Sarbloh

i dont know what fulaadi loha is we are talking about wootz, if there was someone who could make real wootz he would be world wide recognized because hundreds are ppl are experimenting to figure out the secret to wootz.. you should encourage the ppl you know to step up and share there knowledge.

After a search I guess you may be right.

Perhaps RicFurrer's wootz is just his concept of what he thinks wootz would have been. Do you know whether all the wootz blades have a good enough consistency in terms of composition and properties to determine that there was indeed a clear cut way to make wootz steel like there is the katana from tamahagane steel?

Perhaps RicFurrer's wootz is just his concept of what he thinks wootz would have been. Do you know whether all the wootz blades have a good enough consistency in terms of composition and properties to determine that there was indeed a clear cut way to make wootz steel like there is the katana from tamahagane steel?

Thank god bro you cant understand my frustration... i do not like people getting scammed all these guys claiming real wootz thats what they are doing and charging an arm and leg for their work. I knew a quick search would give you proper knowledge good :biggrin2:

right now there is no clear cut way bro ppl have been trying to figure it out but no one has got it right so far hopefully in the future someone will discover the secrets. That being said modern damascus the stuff my kirpans are made of and what ricfurrers is making is still high end steel even for modern steel. Thanks to their unique forging process, Damascus blades are some of the strongest available.

Best of both worlds. There are two main types of steel, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Carbon steel is easier to sharpen but prone to rust and must be treated with silicon wax to withstand the elements. Stainless steel, on the other hand, resists rust but is harder to sharpen. By uniquely combining these two metals, some Damascus knives offer the durability of its stainless steel outer core and the fine cutting edge of its carbon steel inner core.

Unique blade. Let’s face it: Even the most pragmatic person enjoys the aesthetic value of a quality kirpan. The wavy water-like pattern on the blade of a Damascus knife makes each one unique and something of a work of art.

that what i put on my site info on damscus for ppl who dont really know what it is, with out really going into too much technical info.

http://knivesdamascus.com/damascus-steel/

all your stuff is 20 - 30 years old

you can drudge all the articles you want the truth is every couple of years some one makes the claim and it is soon shot down... ppl have answered many questions about how damascus was forged but also left with many more. We are getting close to how damascus was made originally but just not there yet.

and this too

if you dont belive me as the guy in the video he will give you the same answer i did. im not sure if you really understanding the whole experimenting thing