I'm Not Sleeping

Guest Guest

wjkkwjkf

may be reading can help ... try some books like jail chithiya ,rangle sajjan....

get in ur bed.. and read them. u might end up sleeping and if not ... atleast u would not feel bad cos u havent wasted that time doing nothing .. you've actually read something useful.

put some kirtan on.

read different baaniya

do ardas.

hope tht helps.

wjkkwjkf

Guest Guest

Gurfateh ji.

Thanks for all your advice. I just wanted to let you know that I feel much better today. I switched my computer off and did kirtan sohila, japji sahib, chaupai sahib and 6 pauree of anand sahib before ardas and then I went to sleep. I had six hours sleep, so more than recent days. I hope to go to the gym this evening, come home and make myself a proper meal which should help. I think I have to make another commitment to guru ji now so that I dont find myself in this mess again.

Thanks once again.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ke fateh.

Glad to hear you had a better night of sleep :)

One thing to add:

watch your diet, cut down on processed food like cake, cookies, basically anything with sugar. Sugar can last a long time in your system and can prevent some people from getting a good night of sleep.

Watch for your cafein intake as well: chocolate before bed time not such a good idea: sugar + cafein

http://www.mercola.com/article/sleep.htm

you can also search the web for the effects of sugar

if you're gong nuts wiht stress, my advice:

identify the problem

make a simple plan to deal wiht it. doesn't have to be perfect. you can take action on incomplete plan and come back later to change/completee thngs

break actions down into small parts

take action on first part

also, go exercise. it helps a lot to clear the head. listen to simran/kirtan etc after exercise, exercise calms your body, helps your mind focus on shabad without your mind running around so much.

Guest Guest
Glad to hear you had a better night of sleep :)

One thing to add:

watch your diet, cut down on processed food like cake, cookies, basically anything with sugar. Sugar can last a long time in your system and can prevent some people from getting a good night of sleep.

Watch for your cafein intake as well: chocolate before bed time not such a good idea: sugar + cafein

http://www.mercola.com/article/sleep.htm

you can also search the web for the effects of sugar

Gurfateh ji.

My diet has been an issue for over three years now, I appreciate what you are saying in cutting down the sugary foods but it's not something I can do right now. It's hard to explain why, Eating disorders are difficult to understand and even harder to live with. I think once other things improve in my life then maybe my diet will improve.

Guest Guest
if you're gong nuts wiht stress, my advice:

identify the problem

make a simple plan to deal wiht it. doesn't have to be perfect. you can take action on incomplete plan and come back later to change/completee thngs

break actions down into small parts

take action on first part

also, go exercise. it helps a lot to clear the head. listen to simran/kirtan etc after exercise, exercise calms your body, helps your mind focus on shabad without your mind running around so much.

I think exercise and making sure I have time to relax and unwind is the best way to get through this problem. I just have to make sure I do it and take my gym stuff to work so I go straight there. It's really late I'm off to sleep, it's five to midnight. Goodnight. :)

Guest guest

Dont sleep for around 30 hours, then go to bed, should do the trick

if you cant go to sleep just get up and do something, until youre tired enough to fall asleep

remember veeerji, the later you stay up at night the more vulnerable you are to doing things like watching late night bad films or watching un suitable things on the net to releive your stress, i seriously suggest that you start taking sleeping pills to refrain yourself from things like this. i hope this helps veerji, wjkkwjkf.