, but when all else fails, at least finish what you start. :lol: