Islam

Guest _mandeep_

Muslim's say that Mohammed was the last prophet of God so what does that make our Guru's?
Hazrat Muhammad Sahib came 1400 years ago and left. Gurujee resides in Shabad Guru. He hasn't left us, and never will. In the words of Bhai Parminder Singh ji (the Singh who did akal chalana in May 2004), there were kings 300 years ago, but where are they today? Dead and gone! But Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was the True King even then, even today, and will be forever. Thats what a True King is!
Quran is the last revelation of God so what does that make our Guru Granth Sahib Ji?
Like "Papi" veer said, Quran was written after Hazrat Muhammad Sahib. Gurbani was written by Guru Sahibaans themselves. Also, the Quran was revealed by the angel Gabriel/Jibraaeel, but Bani came direct from Akal Purakh.

If looking for answers to questions by Muslims about Sikhi, then please go to www.whyichosesikhism.com or http://www.searchsikhism.com/islam.html

But a short answer to the original question is that when Muslims say something like Muhammed is the final prophet and Quran is the last revelation, it has no bearing on us. It would only matter if we accepted what they said as true but we do not. So, the answer to your question is simple: Muslims are wrong and we hope God gives them wisdom to recognize the truth one day.

Guest _mandeep_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Thanks for the replies and I wasn’t questioning Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be honest I just had a interest to find out more about Islam their beliefs and teachings but by finding out more it only made my faith in Guru Granth Sahib Ji stronger. I learned a few points I never knew before from the replies which has helped in my understanding why Muslims say what they do. That’s all I was really expecting from the question. We should all learn to answer question’s with love and patience that is the Sikhi way which a few have showed.

Cheers

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Vaheguru ... a fair question .. and you have every right to ask it ... you're right ... every question must be answered with love and patience... I'm glad your faith in Guru Ji has grown stronger ... by asking questions, we are not questioning Guru Ji, only broadening our minds to allow us to respect those around us, and strengthen our beliefs in Guru Ji ... something I would suggest for you is to attend conferences in your area that bring together faiths of the world and discuss issues within society. A popular one in my area is the "World Religions Conference" held in the city of Waterloo, Ontario. http://www.worldreligionsconference.org/ There are speeches from previous conferences on there if you would like to have a read... it is an organization founded by an individual from the Ahmadiyya Movement ... please have a read

If you look at certain Islamic sects such as Ahmadiyyah and NOI they do not say that Prophet Muhammad was the last prophet.

true... and they show some serious respect for Guru Nanak too, which is awesome....other than that they think that he was a devout muslim.

but Ahmaddiyans are effectivelly banned in Pakistan and are refused the chance to go on Hajj... they're the Naamdharis of Sikhism, if you will... looked down upon in every possible way (they don't even have a gurmat sangeet equivalent to make em even remotely respected!)... I remember having a discussino with a pakistani friend of mine, who's family refuses to go home to pakistan, because they're ahmaddiya, and are legitimately fearful of being imprisioned..... and i've also read online that there's a fatwa on Ahmaddiyyas who go on Hajj... but obviously that last sentence has to be thoroughly investigated before it's accepted as truth. I only read it online once.

While Ahmaddiya's seem to be a very "gentle form" of Islam... the fact is the majority of the Islamic centres reject their existence.. they also very firmly believe that guru nanak dev ji was a devout muslim, largely because his chola which has been kept and preserved has arabic/urdu writing all over it with references to Allah.

Just throwing it out there.

While Ahmaddiya's seem to be a very "gentle form" of Islam... the fact is the majority of the Islamic centres reject their existence.. they also very firmly believe that guru nanak dev ji was a devout muslim, largely because his chola which has been kept and preserved has arabic/urdu writing all over it with references to Allah.

Just throwing it out there.

true ... but some Ahmaddiya's believe that 'Guru Nanak Dev Ji was respectable individual from whom they have adopted many teachings instead of a 'prophet of islam' ... and the chola which they have preserved that has arabic/urdu writings was a Gift from a muslim pir' (I won't say the name because I'm not 100% sure). An Ahmaddiya Muslim stated this in response to the question "Why did Guru Nanak Dev Ji have a chola with writing from the Quaraan on it?". Many will try to convince others that Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a muslim, but in the end, I don't think it matters what anyone believes, as long as they incporporate Guru Nanak Dev Ji's beautiful way of life and teachings within their own.

Ahmadiyyat started near Batala in Gurdaspur district (Indian-Punjab). There are about 10 million of them worldwide. But they have been officially called as "non-Muslims" by Pakistan goverment. There was a report of them being tortured in Nankana Sahib. But they have safe haven in Indian Punjab, thanks to the tolerant Sikh majority in Punjab.

ok in mecca mohammed sahib ji made 4 doors im not sure what they are for but when they were about to open the fourth door mohammed sahib said no, in kaliyug akaal purkh will come himself in Guru Nanak Dev Ji's form and open the last door and that wat happened Guru Nanak Dev Ji opened the last door