Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji Khalsa

Taksali Singh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come from a family who have been immensley blessed with the darshan and seva of such an amazing Mahapurukh.

One such occasion comes to mind, when Baba Jee blessed my grandfather with their pavitaar darshan over 25 years ago... My grandfather was a mona, as was the rest of the family... When Baba Jee met with my parivaar, they asked my grandfather why they had cut their kes after coming to the UK. My grandfather responded with the same excuse that many of their generation did, they needed to fit into this country and they had to work and live amongst these people. Baba Jee, full of nimerta and pyaar responded to this excuse saying "Pyaraa Singh Jee, the British ruled over India for so long, they lived amongst us, they worked amongst us, not once did they adopt our way of life, they didn't give their heads.. and they ruled over us for years upon years.. you have been living here for such a short space of time, and already you've adopted their indentity, this is not right"

My grandad listened to Baba Jee and said satbachan... with the kirpaa of Dhan Saahib Sri Guroo Granth Saahib jee Maharaaj, and Baba Jee's Bachan, they kept their kes first, began to keep rehet and eventually they were blessed with Amrit... Thanks to the seva of such a soul, our parents, and extended family were also blessed with Amrit, and my baba jee who at one time was a mona with no pyaar for Sikhi has been blessed with Guroo Jees kirpaa time and time again.

This is the virtues of such an amazing soul... the book, SE KINEYA is life changing, everyone should read it.. inside it, it has the price listed as "READ, CONTEMPLATE, ACT" this is truely a heavy price to pay.. but once paid can only improve a persons jeevan. The book will act as a guide to all the questions a person has. Furthermore, those who have not yet been to Rampurkhera Saahib, you must take on this yatra.. the atmosphere is so amazing. The barsi in India will leave your batteries recharged, and a special love for Maharaaj that you will find no place else.

I don't mean to go off topic, but just a question. At the end of the smagam at Rampur Kheda, there is Amrit Sanchar. My dumb question is (and I shouldn't be putting it this way in the first place) that are the Panj Pyaare from among one/more of the jathebandis "in the limelight" (AKJ/Taksal/Nanaksar etc.) or are they "independant" ?

Thanks

I don't mean to go off topic, but just a question. At the end of the smagam at Rampur Kheda, there is Amrit Sanchar. My dumb question is (and I shouldn't be putting it this way in the first place) that are the Panj Pyaare from among one/more of the jathebandis "in the limelight" (AKJ/Taksal/Nanaksar etc.) or are they "independant" ?

Thanks

Please realise that I have little knowledge of Rampur Khera Saahib however, as far as Im aware the 5 Singh are chosen from within the Dera. I believe basically, they are Singhs that have stayed/lived/follow the maryada of the dera - Rampur Khera Saahib. Having said this, I could be wrong - if there is a more enlightened person, maybe they can clarify..?

Hope this helps...

The Naam Abhyaas Kamai Camp Timetable

Bathing + personal Nitnem 2.00 am — 3.45am

Herbal tea (Banaksha) 3.45 am — 4.00 am

Parkash Sri Guroo Granth Saahib 4.00 am — 4.15 am

Naam recitation (all the congregation) 4.15 am — 5.15 am

Asa di Vaar + kirtan 5.15 am — 7.15 am

Explanation of Hukamnama and Ardas 07.15 am— 08.15 am

Breakfast and rest 08.15 am— 10.00 am

Path Sri Sukhmani Sahib 10.00 am— 11.15 am

Explanation of Vaars of Bhai Gurdas Ji 11.15 am — 12.00 pm

Lunch and rest 12.30 pm— 03.30 pm

Herbal tea 03.30 pm— 04.00 pm

Naam recitation (jointly) 04.00 pm— 05.00 pm

Kirtan 05.00 pm— 07.00 pm

Sodar, Arti, Ardas (evening nitnem) 07.00 pm— 07.45 pm

Sukhasan of Sri Guroo Granth Sahib Ji 07.45 pm— 08.00 pm

Dinner 08.00 pm— 09.00 pm

Individual naam recitation (on beds) 09.00 pm— 09.30 pm

This timetable is still in use today!

Baba Ji Uses Gurmantr to Dissolve a Yogi's Sourcery and Pride

Those true warriors who act upon what they say (practice what they preach) have a very inspirational and positive effect on others. Those who merely tell others to do something and don't do it themselves, they never really have an effect on others. This is what Satguru Ji confirms in Gurbani: 'Prathmay Mann Parbodhai Apnaa Paashai Avar Reejhaavai ||' Asa M:5 Ang 381

A person should have fully accomplished any advice which they give to others. Glorious is our great Guru Raam Dass Sahib Ji who talks of the greatness of the individual who first meditates on the Loving God and places Him in their heart, then persuades others to follow suit: "Jann Nanak Dhoor Mangai Thiss Gursikh Kee Jo Aap Japai Avreh Naam Japaavai ||' Salok M:4

And our Fifth Satguru Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji warns us :

'Avar Updesai Aap Naa Karai || Avath Jaavath Janmai Marai ||'

Sukhmani Sahib Fifth Astpadhi

But whatever Baba ji told others to do, he had whole heartedly done himself and it would be based around Satguru Ji's Gurbaani. So this practical lifestyle naturally had an inspirational effect on those around him. Holy congregations would place Baba ji's words in their hearts and would shun their own wisdom by living a life according to Guru Ji's wisdom (Gurmat). They gave up alcohol for Amrit and put aside meat and sin influencing diets for spiritual lifestyles.

THE 'SORCEROR' (Thaanthrik Naath)

A yogic Naath lived in the same vicinity (Kareruay), who had attained some spiritual power (Ridhi Sidhi) and immorally used this to put fear in people and make them worship him. Many people would give him offerings of meat and alcohol. But as more and more people in the village went towards Guru Ji's path (Baba ji's influence), it was obvious that it would affect this yogi's popularity. The yogi noticed this sudden drop in his popularity. He decided that he would punish this person who had almost put paid to his scheme, with his spiritual powers. He decided to truly embarass this person who had severely dented his popularity.

But as Gurbani says:

'Manthree Hoe Atoohiaa Naagee Lagai Jaae ||

Aapan Hathee Aapnai De Koochaa Aapay Laae ||' Salok M:2 Page 148

NAATH'S FIRST 'ATTACK'

The weather was very hot. Baba ji was sitting outside and was absorbed in his meditation. From about two hundred yards away, this yogi used his powers (which were well seasoned) on Baba ji. Baba ji didn't realised that the yogi was doing it. He was deep in meditation. Baba ji said that all of a sudden, a very sharp pain hit him near the heart, which worried him a little. He looked around and saw the yogi standing there. But he ignored him and devoured himself in simran again.

SECOND ENCOUNTER

The very next day, the yogi stood in the same place and tried to do the same thing again. Baba ji's concentration was broken once again. He looked around and realised that it was the same Naath from the day before. Again, he went straight back into his meditation.

THIRD ATTEMPT

On the following day the Naath tried it again. Baba ji saw him and realised that he wasn't going to back down from his efforts. He was applying all his efforts. In order to stop him, he looked at the yogi, and with single minded concentration and with his breath he said 'VA-HE-GU-RU' very loudly.

On saying the Gurmantr the first time, the yogi fell down to the ground. When he repeated 'VA-HE-GU-RU' the second time, the yogi was dragged forward four feet, almost like being tied with a rope and being pulled. When he did this the third time, the yogi was dragged forward again.

This time he began crying for mercy and asking to be blessed, he had made a mistake and he would never say anything to a Sikh saint again!!!

Baba ji said that he stopped repeating the Gurmantr like this and continued in his meditation as he was before. After a short while, the yogi got up and continually bowed down from a distance then went. After doing simran, Baba ji went to the place where the yogi had fallen. There were deep marks in the floor as if someone had forcibly scraped someone along the mud. His mind was fully convinced that the Gurmantr which Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji has given us is greater and more powerful than any other power.

Great is the Satguru who, as Bhai Gurdas Ji writes, has taken letters from the Mantrs from the four ages and has created the Great 'Vaheguru' Gurmantr and given it to His Gursikhs:

'Satjug Satgur Vaasdev Vavaa Vishnaa Naam Japaavai ||

Duapar Satgur Haree Krishan Haahaa Har Har Naam Japaavai ||

Threthai Satgur Raam Ji Raaraa Raam Japai Sukh Paavai ||

Kaljug Nanak Gur Govind Gagaa Gobind Naam Alaavai ||

Charay Jaagay Chou(n) Jugee Panchaain Vich Jaae Samaavai ||

Charo Ashar Ik Kar Vaheguru Jap Manthar Sunaavai ||

Jaha Thi Upjiaa Fir Thahaa Samaavai ||' Bhai Gurdas Ji // 1 Pauri 49

and from Sarab Loh Granth, Satguru Ji has given his Khalsa this great Mantr ....

'Saar Mantr Chaaro Ka Chaar || Vaheguru Mantr Nirdhaar ||

Kalap Kalap Prath Akhshar Kahee || Sri Guru Nanak Jaapyo Sahee ||

Nij Aatham Parmaatham Darasyo || Char Kalap Meh Mantr Sarsayo ||

Saa Mantr Prabh Khaalseh Dheenaa || Vaheguru Padh Paavan Keenaa ||' Sarab Loh Granth

taken from Se Kineya - 1st edition