sat sangat and sadh sangat

satsangat and sadhsangat are used almost interchangeably in bani, so to say theres two different types of sangats is a bit weird.

thats like saying if I go to one gurudwara, its sat sangat, but i go to taksali gurudwara while baba thakur singh is visiting, thats sadh sangat.. one gurudwara is better than another?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

satsangat and sadhsangat are used almost interchangeably in bani, so to say theres two different types of sangats is a bit weird.

thats like saying if I go to one gurudwara, its sat sangat, but i go to taksali gurudwara while baba thakur singh is visiting, thats sadh sangat.. one gurudwara is better than another?

well the SadhSangat is the SatSangat, because the Sangat of the Sadh is the True Sangat. Now Satsangat where only a group of people gather to do simran/kirtan Meditate, that cannot be called a SadhSangat because there is no Guru there. Now this goes back to my question 99% of the time where a group of Devotees gather The Guru Granth Sahib is there, would u still consider that Satsangat or Sadhsangat?? If it is a Sadhsangat then every gurudwara visit is a visit to teh SadhSangat.

Its not the question of who of what type is better, it is simply classification. Both of them have their own Potency. Lets not get into that.

Now Satsangat where only a group of people gather to do simran/kirtan Meditate, that cannot be called a SadhSangat because there is no Guru there.

WHAT?!?! That makes no sense!

GURU IS EVERYWHERE

GUR MERE SANG SADA HAI NALE..

Im talking about the Physical presence of the Sadh/Guru. Not the non-physical, ofcourse the guru is everywhere.

Interms of how the Sat and Sadh Sangat is concerned. Maybe there isn't a difference, i don't know, but

If i am at someones house with 20 people doing simran is that still a SadhSangat?? If you belive so then in the non-physical world yes the Sadh/Guru is everpresent, but without the Physical presence of the Guru Granth Sahib or another Master how is it considered a SadhSangat. Would that not fall under the category of SatSangat?? The True Sangat, for we are chanting the name of the Truth.

HOpe that made kinds sorta sense....

I was getting at the same point as pheena

many times a year we have sants and sadhus come and partake food at our house and give us vidiya and explain how to do naam and the concept of the lord. this is what i refer to as sadh sangat the sangat of sadhus.

i regard satsangat as being in the gurdwara or wherever the guru sahib has physical presence.

i am not denying that gurusahib is everywhere as god is in the form of sargun nirgun and gur shabad saroop.

this is sadhsangat the sangat of sadhus