Sikhispacee

Menu Ke Patha

Sikh Version of Hi5/Facebook/My Space?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be A Sikh Version of Hi5/Facebook/My Space?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesnt Effect Me
  2. 2. Will YOU Sign Up For It?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
just need more yes than no

and i personally wouldn't recommend putting your picture or details on the net

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I don't know about the whole pic thing. I guess that's one of the reasons I like facebook because people put up their pics so freely. It wouldn't feel the same if no one put up their pics or just had random pics, which weren't of them, kind of like we have here.

I want there to be a distinction between that site and this site. Otherwise, it would just feel like a waste of a server. Of course, you can't make people put up their pics and personal information, but don't discourage it either.

I don't know about the whole pic thing. I guess that's one of the reasons I like facebook because people put up their pics so freely. It wouldn't feel the same if no one put up their pics or just had random pics, which weren't of them, kind of like we have here.

I want there to be a distinction between that site and this site. Otherwise, it would just feel like a waste of a server. Of course, you can't make people put up their pics and personal information, but don't discourage it either.

errm i dont think the singhs are going to allow personal data to be put on profiles

and a wast of server is a empty server <_<

Guest peacemaker
errm i dont think the singhs are going to allow personal data to be put on profiles

and a wast of server is a empty server <_<

Then it really isn't like facebook or myspace. I really would like to see a prototype of what is being created. :)

lol @ using technical information to define a "waste of a server".

Then it really isn't like facebook or myspace. I really would like to see a prototype of what is being created. <_<

lol @ using technical information to define a "waste of a server".

so u think people should put up there personal details up but you would never do that yourself would you?

peacemaker ji there are reasons why personal details will not be allowed one big reason being becouse there is this gig 'group' of people who like getting details and useing them for wrong reasons

so no personal details will not be allowed

No matter how 'moderated' this thing is, u can't stop 'flirting' or anything of the like. Personally i don't think its practical to have something like this... we have many sikh forums, n like sum1 else said, facebook/hi5 n all dem other sites already have a whole bunch'a 'sikh' groups...

I know some people all excited about havin some sort of sikhi social site... buh i don't think tha's the best way to do parchaar... there's pros n cons of it.. i think if we wanna use time n energy for parchaar, it shud be done in our communities first... perhaps gurdwaras... do seva... etc.. etc..

personally i think this'll jus turn into a regular 'social link up' site... rather then sumtin thats actually doing positive sikhi parchaar...

jus my thoughts..

Bless!

Its just manmat!!!

Tell me what need is there for these kinds of sites in terms of Sikhi that you cant have here??

All these websites are for are people to put up pics of themselves and talk about themselves, basicaly an ego boost and a waste of time.

I mean even sikhsangat can be a waste of time alot, but thats still got the positives of good sikhi discussion and stuff,

A sikhi social networking site will have no extra benefits, but many added negatives.

Its just manmat!!!

Tell me what need is there for these kinds of sites in terms of Sikhi that you cant have here??

All these websites are for are people to put up pics of themselves and talk about themselves, basicaly an ego boost and a waste of time.

I mean even sikhsangat can be a waste of time alot, but thats still got the positives of good sikhi discussion and stuff,

A sikhi social networking site will have no extra benefits, but many added negatives.

i always thought it would be good because of sharing sikhi audio and vids and insperational blogs