Hinduism Will Eventually Swallow Sikhism

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

People who say Sikhi is being swallowed by Hinduism, should be ashamed of themselves, especially when Guru Ji's sacrificed (Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru Har Krishan Ji and Guru Teg Bahadur Ji) for humanity sake and not to mentioned Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the king of kings, who gave all his family for the sake of Khalsa Panth. Not to mention all those beloved Gursikhs who laid down their lives for us, so that we have no hardship in the future and can live proudly as SIKHS.

DO NOT FORGET THIS!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole post is an utter waste of time. Believe what you want to believe, but you are completely wrong in so many respects. Sikhi has been going strong for a couple of centuries. The population of sikhs in the world has only grown since Sikhi's inception, so why should it go down now? As said earlier, Khalsa is eternal, and the original post smacks of a pessimistic and extreme view of Sikhi's status today. 

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

WJKK WJKF,

Thanks for everyone's time and responses. I made this post because I accept Sikhi the religion may be flourishing but Sikhi the avastha(Sikhi is not a religion its a state of mind) is all but dead. The first step to curing an evil is to admit that we have one among ourselves. How many of us who have

(i) Studied / are studying Guru Granth Sahib cover to cover.

(ii) Have an avastha like bhai Mani Singh/ jathe Gurdev Singh Konke / Jaswant singh khalra's or other gurmukhs where their band band will be chopped and they wont flinch.

(iii) Engaged in asking for padarths from Guru Sahib

(iv) How many of us were tyar bar tyar and decided to go to darfur and defend the meek.

Das has written an article about how we all can make a difference - http://www.sikhpassion.com/?q=youngSikhsRevolution lets join forces to bring about a revolution. You can register at the website to make your comments.

Personally, I am working on an innovative software which when accepted in software companies will generate 2000$ per license and we will use that money to take street kids off indian streets . These kids will then be provided education in a boarding shcool envrionment which will also impart gurmat education - gurmat sangeet, gatka, horse riding . I hope many of them will become professionals and at the same time parcharaks of their own will.

Veer MS,

I believe puratan sikhi that McAuliffe was a witness to is already extinct - whatever remaining gurmukhs we had chose to accept shaheedi during 84-94 ghallughara.

Guru Gobind Singh said not to have any rishta with Kurimaars but Punjab is the world's female infanticide capital. How many punjabis actually treat daughters and sons the same even in 21st century?

Lowest of the low,

When i say Bani doesn't try to be politically correct - I mean it states the truth as it is and doesn't try to please everyone. So its a positive aspect but I still apologize for having offended you in any way.

Rupinder,

I agree the title is overly pessimistic but thats something coming straight from my heart. But lets all start working together and in an year or less I will make another post about how Sikhs are coming back to true sikhi.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, what a stupid observation? No body could beat our Guru Ji's and this <banned word filter activated> is observing that Sikhi will be absorbed, what a ******* joke! lol!

What a nonsense post.

Veer Hardeep and lovekhalistan, Thanks for all your love and support. I am in no position to advise you but Fareed ji says - "fareeda bure ka kar bhala, gussa man na handaye". Even if i am evil/ignorant/'idiotic' - name calling will not bring me or anyone else around to your point of view and we should not easily give in to Krodh. But I think you are you going by "murkhai naal na loojhiye" and have chosen to shut this moorakh up through one liners. Either ways I respect your standpoint.

People who say Sikhi is being swallowed by Hinduism, should be ashamed of themselves, especially when Guru Ji's sacrificed (Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru Har Krishan Ji and Guru Teg Bahadur Ji) for humanity sake and not to mentioned Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the king of kings, who gave all his family for the sake of Khalsa Panth. Not to mention all those beloved Gursikhs who laid down their lives for us, so that we have no hardship in the future and can live proudly as SIKHS.

DO NOT FORGET THIS!

Yes Hardeep, I am ashamed of myself for having done jack other than posting on these forums but believe me veere I am trying to make a difference ,if only we can all join forces and throw biparvaad out of sikhi once and for all.

Das has written an article about how we all can make a difference - http://www.sikhpassion.com/?q=youngSikhsRevolution lets join forces to bring about a revolution. You can register at the website to make your comments.
(i) Discard castist last names - upon being asked your got - answer your ancestors were the lowest of low castes but ever since they embraced khalsa they didnt have a caste any more. Refuse to participate in a discussion where caste is mentioned.

(Jo sikh kee puche jaat oh nahin mera sikh aad jugaad - GGS)

(ii) Join Amnesty/Human Rights watch or some other human rights group and bring to their knowledge all that was done to our people - a few thousand sikhs are still languishing in Indian jails without trial. (Upon request I can provide you with a power point presentation ).

(iii) Donate blood regularly and organize doantion drives with help of your local sangat. Also be ready for bone marrow / lung donation (for people suffering from CF ) (Mithya tan nahee parupkaraa - A body that is not altruistic is false ). Bone marrow registry for your country can be found at

http://www.givemarrow.net/OtherCountriesRegistry.asp

The first ritual that we should perofrm after a sikh soul departs body is organ donation.

(iv) Do your dasbandh - Sponsor a child of a sikh shaheed. http://www.guraasra.com/ Other similar trusts are bhai dharam singh and mata gujari. (sukh hovat sukh det )

(v) Organize Free English classes for new immigrants at the local gurughar . Most of us have the advantage of knowing both punjabi and english. I personally believe gurughars should be community centers where people can learn gurmat philosophy, gurmat sangeet, sikh and other martial arts, yoga and may also provide affordable day care.

(vi) Start meditating on Ek Onkar in harmony with your breathing (I will post more on this technique in a seperate post). (sass sass simrat

raha nanak daan paye)

(vii) Make gurmat research a mission of your life and share your findings with others. Study Guru Granth Sahib cover to cover. Pick up banis - asa di //, keertan sohila, sukhmani sahib etc and study them as if you were to do a katha on them.

(viii) Keep fighting fit - guru's khalsa should be tyar bar tyar, make running, pull ups and push ups a part of your weakly workouts.

(ix) Do time as a reservist with your country's forces - A khalsa is supposed to respect and have a thorough knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary arms. (Khalsa soye jo lare hoe age )

(x) Confront your fears - take part in adventurous activities. (Bhai kahu ko det nahin nah bhai manat aun )

FINALLY! Someone has ATLEAST started the thinking process about doing something and making a change!

I think you prove wrong again with a simple base assumption. Sikhi is not a state of mind, nor a religion. A state of mind is merely that, a current state that can be changed and exists in something that is physically nonexistant. A religion is a set of beliefs that dictate how one is to worship a higher power. Sikhi is a way of life, and combines the religious aspects of what Western society calls religion, with the discipline that comes with a path of life. When you make observations on Sikhi's state, you take it from one perspective, and that is what you see, and take out the facts. You have an opinion, but it has no basis. You are operating under assumptions that Sikhs in general are praying for things, or not doing things that Sikhs should be doing. And I am sure that there are more than a few out there, but that is an incorrect generalization which ends up marginalizing Sikhi as a whole. You are marginalizing Sikhi by saying that it will be swallowed up whole by Hinduism. Some of your points I take contention with, but what I have the biggest problem with is the way you're going about trying to enact these points. There aren't enough facts to go along with your argument, and it really smacks of snobbery by saying the Gursikhs of today don't compare to the past. It isn't right to compare one person to another, and it isn't right to belittle them as less than their predecessors. Unless you've personally spent time with every single one of them, not only those today but those of yesterday, you are generalizing yet again. And I can assure you, as someone who has spent time with some tremendous Gursikhs, that they are out there. You just aren't taking the time to look.

Gurfatehji,

I feel hindus lack the misionary spirit to merge other faiths in hinduism. If other faiths are nearly extinct.. it could be because of the lack of spirit to carry on with its faith. Sikhism is too strong for hindus to devour..

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

the only thing swallowing up sikhs these days is fear and then they act like sheeps all their lives scared to do anything i.e. stand up for the panth!!!!!

nothing can destroy sikhi the word of God in our Guru Maharaj Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will remain the same forever BUT will people stay the same.....atm moment sikhism is small BUT WHO KNOWS where it will be in 1000 years time, you never know sikhism in the future may have a billion followers!!! people need more faith!!!!

Hey have u ever thought that sikhi may end up swallowing hinduism!!!!!

WJKK WJKF,

Thanks for everyone's time and responses. I made this post because I accept Sikhi the religion may be flourishing but Sikhi the avastha(Sikhi is not a religion its a state of mind) is all but dead. The first step to curing an evil is to admit that we have one among ourselves. How many of us who have

(i) Studied / are studying Guru Granth Sahib cover to cover.

(ii) Have an avastha like bhai Mani Singh/ jathe Gurdev Singh Konke / Jaswant singh khalra's or other gurmukhs where their band band will be chopped and they wont flinch.

(iii) Engaged in asking for padarths from Guru Sahib

(iv) How many of us were tyar bar tyar and decided to go to darfur and defend the meek.

Personally, I am working on an innovative software which when accepted in software companies will generate 2000$ per license and we will use that money to take street kids off indian streets . These kids will then be provided education in a boarding shcool envrionment which will also impart gurmat education - gurmat sangeet, gatka, horse riding . I hope many of them will become professionals and at the same time parcharaks of their own will.

Veer MS,

I believe puratan sikhi that McAuliffe was a witness to is already extinct - whatever remaining gurmukhs we had chose to accept shaheedi during 84-94 ghallughara.

Guru Gobind Singh said not to have any rishta with Kurimaars but Punjab is the world's female infanticide capital. How many punjabis actually treat daughters and sons the same even in 21st century?

Lowest of the low,

When i say Bani doesn't try to be politically correct - I mean it states the truth as it is and doesn't try to please everyone. So its a positive aspect but I still apologize for having offended you in any way.

Rupinder,

I agree the title is overly pessimistic but thats something coming straight from my heart. But lets all start working together and in an year or less I will make another post about how Sikhs are coming back to true sikhi.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, what a stupid observation? No body could beat our Guru Ji's and this <banned word filter activated> is observing that Sikhi will be absorbed, what a ******* joke! lol!

What a nonsense post.

Veer Hardeep and lovekhalistan, Thanks for all your love and support. I am in no position to advise you but Fareed ji says - "fareeda bure ka kar bhala, gussa man na handaye". Even if i am evil/ignorant/'idiotic' - name calling will not bring me or anyone else around to your point of view and we should not easily give in to Krodh. But I think you are you going by "murkhai naal na loojhiye" and have chosen to shut this moorakh up through one liners. Either ways I respect your standpoint.

DO NOT FORGET THIS!

Yes Hardeep, I am ashamed of myself for having done jack other than posting on these forums but believe me veere I am trying to make a difference ,if only we can all join forces and throw biparvaad out of sikhi once and for all.

wow...even ur replys were awsome

lol

ur the kind of person iv'e bin looking 4

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Waheguru -

Something positive has already come out of this discussion - I got fortunate enough to experince smart singh's amazing teen taal

tabla

- I enjoyed it so much I had it play as I cooked supper - usually I am listening to gurbani during cooking.

To all sangat who have posted/read this topic - Last objective of this post is to create polarization among sangat - you are with me or against me sort of standpoint. The most important thing that will actually help us bring about any change and must be preserved at all costs is SIKH CAMARDERIE. Sikhsangat and other forums should be used as a tool to bond and boost sikh unity and not create divisions. Show love, acceptance and keep your heart and arms open, bani says people with closed minds are like upturned vessels - they will never be able to hold anything.

Also a sikh is a constant learner - Ability to handle criticism gracefully is an indispensable part of a leader - and thats what we want to do - create leaders. Rather than jump on fellow posters we should work towards building consensus - another hallmark of leadership. If you are criticized, put yourself in your criticizer's shoes and see how you may have offended them. ITs totalitarian / literalist/ b&w views that we need to defend ourselves against. About criticism bani says :

ni(n)dho ni(n)dho mo ko log ni(n)dho || ni(n)dhaa jan ko kharee piaaree ||

And about my own imperfections : Hamr(e) aougan bahut bahut hai(n) ||

Also in asa di // :

Mithat neevi nanaka sab changayiya tat ( Humility and soft spokenness are gist of all virtues )

There will always be differences of opinion but quote bani, quote sikh history and personal experiences to impress your point of view. In my company they say attack the idea not the person.

e.g. I would be much more receptive to people's opinions if they'd have countered my views with something like this :

" Veer SatwantBeantKehar,

Its good to see your concern for sikhi and I am sure your personal experiences have driven you to make this post. However my observations are inconsitent with this wholesale assumption that sikhi is all but dead. I have met some amazing gursikhs who wouldn't think twice before laying down their heads for the guru and are relatively untouched from maya. Having said that I'd have to agree that theres lot of biparvaad among common sikhs - lets do something about - lets start a poster campaign - lest come out with posters that inspire pride in sikh and emphasize nyarapan of sikhi and put em up all over gurughars in canada, us, uk , india and other countries. Lets also provide a website link where people who want to learn further about history and sikh theology can educate themselves."

This is a general example and holds true for all kinds of discussions "sab main jot jot hai soi - tis de chanan sab main chanan hoi" - lets try to get our times worth from these discussions and guide them in a direction where concrete actions that will create impact can be reached at.

In ancient times singhs and singhnis were routinely ready to lay their lives for panth and fellow singhs. If we quibble over petty issues and act like 12 year olds it doesnt reflect very well on us - does it.

Also the non sikh world is going to judge our guru by how we behave/ live our lives. If we fail to show respect and love - people will think Sikhi is just as hollow as other faiths. Take some time to ponder - why people were converting in droves in Gurus times and after akal chalana of Guru Gobind Singh jee to early nineteenth century (that was the toughest time - sikhs carried prize money on their heads) - the reason was Singhs led exemplary jeevan and inspired anyone who came in their contact to at least explore beauty of sikhi. This is rare these days - lets ask ouselves why.

Sikhi is eternal and existed billions of years before guru nanak and will continue to exist for ever. The shabad took form of 10 dehis to bestow upon humanity the ilahi bani in written form. However the analogy is of an ocean - it is not the ocean thats drying up - its people who used to visit the ocean are going to it less and less and assume that its not really important as they are having their needs fulfilled by having the water supplied to their homes through pipelines. Go to the ocean yourself i.e read sri Guru Granth Sahib and acquire first hand knowledge of sikhi.

Veer Smartsingh,

When you say states of mind things like joy and sorrow come to mind which are ofcourse temporary. However There can be permanent states of mind e.g. Insanity / schizophrenia - when we will do parchar we aim to employ neuroscience and psychology as tools to create maximum impact. Its a state of mind when you are sawed alive into two pieces and you don't feel pain or fear. In my opinion its difficult to reach at through organized/structured religion alone.

Also can you give me emails of the amazing gursikhs in your circle(inluding your own :@ ). In this case I am glad to be proven wrong. Keep up the great sewa with Tabla - you completely blew me away.

Since we should get something positive out of this post, how will you like to take up sewa of doing Keertan Sohila katha in English, Give me the mp3s and i will upload it on Sikhpassion.com .

Once again das apologize for hurting people's sentiments.