Is It Paap

Paneer Monster

vaheguroo jee ka khasla vaheguroo jee kee fateh

im at uni and have masses of causework whch i do during the ngiht time, is it paap to do amritvela without waking up from sleep?

also, is it paap to wake up, do amritvela nitnem and then sleep after?....

also is it essential to have full ishnaan before amritvela? i knwo many gursikhs who have panj ishnaan.

any responces welcome.

Guest peacemaker

im at uni and have masses of causework whch i do during the ngiht time, is it paap to do amritvela without waking up from sleep?

How is that possible to do amritvela if you're asleep?

How is that possible to do amritvela if you're asleep?

nah i mean, without taking any sleep ie staying awake all night then doing amritvela lol

appologies for not bein clear.

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh

Guest peacemaker

It is not paap if you don't sleep the whole night and do paat, but it could be bad for your health. Your body needs rest on a daily basis.

I know some people who do that and as long as you are doing your nitnem consistently, I don't find anything wrong with taking rest after you have done it.

You should be as clean as possible. If you have any doubts, it's always better to do the "full job". <_<

I personally think just stayig up and then doing nitnaam on its own is NO GOOD. One should atleast do some simran beofre nitnaam. Like 1 hour and gradually bringing it to 2hours. Gursikhs say, ones amrit vela should atleast be 2.5 hours. Just doing nitnaam on itself is no good and I think its laziness towards guru sahib. You need to get the clocking ticking so throughout the day, ur naam goes automatically.

Its not paap but its not ok either.

Do you think guru saaheb stood up to do amritvelaa?

Why aren't there any raags in gurbaaNee from 12:00am-3:00am?

Sure there are those occaisions of all night simran or raensabaaee then you can do your nitnem and sleep, or if you have to stay up because of school or exams, but otherwise not sleeping before amritvelaa is just an excuse to staying up late.

Topic has also been discussed before.

also, is it paap to wake up, do amritvela nitnem and then sleep after?....

also is it essential to have full ishnaan before amritvela? i knwo many gursikhs who have panj ishnaan.

any responces welcome.

- No. Obviously there's times when u have to be up the whole night i.e. exams, but don't make it a habit. Ideally Amrit vela should be the start of your day, buh if ur circumstances require u to pull 'all-nighters' because of school/work or somethin.. then u shud'n worry too much..

- No. However, u shudn't get into the habit of that either. Again, it depends on ur circumstances... but if i's jus that ur stayin late at nite because ur watchin t.v. or sumtin... then i's nah a good thing... buh if ur up late doin work... then wake up to do amrit vela n go back to sleep.. then i dun see a problem wit that... as mentioned above, ur body needs rest... i's a health issue too..

- If it is possible, then do so. I's best to be fresh n clean wha nah.. obviously there's times where ur nah able to... buh if ur able to, then why not?