Triangle In Turban

Guest Guest

Guest _some singh_
Three corners of the triangle represent Barma, Vishu & Shiva.

question: what about the people who wear a dhumalla with a trapazoid where the triangle is? what are the other 2 gods?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question: what about the people who wear a dhumalla with a trapazoid where the triangle is? what are the other 2 gods?

JASSA! Answer that MR. GEOMOETRY! Trapazoid Damaalay! Speak up mr. math.

Guest Gurdaaspur Beta

I think as the confused individual mentioned before it is Brhama, Vishnu, Shiva, and then for the trapazoid either John Lennon, or Bob Marley. One of those...maybe the hindu name guy knows.

The singhs in vancouver tie the turban with a very large triangle because it is a geographical identifier. The size of the triangle for singhs in england is extermely small. The ones in india do not wear a fifty, or as those in california and jane/finch would say: "fidy."There is actually a booklet with measurements of different turban triangles which identify the different areas where the turban derives from geographically. Someone has the book in india. So in conclusitivity, the size of the triangle is an identifier of where the individual comes from.

lol my thia said that a nihung singh once told him that...

'The triangle was brought in by a Sikh Maharaja back in the day. He brought in this style because although he was Kesdhari, he still drank, ate meat and did other things frowned upon within Sikhi. He felt that he should not cut his hair yet he was in a dilemma because he knew if he did al these things he would disgrace the dastaar gifted to us. So he changed the style from gol/damalla to the triangle one.'

I think that's how he told it lol and it probably isn't true but I like it. tongue.gif

OKAY! Enough with the negativity. Let us focus on finding this book in India which speaks of the history of the triangle of the turban. If we can locate this-IMAGINE the possibilities!

Guest Curious Singh

Right you are! If this book is found, just imagine how many things will be revealed, my mind boggles at the possibilities. This is the Sikh version of National Treasure, and my friend YOU are the one who was chosen for this quest. May waheguru be with you.

Right you are! If this book is found, just imagine how many things will be revealed, my mind boggles at the possibilities. This is the Sikh version of National Treasure, and my friend YOU are the one who was chosen for this quest. May waheguru be with you.

Singhni, I do not think that it will be the easiest task finding the book. Maybe if you take down my contact information, we can some how the develop a strategy or perhaps we will take this mission amongst ourselves and then present it to the AKAL TAKTH! Imagine how impressed the Sikh world would be!

You and me...please send me a message with your contact information as I can arrange for a flight to India.

Guest Phulka please

Singhni, I do not think that it will be the easiest task finding the book. Maybe if you take down my contact information, we can some how the develop a strategy or perhaps we will take this mission amongst ourselves and then present it to the AKAL TAKTH! Imagine how impressed the Sikh world would be!

You and me...please send me a message with your contact information as I can arrange for a flight to India.

Are you kidding me!?!?!?! AND PLEASE... to the following individuals: B4ND4, Papi v2.0, and wjkk wjkf, if you would like to drop some knowledge on these national treasure folks, the book is NOT in INDIA> I REPEAT, NOT IN INDIA. Do not waste yo money and book at ticket to INDIA!

lol I can't believe you would think that.

Send me a message or any of the other folks of this forum if u really wanna know where the book is at. And this book also has a finger print of a famous Sikh.