Secularism and the Constitution of India!!!!!

nonihal singh

S!ingh Wrote:

14 years of MYSELF ! I lived there those many years there

India is country of many states and "Punjab" is not India but one of the the state of India. It's funny how you try to run away from Sikh institution hypocrisy and still adding them to Indian Government. rolleyes.gif

Sikhs have freedom and they are not being tortured in western countries. Show me Khalsa Raj? And unity?

Sat Sri Akal:

"The philosophy of Indian secularism is that the State should neither sponsor nor favour any religion and should treat all religions equally. Religious tolerance and equality are the components of Indian constitutionalism. These principles are inserted in the Constitution as Right to Freedom of Religion under Articles 25 to 28 of Part III of the Constitution. Article 25 guarantees freedom of conscience and free profession, practice and propagation of religion."

bro ms514,

I'm not there yet. Can you post the content of article 25 where it is documented that Sikhism is sect of Hinduism?

Sat Sri Akal:

"Explanation II.- In sub-clause (B) of clause (2), the reference to Hindus shall be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jaina or Buddhist religion, and the reference to Hindu religious institutions shall be construed accordingly. "

(PART III, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS, Right to Freedom of Religion, Article 25).

Source: http://www.constitution.org/cons/india/p03025.html.

Real funny read...Explanation I right above it calls Sikhism a religion and Explanation II calls Hindus to mean including Sikhs.

These people are lost...