Who Is A Gurmukh

OhTwadi

uru's hukam is Guru ji's bachan. You are doing vichaar on Guru ji's Hukam here. Thats actually already a step to obeying Guru ji.! I did not need a middle man to tell me this. You may need some guide from sangat and or from books but the rest is 'intuition' ie Guru ji's kirpa, pass kamaee etc.

I dont understand...guru ji's hukum is guru jis bachan..please find some gurbani to back this up because we read: DHUN MUN DHAN SAAB SAUP GUR KO HUKUM MANIYA PAEYA (when we give the guru these 3 things then we obey his hukum)...and then i further explained how this is done.

books and bhagati ...books wont tell you how to rise above trigun only poora guru can and our poora guru is shabad guru.

To the previous post above the one quoted I am going to leave it as no comment.

Guru ji's bachan means divine word. .

There is Akal purakhs command that controls the universe, sky etc etc. And Gurbani is also Akal Purakhs divine command ie Hukam.

To get to B from A we need to understand and obey certain commands.

Oh good you do now agree that Gurbani ie Shabad Guru is what we need not a middle men!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "middle men".

The term 'middle men' here is used in a mocking context. Gurbani calls those that have awn jaana (coming and going) from his desh (world) are his harjaan, pyaari, goli, chaakar. They are his servants.

Now the question is raised why the need for guidence from his servants. We say to ourselves we've got gurbani, no need for anything else. We say that we accept the gurus hukum etc. But What is the hukum? Lets discuss.

Gurbani says Trigun Saaba Dhaat Hai Par Par Kari Veechar, Mukt Kaaba Naa Hovei Naa Paen Maukh Dwaar - In this trigun, there is only 'dhaat' you can read all the bani you want and do as many veechar as you want BUT you will never find MUKTI nor the MUTK DWAAR.

Then we ask ourselves, well what shall we do gurbani says then if u want to understand me come to the nijghar:

Eh Hi Bani Mahapurkhan Ki Nijghar Vaasa Hoe

Now we think BUT we don't goto the nijghar then this is where the need for one who has coming and going from the nijghar. First Guru nanak dev ji guided those there, then guru angad dev ji and third guru was so dyaal he gave hukum to the sant who is at nijghar to guide those there:

"Kahaiy Nanak suno Santo katheo kath khanee." p-918

Now the question is raised how do they do this. The servant of god, the sant will tell you what gurbani says, they will do aarth (meanings) of gurbani that are from the 4th state, not from the trigun (rajo, sato, tamo). They will tell you how to play this game and then we are to do the practical, how to overcome the trigun etc.

It is easy to paste lines of gurbani but actually understanding it thats a whole different ball game. Think of it like this the translations we read on line are done by a person right? But we accept them. We never ask the person doing the translations where is that mind is it in the trigun or chautha paad.

Oh good you do now agree that Gurbani ie Shabad Guru is what we need not a middle men!

Define "middle men".

Veerji before you tell me to 'grow up' please read all the post in this thread.!

Please refer to this post http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=321806

to understand why my remarks have been made.

UKGUPT KAUR,

If I had your attitude, i would want to remain gupt too. Grow up!

Re: " Is this what "Tarmala" is teaching you?"

What attitude are you talking about? Its a straight forward question with NO hidding meaning.