Any Bodybuilders Here?

it all depends on the individual what works for you might not work for others, I just go by the ACSM guidelines as I Recommend cardio before weights is so my clients gives them a full body work out ,

Organizations such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) have attempted to distinguish differences between weight lifting for strength as opposed to building muscle (hypertrophy-specific training). As a consequence, in an effort to provide clear distinctions in their exercise recommendations for strength training as opposed to hypertrophy-specific training, these organizations have drawn on some rather flimsy evidence to justify their recommendations.

For example, the guidelines for strength and hypertrophy development recommended by ACSM are very similar in most respects such as exercise selection and training frequency . However, things get a little confusing when it comes to the recommendations for loading (RMs) and training volume. For strength development, the ACSM recommends the use of maximum loads (1-6RM), a lower number of total work sets and long rest intervals (3 to 5 minutes) between working sets. However, when it comes to “hypertrophy-specific” training they recommend the incorporation of lighter loads (8-12RM), more volume and shorter rest intervals.

don't forget building muscle mite look good from the out side but not necessarily meaning your healthy overall.

I disagree with this statement, not for the sake of disagreeing, but because weight training has been found (via research) to be just as, if not more important than cardio for maintaining optimum health. This is done via enhanced hormonal profiles, increase lean tissue, improved antioxidant defense systems, and much more. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 8:41-51, 2005. In fact at least one recent study has shown weight training to enhance longevity. Journal of the American Medical Association 295;1539-1548, 2006.

However you should be healthier overall, and cardio helps to prevent chronic disease..

I agree that cardio is healthy... The New England Journal of Medicine. 346:793–801, 852–853, 2002, however, the need for muscle is also very important. Sarcopenia is a known problem in the health sciences, and its treatment or rather prevention may be based on the amount of muscle mass that we have especially in earlier years.

supplements and powder protein drinks don't have any effect as its not scenically proven with the amount they recommend this is due to the amount they recommend is more likely to be not even a quarter amount needed for you to see improvement they are more of a money making shceme...

I have to Strongly disagree here. The reason for the controversy surrounding protein requirements for building muscle originates from misinterpreted scientific literature on this extremely complex topic. Many health care professionals and nutritionists do not have a sound knowledge of the analytical measures used to assess nutritional requirements. Most professionals do not examine the methodologies used in the research studies they base their recommendations upon.

Recent scientific evidence on physically active individuals indicates that regular exercise increases daily protein requirements by as much as 100%, that’s double the RDA. Can J Appl Physiol. 26:S130-40, 2001

Additionally other benefits are consistently being shown from specific supplements, including decreasing illness, enhancing bone mineral density, increasing recovery, enhancing immune system function, improving body composition, etc. etc. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 34;5: A1688, 2002. FASEB J. 17;5:abstract592.20 2003. Proc Aust Health Med Res Con. Abstract 1223, 2002

eating from natural sources is much more of a healthier option, and for carbs, depending on what type of cab, Simple carbohydrates or simple sugars – These carbs are broken down and digested very quickly, fast release energy, which means you use some of the energy but end up storing most as fat, and when you've used that energy you start dipping and breaking down muscle mass for energy,

Somewhat agree here, much of the health related problems today are directly attributable to simple carbohydrate intake in EXCESS. However, during sports or athletic events, during training, or other physically taxing work (labourers), may benefit from sugary drinks. Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:689-96, 2004

Complex carbohydrates The complex are a better option as they take longer to digest and are packed with fiber less likely to burn muscle for energy.

Agreed.

Fateh :):)

Please see response above. I would be very interested in discussing anything with you.

Regards and Gurfateh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic