I Cant Wear A Dastaarrrrrr

Guest jastmai

and now we have someone trying to cause problems. what the questioning smiley for? all the person is saying is it was not a requirment, but she still wants to wear it. hope that answered your "questioning"

AKAL!

I wasn't questioning anything. I was thinking about what they said. Don't I have the right to ponder things?

im guessing their just letting everyone know that since thier amritdhari and still dont wear keski/dastaar yet thier not doing anything wrong since its not thier kakaar/rehit..? i dunno lol :D

It doesn't matter if ur gettin discouraged.. if people are discouraging you then that shows you how little they know of sikhi and now narrowminded they can be... If you feel u want to wear a dastaar, then wear one... maybe the next samagam you go to, you can ask sum1 there to teach you... perhaps there mite be a keski/dastaar wearing bibi that can help you... if not, jus get one of the singhs to help you..

don't ever let anybody discourage you in your path of spirituality...

Bless..

Guest GO TO PERSON

I've been proposing an Akhand Keertan barber shop to our gurdwara committee. this way individuals tying a dastar can sikh help....(seek...do you get it?!?)

I know a lot of bibis in the toronto area that tie nice dastars and kheskis and i know they have helped some of the singhs advanced in their personal appearance as well.

if you want my advice, which most people do....then i think you should picture that one individual that you always look forward to seeing at the next kirtan program while you're tying your dastar. BELIEVE me, you will get it right the first time then, lol

tie a patka or something similar before u tie ur dastaar, as this way the dastaar wont slip. just keep trying, it takes time to get the right shape one is after. my dastaar used to look like i was from the early 1900's when i first started wearing it. it took about 6 months for my dastaar to look decent lol.