Doubts And Clarifications In Bani

besoft

This would be Doubt #3, by the way:

I think what its saying is that everything happens according to Akal Purakhs Hukam (Will)... so we can't be egotistical and say "I did this", "it was because of me"... we have to let go of this 'I', 'ME', 'MY' stuff (let go of ego) and remember that we don't "do" anything... everything works by the hands of Akal Purakh... HE gives us the strength to do things.. HE gives us knowledge.... HE gives us everything... we don't have any 'power' to do anything..

AwKix joru cupY nh joru ] joru n mMgix dyix n joru ] joru n jIvix mrix nh joru ] joru n rwij mwil min soru ] joru n surqI igAwin vIcwir ] joru n jugqI CutY sMswru ] ijsu hiQ joru kir vyKY soie ] nwnk auqmu nIcu n koie ]33]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be Doubt #3, by the way:

I think what its saying is that everything happens according to Akal Purakhs Hukam (Will)... so we can't be egotistical and say "I did this", "it was because of me"... we have to let go of this 'I', 'ME', 'MY' stuff (let go of ego) and remember that we don't "do" anything... everything works by the hands of Akal Purakh... HE gives us the strength to do things.. HE gives us knowledge.... HE gives us everything... we don't have any 'power' to do anything..

AwKix joru cupY nh joru ] joru n mMgix dyix n joru ] joru n jIvix mrix nh joru ] joru n rwij mwil min soru ] joru n surqI igAwin vIcwir ] joru n jugqI CutY sMswru ] ijsu hiQ joru kir vyKY soie ] nwnk auqmu nIcu n koie ]33]

I think you are right i.e till we think that what is being done is done by me then there is ego.If we think that everything is as per hIS wish then ego dies,.OK,.

Thanks

Doubt No.3 [D3]

suAsiq AwiQ bwxI brmwau ] (4-16, jpu, mÚ 1)

I bow to the Lord of the World, to His Word, to Brahma the Creator.

What is the meaning of the above line .It is from Jap ji sahib. Is Brahma the creator ? [as per the above line, I am missing something..but I am quoting from the bani...]

Kindly Mark your answer as AD3[answer to doubt 3]]

Thanks.

Doubt #3

suasth: victory to You, salutation, aath: worldly things called ‘Maya’ (i.e. everything, the world), baani: holy word, implies shabad or God’s Name, barmao: Hindu god of creation named Brahma, implies the Creator

"I salute You, the Creator of all (the world) and the Holy Word (shabad)."

you have to remember, the majority of the people in india were hindu (and some muslim)... so Guru sahib wrote in a way that the people would be able to understand... this is one way hindu's especially try to 'trick' Sikhs to say that Sikhs are hindus... but its not tru...

Hindu's give diff Gods different Characteristics... But we kno that Satguru Maharaj is EVERYTHING, does not jus have one characteristic... in bani Guru Sahib is sayin that 'Akaal Purakh, you are brahma, vishnu, shiva etc... all together... Akaal Purakh you are everything'

just to add from last post..

dyvwn dyv ] aupmw mhwn ]89]

God is worshipped by all the gods. God's appreciations are inestimable. (89)

ieMdRwn ieMdR ] bwlwn bwl ]

God is King of indra. God is the Greatest of the great.

all of Jaap Sahib is praising the Glory of Akaal Purakh...

suAsiq AwiQ bwxI brmwau ] (4-16, jpu, mÚ 1)

Thank you for stating/confirming that Brahma is stated to be the Creator.I think that you should be clear and specific and should not give your own opinion as Bani is Nirankaar. Why should we feel shy from giving the exact translation.?

I am grateful .You may kindly confirm again if the bani has stated that Brahma was the creator.

SAT Sri Akal,

We have to understand that there is 1 Guru only and that is God. There is no other Guru.

Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Parvati were all eternal Sat-Gurus however for all of them their own own Internal Guru was 1 God.

There is only one Guru that is sitting in the hearts of each and everyone of us and that is GOD.

We need a True Eternal Guru e.g. Sat-Guru Ji's to help us connect to our own inner satguru. that is why in SGGS ji its mentioned everywhere about the importance of satguru ji in our daily lives. This is because it is almost impossible to connect to our Inner Guru by ourselves.

Everytime we are about to do something bad, something we shouldn't do...you get inner call immediately telling you not to do it...that is your Inner Guru telling you not to do it...now you can listen to the Guru and not do it and you will be happy, but if you listen to your own EGO and do it then one day or another you shall pay for it.

Now, if we can connect to our own Inner Guru's by ourselves, we dont need no outer guru. There is no need because the guru is already sitting in your heart giving you commands each and every sec but 99.9% of the times we are lost in our own Ego. So, that is why need a True Eternal Guru (The one Who has fully realised his Internal Guru(GOD) and his facing the guru not his own matt (5 evils), because hes the true gurmukh and its then There is no difference between God and him because every single thing done by him is done by GOD. So GOD comes to earth in physical body when the body becomes sat-guru.

For example you are reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji to guide you spiritually, but there is already your own internal guru (GOD) sitting in your heart, if you can understand him and follow it, you wont need a outer-guru. But since 99.99% of us cant do that, we need help, guidance and blessings from a Eternal Sat Guru.

So all the Guru's of the past e.g. hindu guru's, Sikhs guru's 10 guru sahibans, other religions. They might be different Guru's by their names, physical body, we may know them as different person but truly they are not because it is all 1 GOD within them that is the True Guru. So There is only 1 jyot that is sitting within their hearts and that is same jyot within us. But Sat-Guru have realised the Truth of their existence, that they are GOD not this mind and we are lost in 5 evils.

i hope this answers your questions,

forgive for any mistakes,

this is my own belief, every1 has their own belief so forgive if i cause offence to anyone

ad3

as usual thanks for wonderful explanation.I am convinced that each and everyone mentioned in bani as guru is guru. Most of them had realised the god. However, shiva , parvati ,vishnu all will be like our gurus sahibs who had attained the god .Their status would be of gurus.

With this I shall stop this doubt and by evening I shall post my doubt .

Regards to all.

bhul chk maf

ad3

as usual thanks for wonderful explanation.I am convinced that each and everyone mentioned in bani as guru is guru. Most of them had realised the god. However, shiva , parvati ,vishnu all will be like our gurus sahibs who had attained the god .Their status would be of gurus.

With this I shall stop this doubt and by evening I shall post my doubt .

Regards to all.

bhul chk maf

You're truly blessed. Keep this thirst for GOD, GURU up and one day you will find the truth. Keep searching for the Truth and one day Truth will reveal itself to you.

D4-Doubt-4

suixAY eIsru brmw ieMdu ] (2-18, jpu, mÚ 1)

Listening-Shiva, Brahma and Indra.

suixAY muiK swlwhx mMdu ] (2-19, jpu, mÚ 1)

Listening-even foul-mouthed people praise Him.

suixAY jog jugiq qin Byd ] (2-19, jpu, mÚ 1)

Listening-the technology of Yoga and the secrets of the body.

suixAY swsq isimRiq vyd ] (2-19, jpu, mÚ 1)

Listening-the Shaastras, the Simritees and the Vedas.

nwnk Bgqw sdw ivgwsu ] (2-19, jpu, mÚ 1)

D4

The above is also taken from Jap ji Sahib ji.

The Tuks start from 'Suniaye'. As I am told it means that with every tuk Suniaye would mean :on listening to Naam or on Contemplating on Naam one attains achieves the quallities of Shiva, Indra and Brahma etc. Likewise....last line On contemplating Naam one acquires the wisdom of shastras and smirities.

Kindly confirm if it is correct.

D5.

Why it is that most of Hindu Gods are stated in the Bani.

D6.

By including Shastras and Vedas it means guru sahibs are praising the knowledge contained in these scriptures.

You may kindly answer as ad4,ad5,ad6...etc.It will be helpful for me to find out as to which answer belongs to which particular question.

Regards to all.