Flights To Amritsar From Uk

singh1986

vjkk vjkf

flights r expensive this time

erm, air salvakia (cant spell) thts a gd flight, it will be about £500ish tho.

i love air india, ppl HATE IT cuz they always delay... welll those ppl are silly,,,, u cant blame bad weather can u? tongue.gif and they delayed my flight last year!!! but hey i had an extra day in india nihungsmile.gif and the best bit.... they sat me in FIRST CLASS nihungsmile.gif

lol, on a serious note, ask around travel agents, sanga travel in smethiwck are good.

vjkk vjkf

You've got to be joking, I just got back from Amritsar after flying with this joke of an airline air india.It was delyaed both ends and due to them allowing overbooking on the internet left right and centre they make an even a bigger mess of things. I was on a flight to lon-del-atq and at Delhi they advised they have no seats on the plane to amritsar, this has been happenning every other day this month. What a joke, I argued for 2 hours with them and got myslef a taxi fully paid to Punjab and so did the 40 others who were also told " no seat on plan to amritsar. All i can say please stay well clear of this stupid joke of an cattle classs airline!!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any cheap recommendations?

thinking of traveling in First 2 weeks of March and return in first 2 weeks of April.

I cant seem to find any good deals :@ ... why is travelling to Amritsar so over priced compared to Delhi?

.....Turkmenistan Airlines and Uzbekistan Airways are the two cheaper options, but they are not direct flights, the first stops in Askhabad, and the second in Tashkent, also not very nice airlines to travel in. Been on Air India a few times, luckily was delayed only once and only by around 2hours, as from what Dhaas has heard it can get delayed for much much longer. It has the advantage over Turkmenistan Airlines and Uzbekistan Airways in that it is a direct flight from Birmingham to Amritsar, but its reputation is tarnished due to its regular long delays. Dhaas would say that Jet Airways is probably the best out of the few flights that go to Amritsar, it is also direct from London to Amritsar, no delays and very good to travel in. You will find Air India and Jet Airways are a little more booked than the others due to higher demand, so will need to book in advance.....Go for Jet Airways if you get the required seats availability, and if the ticket cost is within your budget.....

The other reason they r so expensive is cos the Indian Government will not release routes to Amritsar. They will only give routes to whom they want. BA and Virgin been trying for a while from what i can gather.

That is very true. Dhaas knows Virgin Atlantic has been trying for some time now for a route from London to Amritsar. The demand is obviously there. Will be good if the Government gives it to them (and British Airways).

Just got back from the not so glorious Punjab. I flew Jet Airways. Flight was good and on time.

We should campaign for more flights to Amritsar, I mean you can go to America for like 250£ so why shouldnt we be allowed to go to India for a relativly cheap amount.