just a feeling!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

aaah....not much to say... but last night i was listening to Gurdaas Maan's collection..

i always admire....he is a good singer... but suddenly i just felt like ohmy.gif when i listened

the song "Apna Punjab Hove , Ghar Di Sharaab Hove"........is this wht our punjabi culture depicts....and to my more amazement this song was and is still a big number of gurdas maan...no wonder rest of the song is beautiful..but still the opening line :) ugh!

moreover there r many many singers and songs which show that alcohol is one of the main ingredient for describing punjabi culture.... for eg.. one more song by Pammi bai..being famous days... "Muchhan Kundiyaan , Te Tor Vaali Pag Hoyee.............. do cheezan jatt mangda, daroo ghar di , te bandook barah bor di..."!

but this is not the main reason y i m expressing my grief...

i was shocked last saturday...it was my friend's b'day party... and they all brought liquor... when i said ..sorry i dont drink... he said "oye .. sardaar hoke ye baat karta hai...... sardaar nahi peeyenge......to inki[liquor] bikri kaisi hogi!!!"

(it means, if sardaar dont drinks, then how would be liquor sold)

I was like ohmy.gif:@ @

now wht more to say!!!

NANAK JEEVTIYAA MAR REHIYE, AISA JOG KAMAIYE||

Guest mehtab

thats coz most indians are dum and unaware bout Sikhi...trust me i have seen those who think meat eating is allowed in Sikhi...and some pakistanis who say hindus are allowed to drink alcohol...there are uninformed and/or stupid ppl everywhere...u could have said that its not allowed in Sikhism, and those who drink are losers...so next time they see a sardar drink, they wud say "oye .. sardaar hoke peeta hai...... asli sardaar kabhi nahi peete"

Waheguru jiO!

Im pretty sure many can relate to this cuz it happens in mostly every family where at least somewhere down the chain one of ur family is a achoholic :)

This is BAD. ANd i can justly say dat everyone does see us only like dat. Even if some see that your wearing all your 5 K's, your siri sahib is showing, still they will not hesitate to ask, cuz its been like that in the past. You goto india you will c many babai and even bibian drinking :@

Its reli reli bad out there. The worst where i just simply like beating that guy wit a hockey stick is when one goes, "Putt Shaer banke pilla, gabroo munda mera, eh hoya jatt da munda." :D @

I bet lots can relate to that. Seen most of everythin, where little kids aging from when they r born to old budai who r into drinking and HOW... its parents who arnt educated well enough ... and why .. its ppl like us, who can educate our kids well.

ANyway .. hmm i dont know if i made sense but i tried.. blush.gif

bhul chuk maph!

"oye .. sardaar hoke ye baat karta hai...... sardaar nahi peeyenge......to inki[liquor] bikri kaisi hogi!!!"

you should have been like sardar ho ki punjabi bol fer hindi kate boli jana. should have been like tuhadi bolni bihariah wargi ah naale tuhadi aadat...

it is all fake pride in jatt culture, people are forgetting their faith becuase people have money now in Punjab. When they have nothing that is when they will remember their Sikhi. It is like when people get sick they go to Gurdwara and pray to get better, and when they get all better, "chalo kado ghar di sharaab, jatt kolo ta rab wi darda...brruuuaahhh"

"oye .. sardaar hoke ye baat karta hai...... sardaar nahi peeyenge......to inki[liquor] bikri kaisi hogi!!!"

you should have been like sardar ho ki punjabi bol fer hindi kate boli jana. should have been like tuhadi bolni bihariah wargi ah naale tuhadi aadat...

it is all fake pride in jatt culture, people are forgetting their faith becuase people have money now in Punjab. When they have nothing that is when they will remember their Sikhi. It is like when people get sick they go to Gurdwara and pray to get better, and when they get all better, "chalo kado ghar di sharaab, jatt kolo ta rab wi darda...brruuuaahhh"

^_^^_^:)

there's a joke here in malaysia about sikhs.. they say whenever two sikhs meet each other da onli thing they will say is lets go for a drink.. here sikhs are regarded as drinkers.. :) i hsouldnt be sayin da word sikhs here coz sikhs are forbidded from doin all dis but dis is da sad fact here.. and if u dont drink.. they'll will just look at u in amazement and say ... sikhs are suppose to be da best drinkers :@