The Kirpan

Guest wallace singh

not trying to start long debate but just wondering. arnt sarbloh kirpans generally very blunt? and what purpose does gatra serve other than inspirering sangat because it draws attention to ur kirpan

What purpose a long turban serve other than covering head? Why not just cover kesh with a rumal. Religion is supposed to be personal and some things should be just accepted without being questioned too much otherwise we think we are following the path shown by the guru but we are just doing our own thing.

we are to wear a kirpan to remind us that we are to protect those in need, and are to fight against injustice in the world. it is true that the gun is mightier than the sword, but both weopons depend on the wielder, i think a gursikh filled with true khalsa spirit wielding a sword would be a force to be reckoned with, u cud chop off his head and still he would be fighting :)

also, it would not be possible to carry a gun everwhere with us in this modern society, whilst we can carry a kirpan everwhere:)

sarbloh has many properties and great gursikhs have often expressed its importance. i think it is somehow linked with naam. it is used when preparing amrit as it helps to channel naam into the amrit from the panj pyare. people who keep sarbloh bibek believe that the sarbloh cups,plates,kirpan used also help channel naam into their food and help make it taste sweet like nectar :@

fateh im still learning i am sorry if i have something which is wrong

:@

guruji did everything on purpose. dont think that why is this why not that...who are we to question. instead we must find out what's in our guruji's mind to tell us to do so and so then we will know how wonderful they are. sarab lokh is an iron , human body needs iron to give energy. why all the nihangs use sarab lokh kicthenware, this is the purpose. its a source of energy and its not costly ( a way to remind us to live simple life ) guru could have tell us to wear golden kara or golden kirpan but why a simple one. to live in high spirit but yet a simple living. come on my dear sikhs....our sikhi is so simple dont make it complex....our job is just to learn and find out that is why we are called sikhs ( a learner )

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The understanding that has been passed to me is that a Kirpan should be in the form as your see traditionally i.e. a outer cutting edge which is curved to the tip. I was told that the kirpan should be sarbloh as it performs spritually duties aswell as for defense. The shape of the kirpan is part of how it does the kirpa for example a pesh kab which is a great shastar cannot do the same kirpa as a kirpaan.

Like i said this the understanding i have you dont need to accept it.

Gurfateh Ji

thanks for the answers about sarbloh nuthing worse than seeing some one with a gold kara.

i personally like carrying a small folding knife as my kirpan. its easy to conceal so it dont attract unwanted attention and can take it most places. is that alright to be used as a kirpan