Ken Livingstone In Amritsar

Harmeet1

VJKK VJKF,

Ken Livingstone (London Mayor) has been in Amritsar...As you probably know.

I was looking for an image where I can't find anywhere on the internet or even on the Evening Standard site...And I don't have a scanner.

If its not online then its fine, but here are the images I was after, and I thought you could look at them in the proccess....It was on the front page of the Evening Standard (Local London Paper), sorry if their not top quality I just took them on my Diji Cam:

DSC02035.JPG

DSC02036.JPG

DSC02037.JPG

If you follow the homepage to page 31 where it says the full story is it reads this:

Ken Livingstone partied with India's "royal family" as he brought down the curtain on his visit to Mumbai.

He staged a glitzy "London showcase" concert that was attended by Bollywood "godfather" Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, a former Miss World still described as the most beautiful woman.

Mr Bachchan's son Abhishek, an actor too, was also at the event, held on the rooftop terrace of the five-star Taj Palace hotel. The Bachchans are treated like royalty in India and the event attracted massive media interest.

Today the London Mayor was flying to Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple, the most holy site to Sikhism and the scene of two massacres. The most recent, in 1984, resulted in the revenge assassination of then Indian prime minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards. The Mayor's visit to India, costing about £740,000 of public money, ends tomorrow.

Last night's concert featured musician and presenter Myleene Klass and Indian pop superstar Sonu Nigam. The Mayor presented.Amitabh Bachchan with a Visit London award for his 40-year cinema career.

Ms Klass, who left her new-born daughter to attend the event, performed a piece from the Michael Nyman classical music soundtrack to the film The Piano.

The event also featured West End singer Simon Bowman, who sang The Music Of The Night from The Phantom Of The Opera, as well as performers from the West End musical Stomp and Indian dancers.

Mr Livingstone, who bounded on stage to a blast of London Calling by The Clash, said: "It's been an amazing week, not least because I have managed to get through most of it and nothing has gone wrong so far. But there is still two days to go."

He praised his staff, saying: "Everything has gone wonderful this week. My staff have worked for 18 months to put this together. I get all the credit. They do all the work. They have been wonderful. I can't believe the impact they have produced."

VJKK VJKF.

VJKK VJKF,

Ken Livingstone (London Mayor) has been in Amritsar...As you probably know.

I was looking for an image where I can't find anywhere on the internet or even on the Evening Standard site...And I don't have a scanner.

If its not online then its fine, but here are the images I was after, and I thought you could look at them in the proccess....It was on the front page of the Evening Standard (Local London Paper), sorry if their not top quality I just took them on my Diji Cam:

If you follow the homepage to page 31 where it says the full story is it reads this:

Ken Livingstone partied with India's "royal family" as he brought down the curtain on his visit to Mumbai.

He staged a glitzy "London showcase" concert that was attended by Bollywood "godfather" Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai, a former Miss World still described as the most beautiful woman.

Mr Bachchan's son Abhishek, an actor too, was also at the event, held on the rooftop terrace of the five-star Taj Palace hotel. The Bachchans are treated like royalty in India and the event attracted massive media interest.

Today the London Mayor was flying to Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple, the most holy site to Sikhism and the scene of two massacres. The most recent, in 1984, resulted in the revenge assassination of then Indian prime minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards. The Mayor's visit to India, costing about £740,000 of public money, ends tomorrow.

Last night's concert featured musician and presenter Myleene Klass and Indian pop superstar Sonu Nigam. The Mayor presented.Amitabh Bachchan with a Visit London award for his 40-year cinema career.

Ms Klass, who left her new-born daughter to attend the event, performed a piece from the Michael Nyman classical music soundtrack to the film The Piano.

The event also featured West End singer Simon Bowman, who sang The Music Of The Night from The Phantom Of The Opera, as well as performers from the West End musical Stomp and Indian dancers.

Mr Livingstone, who bounded on stage to a blast of London Calling by The Clash, said: "It's been an amazing week, not least because I have managed to get through most of it and nothing has gone wrong so far. But there is still two days to go."

He praised his staff, saying: "Everything has gone wonderful this week. My staff have worked for 18 months to put this together. I get all the credit. They do all the work. They have been wonderful. I can't believe the impact they have produced."

VJKK VJKF.

I wonder if Livingstone know todays story about Amitabh Bachan being involved in the Sikh Massacres?

“In my childhood, pictures of the Golden Temple used to fascinate me,” said Kenneth Robert Livingstone, mayor of London, who arrived here on Friday on a two-day personal visit. “The soothing tranquility that envelopes the Golden Temple despite a sea of people coming here every day, makes it all the more intriguing,” he said after paying obeisance there.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/news/publish/asi...b_1123077.shtml

"In my childhood, pictures of the Golden Temple used to fascinate me," said Kenneth Robert Livingstone, mayor of London, who arrived here on Friday on a two-day personal visit. "The soothing tranquility that envelopes the Golden Temple despite a sea of people coming here every day, makes it all the more intriguing," he said after paying obeisance there.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/news/publish/asi...b_1123077.shtml

same quotes going around everwhere...lol