Islam

Guest _mandeep_

Guest _mandeep_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Whaeguru Ji Ki Fateh

I tried searching this topic but since I am not a member it never let my search go throw. Also I tried recovering my lost password with no luck on this site so mods please let this question go throw as I will join into the discussion if I get any replies. Anyway I wanted to ask the question that Muslim’s say that Mohammed was the last prophet of God so what does that make our Guru's? Also they say the Quran is the last revelation of God so what does that make our Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Genuine question no offensive intended. If this has been discussed before you can just give me the link to the discussion.

I tried searching this topic but since I am not a member it never let my search go throw. Also I tried recovering my lost password with no luck on this site so mods please let this question go throw as I will join into the discussion if I get any replies. Anyway I wanted to ask the question that Muslim’s say that Mohammed was the last prophet of God so what does that make our Guru's? Also they say the Quran is the last revelation of God so what does that make our Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Genuine question no offensive intended. If this has been discussed before you can just give me the link to the discussion.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

If you look at certain Islamic sects such as Ahmadiyyah and NOI they do not say that Prophet Muhammad was the last prophet. Since Islam is from the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christanity,Islam) it is quite typical for them to say only their religion is correct. Islam is not only based on the Qur'an but also the Hadith (sayings of Muhammad).

Guru Nanak Dev Jee is the founder of Sikhi. And Guru Granth Sahib Jee is our FINAL and everlasting Guru, but why are you asking this question when you are an "SIKH"?

Guru Nanak Dev Jee is the founder of Sikhi. And Guru Granth Sahib Jee is our FINAL and everlasting Guru, but why are you asking this question when you are an "SIKH"?

why do u care?

not a very wise thing to say

Guest _malkeet_

the islamic religion can be very "outdated" and "narrow minded". They are unwilling to accept that there can be any other religions apart from islam. Our gurus were sent by akaal purakh to save us all in this age of kaljug because so many bad practises were creeping into religions and society. dont ever doubt our gurus and our living guru sri guru granth sahib ji.

technically the quran isnt a direct revelation from god, angel gabriel told prophet mohammed what to write. Our gurus recieved their message straight from god, which they wrote in guru granth sahib.

He's just asking a question, nothing wrong with that.

To the topic starter:

There is HUGE difference between Guru Ji and Mohammed; Guru ji merged with God and became one with him, making him the same as God, whereas Mohammed didn't. Baba Harnaam Singh Ji while in samadhi travelled to the heavens and met Mohammed who told him that Guru nanak dev ji has achieved something that no ever has achieved before, and his sikhs should take advantage of that. Baba Ji also met Jesus Christ there.

Gurbani also mentions of there being countless mohammeds, vishnus, shivas etc, and that there is only one Guru. This Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji, plays the same role he did on this earth on others too. However, the countless prophets and hindu gods are just created again. Also, the Gurbani from Guru Granth Sahib Ji is directly from God whereas the other numerous holy books are not.

Finally, Dasam Granth says in there that Mohammed was sent onto earth to establish religion but he ended up teaching his own thing due to his Ego. He was also meant to start the practice of keeping the hair but he didn't. Then it goes on to saying that the same happened with others that were sent to teach the true religion. Because non did, God sent Guru Ji down, who established the true dharama, Sikhi.

Hope that helped.

I doubt if a Muslim would question his/her religion same way

I agree i doubt they would because they are refrained from doing so... we aint. Its all about vichaar! If we question sikhi then you will understand if better insted of it being forced upon you! right?

Unfortunatly i cant answer the question but i respect bhaiji who asked it!!

Fateh ji