Sikh Billionaires

mandeep99

Dear MiriPiri,

This is not an attack but do you think its better to test on humans? or not test at all and start taking drugs ? I'm just looking for an opinion, I repeat this is not an attack on ur views, I just want justification cuz i don't see another way... may b i'm just blind..help?

And for Singhavelli, hes just simply against rich ppl..lol... although I do agree that, that much maya will probably have some adverse effects on ur jeevan... but then again being poor cud equally be as adverse (drug abuse n all)... the only way these guys can be good role models is telling kids n youth that working hard will get u somewher... thats all... n i guess thats important part of life

Dear MiriPiri,

This is not an attack but do you think its better to test on humans? or not test at all and start taking drugs ? I'm just looking for an opinion, I repeat this is not an attack on ur views, I just want justification cuz i don't see another way... may b i'm just blind..help?

And for Singhavelli, hes just simply against rich ppl..lol... although I do agree that, that much maya will probably have some adverse effects on ur jeevan... but then again being poor cud equally be as adverse (drug abuse n all)... the only way these guys can be good role models is telling kids n youth that working hard will get u somewher... thats all... n i guess thats important part of life

To be honest, I'm not sure what we can ascertain from Sikhi with regards to animal testing. Also, I am not sure about how much animal testing is about drug companies tryign to get drugs out to market ASAP to maximise profits, as opposed to buildign up potency of drugs by slowly testign on humans first, which I guess would take longer.

From a totally non-Sikh view, I suppose you can say it's better to test on animals than humans. That's fair enough.

I was just pondering what we shoudl think from a Sikhi view.

As for these guys, the fact they chose to be pictured and featured in a billionaires showcase article (I'm assuming htey did otherwise they would ask for their mention or their photos to be removed), shows that they have too much ego, attachment to money, and pride in their wealth.

THe person that springs to mind to me is Bill Gates. He is so rich, but also does so much good with his wealth in terms of the most deadly diseases for the poorest people, e.g. AIDS and Malaria in the 3rd world. So good can come from mega wealth accumulation, so not an easy topic to discuss. Which is why I said it's hard to judge these people straight off. Forgive me if they are actually good Sikhs. Not that I am one to judge. :@

Dear MiriPiri,

To be honest, I'm not sure what we can ascertain from Sikhi with regards to animal testing. Also, I am not sure about how much animal testing is about drug companies tryign to get drugs out to market ASAP to maximise profits, as opposed to buildign up potency of drugs by slowly testign on humans first, which I guess would take longer.

From a totally non-Sikh view, I suppose you can say it's better to test on animals than humans. That's fair enough.

I was just pondering what we shoudl think from a Sikhi view.

As for these guys, the fact they chose to be pictured and featured in a billionaires showcase article (I'm assuming htey did otherwise they would ask for their mention or their photos to be removed), shows that they have too much ego, attachment to money, and pride in their wealth.

THe person that springs to mind to me is Bill Gates. He is so rich, but also does so much good with his wealth in terms of the most deadly diseases for the poorest people, e.g. AIDS and Malaria in the 3rd world. So good can come from mega wealth accumulation, so not an easy topic to discuss. Which is why I said it's hard to judge these people straight off. Forgive me if they are actually good Sikhs. Not that I am one to judge. :@

they don't have ego's and its ok to share with the world your success story, i don't think its their ego and they weren't interviewed or anything the article just talks about them, their not jumping up and saying look at me

Hahah I am not against rich people. However, I do believe in equal distribution of wealth.

When it comes to pharmaceutical companies, I see the economics of it as being very simple, they are a drug dealing business. Lets be critical, these companies do NOT cure their customers and they're goal is NOT to cure anyone. They are a BUSINESS and generation of Capital is their goal. To eliminate disease, sickness, etc would be counter productive for them, whereas increasing chemical dependancy benefits them.

If you havent noticed they have a pill for almost everything these days, when you can easily use natural alternatives. The sad part is that every pill has side effects, which in turn can be helped with the use of another pill lol.

It's not difficult to understand, if pharmaceutical companies researched for cures and provided cures, they would eliminate their market and it would be bad for business. But if they can create more side effects and create pills for everything, which in turn leads to the dependency of their customers on the pill to "stay healthy" this increases their profit and is good for business.

Regardless, my concern is with how our community puts so much emphasis on monetary wealth as a measure of success. Look at how quickly this post was made, in regards to these individuals being good role models based on no knowledge other then the fact that they were RICH.

im not a socilist i believe in competition, and don't believe in equal distribution of wealth i believe ppl who work hard at right things deserve it, ive seen sikhs come to canada knowing 11 words of english get wealthy just by working hard at right things.

should they have to share their wealth with ppl born in canada with all the oppurtunity's but refuse to work hard enough to use them.

Also should punjab distribute its water equally with rajastan hayrana

But i believe ppl who are successfull at what they do make good role models because they show ppl what a person can accomplish if they put their mind to it, i believe god has given everyone limitless amount of potentials and ppl who succeed help inspire ppl to do the same and start making most of their potential.

To me i believe we are in desperate need of role models, especially in punjab were half the youth are on drugs, and in the west to pave the way for other sikhs.