Malkit Singh

Azaad

Thirteen Indians, including Bhangra artist Malkit Singh, have been awarded the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) by Britian's Queen Elizabeth-II in her New Year honours.

Two other Indians have also been awarded Order of the British Empire (OBE).

"I feel over the moon. It was a dream come true to be honoured by the Queen. It is an award not only for me, but for all our community and for India," Malkit Singh said.

Singh, who just returned from India, said he would perform on the eve of New Year in central London

The nominees for OBE awards are: Prof Rajvinder Singh Kandola, member, National Employment Panel and Chennakesavalu Rajagopal, medical practitioner, Ministry of Defence.

The recipients of MBEs are: Bhangra artist Malkit Singh, Subhash Anand, professor of Technical Textiles, University of Bolton, Kiran Bali, director, Yorkshire and Humber Faiths Forum, writer Debjani Chatterjee, Gurbachan Singh Dhinsa, vice-chairman, Greets Green New Deal for Communities, Sukhbinder Johan, chief executive, Culture East Midlands and physician Pradeep Balbir Khanna.

Arti Kumar, associate director, centre for excellence in teaching and learning, University of Bedfordshire, social activist Ranjan Dhirendra Manek, Bajrang Bahadur Mathur, chairman, Hillingdon Carers, Rajendra Rattan, dentist, Bromley Primary Care Trust, Ashwin Shah, general medical practitioner, Newham, London, and Amajit Talwar, chief executive, Punch Records have been awarded the British honour.

post-8943-1198967242.jpg

post-8943-1198967422.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes a homo

i hope you mean homo sapien, or species of human being. just because someone isn't amritdhari doesn't mean he deserves bad treatment.

malkit singh is a punjabi singer who promotes the punjabi language and culture. if you got a problem with that then don't listen to his songs. simple as that.

peace.

hes a homo

i hope you mean homo sapien, or species of human being. just because someone isn't amritdhari doesn't mean he deserves bad treatment.

malkit singh is a punjabi singer who promotes the punjabi language and culture. if you got a problem with that then don't listen to his songs. simple as that.

peace.

Promotes Panjabi culture and language? Doesnt exactly work like that bro, remember the song Tutak Tutak Tootian? It nearly got him killed in Panjab and he had to seek forgiveness from the Panjabi people.

Not to mention the Jujharoos also sent him a letter asking whether he would like to meet up 'Toothan Wallay Khoo Tay' LOL

hes a homo

peace.

Promotes Panjabi culture and language? Doesnt exactly work like that bro, remember the song Tutak Tutak Tootian? It nearly got him killed in Panjab and he had to seek forgiveness from the Panjabi people.

Not to mention the Jujharoos also sent him a letter asking whether he would like to meet up 'Toothan Wallay Khoo Tay' LOL

I never have and never will agree with those so called Kharkoos,who went around attacking pubs,alochol shops,barbers,singers and so on,on one hand we had the Indian army killing Sikhs then a few so called Kharkoos wasted time and resources on Singers and Pubs,thats another reason why the movement failed

I never have and never will agree with those so called Kharkoos,who went around attacking pubs,alochol shops,barbers,singers and so on,on one hand we had the Indian army killing Sikhs then a few so called Kharkoos wasted time and resources on Singers and Pubs,thats another reason why the movement failed

So you dont agree with mahaan Shaheeds such as Baba Gurbachan Singh Manochahal, General Labh Singh, Harjinder Singh Jinda etc?

Or were these Singhs just 'so-called' Kharkoos in your eyes?

For once I agree with you my brother

You speak sense!! :)

Our guru sahibs didn't tell us to sing about romance, girls, he told to only sing the hyms of guru granth or preach religion like dhadi vaar.

Neither Did Guru Nanak advocate bashing/killing other ppl "coz they sing about romance".

btw jsingh ji i cant be bothered to point out the most basic and obvious flaw in ur arguement.. i'll let someone else do that for me lol

yeah, i also agree with Sarpanch. sikhi is about, "live and let live", not about policing people's lives. real kharkoos protected the weak from the police, prevented beadbi of guru sahib and punished guilty police and gov't officials.

but people who went around as the Morals police and told people what color chunni and dastaar to wear and what songs they could listen to, well basically if you have ever gone to Punjab, you'll know that punjabi people don't put up with that taliban type nonsense. they basically say, assi jiddah marzi jeeieh, tusi ki theka liya ah?

its funny how the movement strated out as a human rights struggle for sikh rights in India and became a movement to enforce values and code of conduct on people. that is one of the reasons the movement failed. when the movement was strictly about protecting sikh life and property and fighting for equal rights, the whole of punjab was behind it, but when it became Taliban style, hey you have to wear kesri chunnis to school, all boys had to wear kesri dastaars, people were like, yo, you guys gotta go.

simple hard truths which may leave the very hardcore fanatics with some anger.

malkit singh has every right to sing and do what he does. just like all you people yell on the top of your lungs about freedom of expression and speech in engand and america, and then refuse to give those rights to people in punjab and in the punjabi community.

malkit never claimed to be a spokeperson for sikhi or a sikh role model.

you guys should concenetrate on people who call themselves the "pope of the sikhs"(Vedanti) and claim to represent the khalsa, and end up chilling at RSS functions.

as always go after something which has nothing to do with the sikh quam's problems. if malkit singh sings tootak tootak tootiyah, and you don't like it, don't listen to it. what you gotta force everyone and their mama to also not listen to it?

many of those kharkoos who did that stuff turned police cats and now probably listening to Miss Pooja while we're here arguing like fools.

anyways

peace.