Doubts And Clarifications In Bani

besoft

Guru Jis Siphai, firstly the bani is by sri guru nanak dev ji. Secondly the context of the tuk is a referal to a gurmukh, the highest state of mind from sant,sadhu,bhagat,brahamgyani. Thirdly gurbani explains WHO is a gurmukh one who has sehaj, one whose mind goes into 10sm akaash, one who is in prakash 24/7.

Thirdly if we apply NAAD to the guru it wouldnt make sense because NAAD is something the mind gets attached to and is GIVEN by the guru:

jw kI idsit nwd ilv lwgY ]1] rhwau ]

jaa kee dhisatt naadh liv laagai ||1|| rehaao ||

by His Glance of Grace, we are lovingly attuned to the Sound-current of the Naad. ||1||Pause||

Bhagat Kabeer Ji

Siree Raag

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Jis Siphai, firstly the bani is by sri guru nanak dev ji. Secondly the context of the tuk is a referal to a gurmukh, the highest state of mind from sant,sadhu,bhagat,brahamgyani. Thirdly gurbani explains WHO is a gurmukh one who has sehaj, one whose mind goes into 10sm akaash, one who is in prakash 24/7.

Thirdly if we apply NAAD to the guru it wouldnt make sense because NAAD is something the mind gets attached to and is GIVEN by the guru:

jw kI idsit nwd ilv lwgY ]1] rhwau ]

by His Glance of Grace, we are lovingly attuned to the Sound-current of the Naad. ||1||Pause||

Bhagat Kabeer Ji

Siree Raag

I think I shall have to repeat the question and then you may reply.

gurmuiK nwdM gurmuiK vydM gurmuiK rihAw smweI ] (2-8, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

guru eIsru guru gorKu brmw guru pwrbqI mweI ] (2-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.

In the Bani it is stated [2-8] that gurmukh Naaadam, gurmukh vedam , gurmukh rahia samai.

[ Guru Is ..

Guru is ..

[..

and [2-9]

guru is isher,

guru gorakh barma

guru is Parvati maye.

Guru means here the GOD. Hence Isher, Brahma and Parvati mai are all guru.

The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

Firstly the pankti says GURMUKH not GURU and here is the definition of GURMUKH:

"gurmukh andar sahaj hai man chadhya dasve akaas. tithe oongh na bhukh hai har amrit naam sukh vaas. nanak dukh sukh vyapat nahin jithe aatam raam pargaas."

now apply that pankti to a gurmukh as guru nanak dev ji is describing the status of a gurmukh. he is attached to naad, his bachan is equivalent of veda and he is always smaeya (merged).

Guru Jis Siphai, firstly the bani is by sri guru nanak dev ji.

Did I say otherwise?

Secondly the context of the tuk is a referal to a gurmukh, the highest state of mind from sant,sadhu,bhagat,brahamgyani.

Gur Easer Gur Gorakh Bharma Gur, Paarbati Mai

Thirdly gurbani explains WHO is a gurmukh one who has sehaj, one whose mind goes into 10sm akaash, one who is in prakash 24/7.

Care to clarify?

Dont understand - You're again dissecting poetry of love using literal meanings/logic.. It doesnt WORK!

Definition of a gurmukh:

"gurmukh andar sahaj hai man chadhya dasve akaas. tithe oongh na bhukh hai har amrit naam sukh vaas. nanak dukh sukh vyapat nahin jithe aatam raam pargaas."

references to naad:

anehadh baanee naadh vajaaeiaa ||3||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Aasaa

Bhagat Kabeer Ji

Siree Raag

Firstly the pankti says GURMUKH not GURU and here is the definition of GURMUKH:

now apply that pankti to a gurmukh as guru nanak dev ji is describing the status of a gurmukh. he is attached to naad, his bachan is equivalent of veda and he is always smaeya (merged).

Thanks,

May be you are correct but the next line [2-9]Jap ji sahib states

Gur Ishar guru gorakh Barma Guru Parbati maye..

How will this line be translated.

Guru is Ishwar

GuruIs gorakh Barma

Guru is Parbati maye.

It is the correct translation as per the general understanding.

let us start.

DOUBT NO1.

guru eIsru guru gorKu brmw guru pwrbqI mweI ] (2-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi.

Doubt 1:

gurmukh: Guru’s mouth, implies God’s word, nadang: tune or song, vedang: implies spiritual knowledge, samaaee: prevails

so the translation is:

God’s word is the Eternal Song, God’s word is the Divine Knowledge, God’s word prevails everywhere.

does not mean "Guru's Word is Wisdom of the Vedas"..

Doubt 2:

God is in Shiva, God is in Vishnu and in Brahma, God is in Parvati and other goddesses. God is one, though we have given Him many names. If you read on it says "Gura Ek Deh Bujjhaee, Sabhnaa Jeea Ka EKO Daataa, So Mai Visar Na Jaee"

Saying that there is God in Everybody; Hindu's gave those names as Gods/Goddesses, but at the end of the day there's only ONE God.

God's word is Gurbani... "Bani Guru, Guru Hai Bani".. Gurbani is the link between Akaal Purakh and Man..

apologies if i've mistaken anywhere...

Vaheguruuu!!

I will be doing some khoj on this pankti before replying to you veer ji, please take a look at some of the other replies and my suggestion to that link i have provided

Thanks friend for your help.We have spent two days on the Doubt-1. I am postinng the following Pangtis from Jap ji sahib. Kindly explain the meaning of the colored line in the context of Hukum.How is that 'Ego' and Hukum have relation. I shall be grateful. It shall be very helpful.

Doubt No.2

ieknw hukmI bKsIs ieik hukmI sdw BvweIAih ] (1-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.

hukmY AMdir sBu ko bwhir hukm n koie ] (1-9, jpu, mÚ 1)

Everyone is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.

nwnk hukmY jy buJY q haumY khY n koie ]2] (1-10, jpu, mÚ 1)

O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego. ||2||

Kindly number your answer as AD2[answer to doubt no.2]

Regards to all.

nwnk hukmY jy buJY q haumY khY n koie ]2] (1-10, jpu, mÚ 1)

O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego. ||2||

lets first understand wot hukum is, gurbani says 'iko naam hukum hai' - the naam is hukum. now the mind that has 'buj' (grasped,known,realised,come to know) this naam in other words has this NAAM has understood and accepted his hukum, How?

gurbani says: jinee guramukh naam dhhiaaeiaa vichahu aap gavaae || Guru Amar Daas Ji, Siree Raag, 28

On the other hand gurbani says: GURMUKH JINI NAAM NAAH BUJYA MAAR JAAMI AAVO JAI (those gurmukhs that dont 'buj' this naam will come and go in reincarnation)

So you want to become gurmukh then we must go here:

thrai gun maaeiaa mohu hai guramukh chouthhaa padh paae ||

The three qualities hold people in attachment to Maya. The Gurmukh attains the fourth state of higher consciousness.

Guru Amar Daas Ji

Siree Raag